Topic: Fantasy & Games

BLC Season 7 - Playoffs (QF) :: Events, QF Matchups and Week 10 Recap

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

09.16.2016 | 7:16 PM ET

PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A few quick reminders before I go on with the regular stuff:

- No roster adds/drops during the playoffs!
- No dropped scores. Captains, it's on you, make sure all your guys are in, it's just 3 weekends.
- All-star teams are decided after the playoffs, so guys who have a bye or their team's not in the run anymore but still want that all-star spot, keep picking!!!

Counting events for the week (voting history):

[Friday, Sep. 16th, 21:00 ET] Bellator 161: Kongo vs. Johnson (-2.5 hrs)
[Friday, Sep. 16th, 22:00 ET] Legacy FC 59: Giles vs. Villanueva (-2.75 hrs)
[Saturday, Sep. 17th, 12:00 ET] Absolute Championship Berkut 45: Siberia vs. Caucasus (-2 hrs)
[Saturday, Sep. 17th, 21:00 ET] UFC Fight Night 94: Poirier vs. Johnson (-4 hrs)

Playoffs brackets:

Highlights from week 10:

TEAM:

POTN - Performance Of The Night (most points): The Flippin Ninjas
FOTN - Fight Of The Night (highest scoring matchup): The Junkies vs The Flippin Ninjas
KOTN - Knockout Of The Night (largest margin of victory): The Flippin Ninjas
SOTN - Submission Of The Night (smallest margin of victory): the Cuddly Samoans
STREAKS - The Flippin Ninjas end the season on fire (6 wins); The Junkies and Let Me Bang Bros. go into the playoffs / TB on a sour note (2 losses)

INDIVIDUAL:

POTN: @joe kerr with 4,370 pts
LEAGUE LEADER: @joe kerr
SOLO WINS: @hunterp (Pancrase)

>> Toll's week 10 breakdown <<

* If there are any mistakes please let me know, it's pretty late here so I wouldn't be too surprised if there are.

* Edited at 09.16.2016, 7:16 PM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Responses

yossgold
yossgold

09.16.2016 | 7:18 PM ET

Kuma's countdowns:

[Friday, Sep. 16th, 21:00 ET] Bellator 161: Kongo vs. Johnson (-2.5 hrs)

[Friday, Sep. 16th, 22:00 ET] Legacy FC 59: Giles vs. Villanueva (-2.75 hrs)

[Saturday, Sep. 17th, 12:00 ET] Absolute Championship Berkut 45: Siberia vs. Caucasus (-2 hrs)

[Saturday, Sep. 17th, 21:00 ET] UFC Fight Night 94: Poirier vs. Johnson (-4 hrs)

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

yossgold
yossgold

09.16.2016 | 7:18 PM ET

Week 10 results:

* Edited at 09.16.2016, 7:27 PM ET *

yossgold
yossgold

09.16.2016 | 7:19 PM ET

Team Rankings and last minute trades:

Team rankings:

Trades:

yossgold
yossgold

Individual rankings:

yossgold
yossgold

Week 11 matchups:

Toll
Toll
  • Predictions:  46,751  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  368
  • Post Score: 542

09.16.2016 | 9:16 PM ET

What are Roman Numerals? They're ROMAN! A bunch of x's, v's and i's. Nobody even uses Roman Numerals anymore except for prep school kids and crossword puzzels. But that was before the BLC Playoffs. Now Roman Numerals have a pulse. Kagaku Ninjatai Kumamon winners of season IV, The Richard Craniums winners of season III, The Illuminati Lizard Overlords winners of season V. Now everybody from Russia to Istanbul to Arkansas can count to 5 in Roman Numerals. That's how big the BLC Playoffs are. It took Roman Numerals and turned them into... Roman Numerals.

"Any craft who'd fain To cross the Sea Lords Special Royal Domain Must pay the tribute that King Neptune wishes And be received by mermaids sharks & fishes For we'll see you on the morn. Any who resist will wish he'd not been born"

Toll
Toll

09.16.2016 | 9:22 PM ET

You know what five points is? Five points. You can't do anything with five points. New Belt? 1,000 points if it's white. New Award. 100 points at best. But that was before the BLC playoffs. Before 5 points became a difference maker. Before The Kick-Askrens defeated Destroy All Oddsbots 2 by 5 points. Before The Grabaka Hitmen earned Submission of the Night over Let Me Bang Bros by 10. Now people care more about 5 points than their dog. Having 5 more points than someone could get you into the All-Star Game. That's how big the BLC playoffs are. They took five points and created... five points.

"Any craft who'd fain To cross the Sea Lords Special Royal Domain Must pay the tribute that King Neptune wishes And be received by mermaids sharks & fishes For we'll see you on the morn. Any who resist will wish he'd not been born"

Toll
Toll

09.16.2016 | 9:29 PM ET

The phrase average joe was coined for a reason. Joe's a guy who wears a shirt that says 'Joe' on it. Joe doesn't steal the girl, he's the guy you pal around with. But not since the BLC playoffs. Now joe's a Money belt from Quebec who changes everything. joe's the guy who leads Baby Powder Yamazakis and The Japanese Konspiracy through the playoffs to win it all. joe's not just a name, it's an idea. Father's expect more from a kid named joe. That's how big the BLC playoffs are. It took the name Joe and made it... joe.

Toll
Toll

09.16.2016 | 9:35 PM ET

THE PLAYOFFS ARE HERE

You know what impossible means? Don't even try it. Impossible can't happen. Impossible says "What are you crazy? That's impossible!" But not anymore. Not since the BLC playoffs. Now impossible is just a starting point. Impossible is a negotiation. Impossible means The Dilly Dong Cummins, an 0-5 team without any free agents, running the gauntlet to win five straight, catapulting nine players into euphoria. That's the magnitude of the BLC playoffs. They've changed the english language. They've made impossible... possible.

Toll
Toll

09.18.2016 | 12:43 AM ET

PLAYOFF SCORE UPDATE

Here is this weeks unofficial >> Quarter Finals Update <<

Just started putting in scores, so check back whenever.

Rob Hallman
Rob Hallman
  • Predictions:  28,239  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  448
  • Post Score: 285

09.19.2016 | 7:30 AM ET

FFFuuuucccckkkkkkk!!!!!....i missed ACB.  I thought i picked all 4 events.  It's a good thing we had the bye, but i can kiss my 4th straight all star appearance good bye.  :(

jonnyboy6969
jonnyboy6969
  • Predictions:  92,358  |  67.6%
  • Forum Posts:  406
  • Post Score: 229

09.20.2016 | 12:50 PM ET

Where's this week's event voting post? 

"Fortune favors the bold."

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

09.21.2016 | 5:21 PM ET

I get lost in your sexy AV @Toll

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

Toll
Toll

09.22.2016 | 1:51 AM ET

Lol! It's all part of my devious plan... distract and hypnotize everyone ranked above me into missing picks, so I can sneak in to the All-Star Game. >:-)

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Muhammad Goes Off On Edwards And ‘Fakest Team I’ve Ever Seen’
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia has skill set to compete with Devin Haney. Does he have mindset?
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight; Topuria responds
  • MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo: Bo Nickal needs to hold his horses, 'maybe 10 fights away from possibly becoming UFC champion'
  • MMA Mania : Frenemies? ‘I Hate To See A Fighter Lose His Confidence’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 weigh-in results: Welterweights, featherweights set in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : ‘When I Was Your Age, I Already Had Title Defenses, Buddy’
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia fight card
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Belal Muhammad Claims He ‘Hates Leon Edwards’ Guts,’ Hopes To Dethrone The Welterweight King In Manchester
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Says He’s ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, Wants Logan Paul Or Floyd Mayweather Jr In Boxing After Nate Diaz
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Suggests Herb Dean Played a Part in Jamahal Hill’s UFC 300 Loss, ‘Big’ John McCarthy Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway responds to the 'un-BMF' demands from UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Eddie Hearn says things about to get real for Ryan Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Hearn says things about to get real for Garcia
  • MMA Mania : PFL Chicago Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Relive every win of Conor McGregor’s epic UFC career
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland vs. Paulo Costa: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC 302 co-headliner
  • MMA Mania : No Foul Play! ‘The Cutman Used A Boxing Technique’
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 weigh-in video
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 weigh-in video, results