Tapology Forums

Dominick Cruz is ready to derail Cody Garbrants hype train - killer style

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Nedu Obi
Nedu Obi
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  20
  • Post Score: 55

09.15.2016 | 10:47 AM ET

Responses

VanDellaMia
VanDellaMia
  • Predictions:  3,801  |  57.5%
  • Forum Posts:  18
  • Post Score: 117

09.15.2016 | 4:37 PM ET

Dominick the Decisionator Cruz isn't going to derail anything but his own hype train.  He's calling out a mid ranked guy, the actual guy who could tuck him in to bed.  He's gifting Cody this opportunity to expose him for being sidelined too long.  He beat a gatekeeper, squeaked by a controversial split decision to the guy he's now avoiding and the guy who deserves the rematch... and beat a pretty stale Urijah Faber again by decision. 

Cody is new blood, a killing machine, young, hungry and a very active fighter.  He has 8 fights where Dom has had 3 in the past 2 years.  Experience in the Octagon regardless of rankings is priceless.  He knows how to move in there... and yes that's Dom's biggest strength, but he hasn't fought a sniper like Cody in years.  

I predict a T/KO finish for Cody and Dom goes to dip like he does.

"once in a while eternity doesnt seem like a long commercial of violent discharge and life seems a little sadder than death but we die everyday and i feel its really admitting were alive that ferments hOur dreams"

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

09.16.2016 | 7:45 AM ET

Cruz is more technical at this point but anything can happen.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

09.16.2016 | 9:35 AM ET

I think Cody loses his edge and gasses out after whiffing and air for the first 3 rounds like all Cruz' opponents do until he gets a step slower in the championship rounds. If TJ, who's way faster and more technical than Cody was punching air for 3 rounds, you can bet your bottom dollar Cody will. The difference being TJ won't get frustrated and is composed enough to push through (which is why his championship rounds against Dom were so good). Garbrandt is a meathead, if he keeps getting tagged and punching air he'll lose composure. Also, he throws everything into each punch, he won't have the same sting in the later rounds.

Not that he can't catch Dom, he's been proven hittable and with Cody that could be enough, but I rarely get on the puncher's chance vs. the higher all around skillset with WAY more options.

* Edited at 09.16.2016, 9:37 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

09.16.2016 | 2:12 PM ET

He might, but I am not so sure about that. I think Cody may be his most dangerous opponent yet.   I dont agree that Dillashaw way faster or more technical. I think you are seriously underselling Cody, but we will see. From what ive heard rumor wise, Cody use to get the better of Dillashaw in training more often then not. I personally think he would sleep Dillashaw and most of the division.

* Edited at 09.16.2016, 2:13 PM ET *

"here I come to save the day"

yasdas
yasdas
  • Predictions:  2,597  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  517
  • Post Score: 140

09.17.2016 | 1:18 AM ET

Do you know what the source of those rumors is? I remember hearing Garbrandt himself say he got the better of Dillashaw in sparring. If I was him, I could say whatever the hell I wanted about who I beat in sparring, and I would have a reason to make things up if I wanted to hype myself up for a title shot. A claim that he beat up Dillashaw in sparring is just as verifiable as a claim that he beat up Miocic regularly while he trained at Strong Style is. Not.

* Edited at 09.17.2016, 1:18 AM ET *

"I must become shape" - Khabib Nurmagomedov

wdlowry57
wdlowry57
  • Predictions:  8,358  |  60.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4
  • Post Score: 175

11.04.2016 | 11:01 AM ET

A big part of me has Cody winning this fight but you can't count out Cruz

"Wise Men Listen & Laugh, while Fools Talks"

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

11.04.2016 | 2:13 PM ET

Diamond throat is a formidable athlete, probably future champion one day, but Cruz will show him how to embrace that werk

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

AlexSpanBjj
AlexSpanBjj
  • Predictions:  1,328  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  215
  • Post Score: 79

11.16.2016 | 10:51 AM ET

So much disrespect for Cruz :/
yossgold
yossgold

11.16.2016 | 11:06 AM ET

Why's that? 

Because he's smart enough to understand that if he wants to make some money he needs to jump into the promotion game too? He doesn't want to sit back and be Mighty Mouse where everyone says he's the #1 p4p fighter on the planet but no one wants to watch him fight so he's making an attempt to spice up his fights. Sadly, the only way to spice up fights in MMA is to create grudges. Sadly the bulk of MMA fans that actually make a difference financially could care less about talent. So if Dom wants to up his slice of the pie a bit, he needs to "be mean" to his opponent in the build-up. It's not going to help him a lot because casual MMA fans are stupid, but it'll give him that little extra boost, that's for sure.

