Topic: Weidman vs. Romero

Weidman vs. Romero

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,582  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,524
  • Post Score: 60

09.07.2016 | 6:08 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Weidman   wrong Decision  

This is the official discussion thread for Weidman vs. Romero. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 2

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

11.10.2016 | 10:25 PM ET

Chris all the way.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

11.11.2016 | 1:21 AM ET

Prediction: correct Romero   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

The fight is no less hard to pick then it was when it was announced. My gut is telling me Romero khtfo but I can easily see Chris outgrappling him and I can see Romero stuffing his grappling and getting the better of him on the feet. Tough fight to call.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 1 week, 4 days, 18 hours, and 9 minutes from now.
pauljohn
pauljohn
  • Predictions:  39  |  48.7%
  • Forum Posts:  7
  • Post Score: -14

11.11.2016 | 7:37 PM ET

Prediction: correct Romero   wrong Decision  

Yoel can come out a lot harder in the first few rounds than the Chris
nomeansmoney
nomeansmoney
  • Predictions:  520  |  58.7%
  • Forum Posts:  123
  • Post Score: 23

11.11.2016 | 9:06 PM ET

Romero by hulk the f*** out

"Gitsum"

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

11.12.2016 | 8:17 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Weidman   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Holy ****! Just watched the weigh ins, I think Romero's the first guy in MMA history to get busted for roiding and come back beefier and more ripped than ever.

Either he's found a new designer or he's going to melt the piss cup when they sample him. Forget the blood tests, no syringe is penetrating that layer of stone he calls muscles.

* Edited at 11.12.2016, 8:49 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Kirethidae
Kirethidae
  • Predictions:  732  |  58.5%
  • Forum Posts:  73
  • Post Score: -16

11.12.2016 | 8:36 AM ET

Prediction: correct Romero   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

TKO

"Super Saiyan"

BakedBill
BakedBill
  • Predictions:  57  |  49.1%
  • Forum Posts:  11
  • Post Score: 73

11.12.2016 | 5:37 PM ET

This pick doesn't count if The Chris throws a wheel kick.
Ultramagnetic
Ultramagnetic
  • Predictions:  63,954  |  72.0%
  • Forum Posts:  595
  • Post Score: 338

11.12.2016 | 6:23 PM ET

Prediction: correct Romero   correct KO/TKO   correct Round 3  

"How ya gonna keep 'em down on the farm once they've seen Karl Hungus."

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

11.12.2016 | 11:17 PM ET

Sad for the result.

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  31,978  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,972
  • Post Score: 195

11.13.2016 | 2:09 AM ET

Weidman seems to have lost...something. IDK if it was USADA or his injury problems or complacency or something else or a combination, but he just hasn't looked very aggressive or as strong as he used to.

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

StreamFan68
StreamFan68
  • Predictions:  1,730  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  193
  • Post Score: -66

11.13.2016 | 2:15 AM ET

Weidmen finally is found out

I have never bought into the hype of Weidmen...he has allways been a good fighter... marred by injury but in a way its kinda been a blessing... its kept him in the "picture" alot longer than had he really been made to go out and prove it... Amazing wrestler but thats about it really.. He rode that Silva victory for all its worth...  but I honestly think what people seen tonight is what we call "Found out" for those who still believed... Great guy, good positive message always..But somehow I think hes been a victim of a few key wins early on in his career..

"“And tell Dana I said get off Conor’s nuts”....(Nate Diaz) "

BeastMaster
BeastMaster
  • Predictions:  1,958  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,029
  • Post Score: 180

11.13.2016 | 2:26 AM ET

Prediction: correct Romero   wrong Decision  

I agree those two wins of silva definitely made people think he was better than he actually is but he's still a decent fighter. just maybe not on a elite level

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone lays a hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

StreamFan68
StreamFan68

11.13.2016 | 2:32 AM ET

@BeastMaster

Exactly man... definately a solid competitor for sure... just not what the hype was ever... I agree

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

11.14.2016 | 6:02 AM ET

You could say that about anyone who goes on a losing streak. Look how Anderson Silva has been the last 3 years.

AlexSpanBjj
AlexSpanBjj
  • Predictions:  1,328  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  215
  • Post Score: 79

11.14.2016 | 6:53 AM ET

Prediction: correct Romero   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

@rappinpapsoda Can't agree.. Silva has proven for so much time what he was capable of and i think he's just on his decline now that's all.

For Weidman case, he have always been a good fighter no doubt but the 2 consecutive victories against Silva really throw him as the number 1 guy (kind of overatted to me). But looking at him now, i don't know how it would go for him against top contenders like Jacare, Rockhold (rematch), Mousasi, Romero(rematch). No way i wan't to disrespect this guy he's a beast for sure :)

(BTW i remember i was quite shocked to see the odds for his fight with Romero when they were first "published"..) Sorry for bad english

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

11.14.2016 | 7:22 PM ET

Calm down people, Weidman is still top 5, Romero is just better.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 1 week, 4 days, 18 hours, and 9 minutes from now.
StreamFan68
StreamFan68

11.15.2016 | 8:59 PM ET

Ya well.. it doesnt get any better for him... its hard not to sound like your disrespecting the guy by what were saying, its not the intent here.. Guy has always been a pretty good fighter... But hes nowhere what his hype has EVER been...EVER... I wish him alot of luck and some of these guys are older so that works in his favor... but Jacare, Rockhold, Romero, and possibly Mousasi too... there just FAR superior when it gets down to it.. I cringe when I see them put Weidmens name on the P4P list..allways have... For the life of me I do not understand that one... especially on a 13-3 record... 

dtrain24
dtrain24
  • Predictions:  11,983  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,212
  • Post Score: 235

11.15.2016 | 10:10 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Weidman   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

"Far" superior? Weidman was tied with Rockhold until he threw that dumb spinning kick and was arguably winning the third round. And then he was tied 1-1 with Romero before that knee from hell landed. Fights that could have gone either way. 

"His legacy is money. My legacy is smesh." -Khabib

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

11.16.2016 | 2:42 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Weidman   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

The knee didn't "land", Yoel set it up ... he feinted it in the first round and registered Weidman's reaction (duck into a TD for some reason, maybe he interpreted Yoel's feint as a kick, not a knee), then he feinted it again in the 3rd and threw it the second Weidman reacted. This was no fluke or flash technique, this was someone with a superior understanding of the striking game making **** go his way.

Also, almost every wrestling exchange Romero was winning and Weidman's good minutes weren't exactly destructive. Romero was better everywhere.

As for Rockhold, I agree, it started to look like Weidman was beginning to run away with the fight before he threw the stupid kick that turn the bout around completely so yeah, I agree that given what we know to date, it seems Rockhold and Weidman are more or less on the same level.

I think that given a set of circumstances any one of the top 5 could become champ from here to the end of 2017 (I could even see a scenario where all of them touch gold since I think each one of them holds the tools to beat the other).

That said, I think Weidman's the one with the least momentum right now and has been looking the most vulnerable mentally. I could be wrong, I guess time will tell.

* Edited at 11.16.2016, 2:43 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

11.16.2016 | 6:12 AM ET

I just hope he comes back strong.

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Elijah Dorsey To Challenge Max Hanson For Welterweight Title At Enigma Invitational 15
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings