Topic: Marshman vs. Cedenblad

Marshman vs. Cedenblad

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,552  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,505
  • Post Score: 60

10.06.2016 | 11:14 AM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Marshman vs. Cedenblad. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

10.06.2016 | 11:14 AM ET

Prediction: correct Marshman   correct KO/TKO   correct Round 2  

Marshman gets the call to the UFC.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

10.06.2016 | 9:10 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Cedenblad   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

Great match up, Cedenblad is a wildcard but I'm excited to see what Marshman can do. Jack's one of the guys from the UK like Judo Jim that I wanted to see get a shot in the UFC.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 2 weeks, 4 days, 22 hours, and 49 minutes from now.
Confusion
Confusion
  • Predictions:  82,342  |  64.8%
  • Forum Posts:  531
  • Post Score: 249

10.07.2016 | 12:15 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Cedenblad   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

Tough debut fight - the UFC doesn't seem to have a lot of patience in building up prospects.
yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

10.07.2016 | 1:04 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Cedenblad   wrong Submission   wrong Round 1  

I don't think they think of him as a prospect to build up. It's just two good European fighters against each other and if one of them eventually emerges as a prospect they take it from there.

The UFC being the virtual monopoly that they are in the sport don't feel they need to build anything, they throw 800 fighters into the pot and whoever manages to get himself noticed starts to get more attention. Barring special cases like Sage Northcutt that is, they rarely build up anything. The building is up to the fighters.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

10.07.2016 | 3:22 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Cedenblad   wrong Decision  

While I like the fight, I feel kind of bad for Cage Warriors.  They have lost their Middleweight Champion twice now in a span of a couple of months.  Hermansson leaving for the UFC was obvious, as he was not going to stay in Cage Warriors for long.  As far as I'm concerned, he should have been signed by the UFC a year ago.  Marshman, on the other hand, got called up a bit too soon the way I see it.  Plus, he's got a really tough test in Cedenblad, who is arguably a legit contender climbing the ladder at middleweight. Maybe it's just me.

I just hope they don't lose Pimblett and Fishgold too soon either.

* Edited at 10.07.2016, 3:23 AM ET *

"..."

GotAbductedOnce
GotAbductedOnce
  • Predictions:  127  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5
  • Post Score: 200

11.05.2016 | 11:23 PM ET

Cedenblad recently broke 2 different undefeated streaks. Marshman to be schooled.
PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  31,957  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,972
  • Post Score: 195

11.06.2016 | 1:39 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Cedenblad   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

Wonder how big Cedenblad's win streak will get before anyone in the UFC brass pays him any mind?

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

11.06.2016 | 2:50 AM ET

Eh, he takes very long layoffs. Seems like he's starting to string a few more frequent ones together, that'll most likely help his case, but with multiple long layoffs during his UFC career it's not surprising they didn't go putting any eggs in that basket.

He's got a 4 fight win streak that spans back to the summer of '13.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

ttluciano
ttluciano
  • Predictions:  7,773  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  7
  • Post Score: 57

11.15.2016 | 11:29 AM ET

Y

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Oliveira Thought Tsarukyan ‘Went Out’ In Late Choke Attempt
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Relive all of Conor McGregor's octagon wins in full before UFC 303 return
  • MMA Junkie : Chael Sonnen: Alex Pereira can become MMA GOAT if he wins UFC heavyweight title
  • MMA Mania : ‘Undeserving’ Harrison ‘Ran Away From Pacheco And Cyborg’
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Nate Diaz, Jorge Masvidal face off in front of rowdy Miami crowd
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC heads to Louisville for Fight Night card on June 8
  • Bad Left Hook : Zayas vs Teixeira headlines June 8 ESPN show in New York
  • MMA Junkie : Ben Askren: Jamahal Hill's ego 'put him in harm's way' vs. Alex Pereira at UFC 300
  • MMA Mania : ‘F—k It!’ PFL Steroid Gate Result Of ‘Chance To Gain Financial Stability’
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303 adds 2 more fights for Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler card
  • UFC.com : Where We Stand: Women's Strawweight Division | April 2024
  • UFC.com : All Of Conor McGregor's UFC Wins
  • MMAFighting.com : Diaz vs. Masvidal Miami press conference video
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The MMA Hour with Topuria, Chandler, Nickal, Prochazka, De La Hoya in studio, Perry, and Xiaonan now
  • MMA Junkie : Alexander Volkanovski: UFC 300 proved Max Holloway never lost it, has 'always been that good'
  • MMA Mania : Sterling ‘Was Probably Done’ With A Loss At UFC 300
  • MMA Junkie : Video replay: Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal Miami press conference
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal Miami press conference live stream (6:30 p.m. ET)
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry claims Darren Till turned down ‘over $2 million’ offer to fight him: ‘What is he doing?’ 
  • UFC.com : The Evolution Of The Third Street Savage | UFC FIGHT PASS