Dom's got one of the best "fight minds" in the business. He understands fighting better than 99% of the guys in the UFC and all the "experts" in MMA media. He's got such a unique style with so many layers to everything he does in the cage, that just because he "doesn't finish, bruh" people totally miss out on. I would rather watch a 12 round Cruz fight with no finish over 12 heavyweight 1-rounders with brutal knockouts any day of the week.

As for respect, how the hell can someone love this sport and have an ounce of disrespect for a guy who, created his own style of fighting instead of just doing what they all do, dominated a division, got back-to-back-to-back career ending injuries in his prime, overcame that **** and came back even better without losing a step? He's easily one of the hardest workers in the sport too. I can guarantee that if all those "no one works as hard as me guys" spent a training camp with Dominick they'd see they're amateurs in comparison.

Love him or hate him, you have to respect him.

* Edited at 11.16.2016, 11:09 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

AlexSpanBjj
AlexSpanBjj

11.16.2016 | 11:59 AM ET

This is precisely why i am saying to much ppl disrespect him on some comment.. crazy..
yossgold
yossgold

11.16.2016 | 1:03 PM ET

Ah, sorry, I completely misunderstood you and went into full rant-mode. I though you were saying you had so much disrespect for him, lol!!!

OutlawJoseyWales
OutlawJoseyWales
  • Predictions:  10,186  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,392
  • Post Score: -147

11.16.2016 | 4:09 PM ET

Cruz will just take cody into the later rounds and have his way. Peace!
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 7 months, 6 days, 20 hours, and 5 minutes from now.
mbach4307
mbach4307
  • Predictions:  934  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  887
  • Post Score: 137

11.16.2016 | 5:50 PM ET

Cody's power is hard to account for. Anyone with one shot ko power is a tough out because no matter what they always have that in their back pocket. With that being said, we don't know how Cody will do in the later rounds if it gets there. Cody's boxing is on point, but the question is will he be able to land on Cruz consistently? I'm wondering if after so many TAM guys have fought Cruz, they will be able to really game plan and help Cody with Cruz's unorthodox style. I think the key to fight is whether or not Cody can figure out Cruz's timing and if Cruz can fluster and keep it mixed up enough. Plus I think that Cody's grappling will be put to the test because Cruz will most likely look to mix in quite a few td attempts to keep Cody from getting too comfortable on the feet.

"Where are my shoes?"

AlexSpanBjj
AlexSpanBjj

11.17.2016 | 4:47 AM ET

@yossgold haha sorry maybe i didn't express my self right (English is not my native tong). But it's fine because you made some very good points :D (i couldn't have praise Cruz so well !)
yossgold
yossgold

11.17.2016 | 8:54 AM ET

Nah, you expressed yourself perfectly, this one's all me ;)

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Action-Packed Divisions All Round At ADCC Sydney Open 2024
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: And New Super Lightweight Champion?
  • MMA Mania : Nurmagomedov Injured, Bellator Paris Title Fight Paused
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Inks PFL Extension, Returns At Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Ben Rothwell hopes Mark Hunt signing with BKFC materializes, wants rematch that 'brings eyes'
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Banks Big Money After Placing a $2 Million Bet on Himself to Defeat Devin Haney
  • MMA Junkie : Murad Ramazanov lauds Nurmagomedov training discipline for fast start in PFL debut
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This is going to make him a way bigger superstar’: Trainer talks Garcia’s big win over Haney
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This is going to make him a way bigger superstar’: Trainer talks Ryan Garcia’s big win over Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : ‘This Could Be A Career Death Sentence’
  • MMAFighting.com : DC calls for McGregor vs. Chandler to be 165-pound ‘super lightweight’ title fight
  • MMA Mania : ‘Be Prepared To Bleed, Rainbow!’
  • Bad Left Hook : Pitbull Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr, Santa Cruz vs Mares 3 on Crawford undercard
  • Middle Easy : Jamahal Hill Says He ‘Took No Damage’ Against Alex Pereira, Plans To Take Out ‘Frustrations’ Against Khalil Rountree Jr
  • MMA Junkie : Savannah Marshall's MMA debut opponent revealed as full 2024 PFL Europe 2 lineup announced
  • Middle Easy : Chael Sonnen Shuts Down Chances Of Conor McGregor and Michael Chandler Fighting For Proposed 165-Pound Title
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC owners at Triller acquired by Hong Kong-based finance company in $4 billion merger
  • MMA Junkie : The Ryan Garcia show is ready to take off after upset of Devin Haney | Opinion
  • MMA Mania : Aspinall ‘Would Be In Trouble’ Against Someone Like Velasquez
  • MMA Junkie : John Kavanagh: Conor McGregor's 'technique is as sharp as ever' ahead of UFC 303