Topic: Lineker vs. Dodson

Lineker vs. Dodson

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,582  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,524
  • Post Score: 60

08.13.2016 | 6:55 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Lineker vs. Dodson. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 2

yasdas
yasdas
  • Predictions:  2,597  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  517
  • Post Score: 140

08.21.2016 | 4:06 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Dodson   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

I think Dodson's speed and camp will give him the edge here. It could go either way though, considering they're both known as heavy hitters.

"I must become shape" - Khabib Nurmagomedov

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

08.22.2016 | 7:53 AM ET

^I agree.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

Slothrop
Slothrop
  • Predictions:  5,224  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: 133

09.26.2016 | 11:34 AM ET

Prediction: correct Lineker   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

kI
MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,326  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,484
  • Post Score: 203

09.26.2016 | 5:03 PM ET

Prediction: correct Lineker   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

Watching Lineker take hooks from Michael McDonald right on the chin and literally not even flinch, it's just insane. If Dodson finishes him, props to him. But Lineker is gonna murderdeathkill, me thinks.

* Edited at 09.26.2016, 7:59 PM ET *

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Kuma
Kuma
  • Predictions:  40,025  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,845
  • Post Score: 210

09.26.2016 | 5:38 PM ET

Prediction: correct Lineker   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

I'm a huge Lineker fan,and I think he just got caught perfect,but I have seen him rocked a few times iirc,one for sure in the UFC and I think in a fight pre UFC.In the UFC he was rocked bad by Jose Maria Tome or whatever his name is,I think it was a spinning backfist or something , can't remember perfect it was a few years ago,and where I saw him rocked before idr but I remember something vaguely.I think he has an incredible chin,obviously, and it's kind of a moot point but he has been hurt bad before and that was to a guy with little power.Like I said though I think it was just a perfect shot he didn't see.

Dodson has the power to put out anyone at 125 or 135 imo,and with Lineker's crazy style and looping hooks running in,Dodson can fire down the middle like he does so well,couple that with a good Jackson/Wink gameplan and I could see a finish for Dodson.

I have to study footage,i'm leaning Lineker,I think his swarming smothering relentless style is just a handful for anyone and has shown great cardio in his entire UFC career.Brian Stann says every fight "he tends to slow down" because Brian Stann does most of his studying on paper not footage,and assumes because of the weight cut,one of the reasons I dislike Stann as a commentator (but has gotten better this last year or two,he actually pronounces more than half the fighters names correctly now).I'm as psyched for this fight as any in recent memory,it's going to be a phenomenal fight.Kind of a toss up for me atm but like I said I lean Lineker.Also I think Lineker has a lot of momentum,he's fighting a lot lately and destroying good guys.

Edit: I forgot to add,I think Lineker's by far biggest weakness is his willingness to grapple with wrestlers.Ali took him down and he looked for subs for a few minutes without trying to even get up.Sometimes he goes 100% to get up and seems impossible to hold down,but against Ali,one of the last people he should be playing on the ground with he was fine the whole first round (iirc) playing the ground game,it was just stupid.I think those types of fighters are his kyrptonite unless he's changed his mindset.Dodson might want to mix in a few td's if he can,just to mix it up,I wouldn't be surprised if that's a strong part of his gameplan.He could just outwit Lineker tbh.

* Edited at 09.26.2016, 5:48 PM ET *

mmacylon
mmacylon
  • Predictions:  256  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  99
  • Post Score: 78

09.26.2016 | 5:44 PM ET

polite lol along with Kuma's Stann assessment

Stann is the King of following a pre-packaged/stereotyped script that doesn't match reality

Fun recent example: claiming that quality grappler Jose Quinonez is a boxer, because he's Mexican and obviously every fighter from Mexico is a boxer.  You know, despite the fact that he has a two foot wide JIU JITSU logo stamped on his chest and the fact that it's easy to tell the dude is a grappling beast if you bother to look up his recent footage.

That said, 2016 Stann is way better than 2014-era Stann that the IQ 100 fans were drooling over.  "This guy (every guy in the UFC), what he has, is HEART"
Elite Fight Bets
Elite Fight Bets
  • Predictions:  12  |  25.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 100

09.26.2016 | 6:03 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Dodson   wrong Decision  

I don't see Lineker getting knocked out he has taken big shots before and they bounce of his chin and he has more power than Dodson but I think Dodson will get his tactics right and win by a close decision.
lldowntoearthll
lldowntoearthll
  • Predictions:  3,926  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,375
  • Post Score: 39

09.29.2016 | 9:04 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Dodson   wrong Decision  

neither have been ko'd and neither are likely to catch a sub so I'm expecting a hard fought decision, but I have no idea who to really favor. Power edge to lineker, but speed edge to dodson I think and that seems to be what's swaying me more.
jbeezy80
jbeezy80
  • Predictions:  7  |  57.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 0

10.01.2016 | 12:40 PM ET

both excellent fighters but i think dodson is gunna be to much his athleticisim is going to be the differance

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings
  • MMA Junkie : Former UFC champion Cain Velasquez gets trial date in attempted murder case
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Love Dana White. There’s No Issues’
  • MMAFighting.com : TKO CEO Ari Emanuel earned nearly $65 million in compensation in 2023, including $20 million bonus from UFC
  • Middle Easy : Marlon Vera Calls Out Ex-UFC Champion for Bantamweight Title Eliminator at MSG in November
  • MMA Junkie : Alex Perez not surprised Steve Erceg got UFC title shot, despite Muhammad Mokaev's 'tougher resume'
  • Jits Magazine : PGF World Season 6: Best Of Day 2
  • MMA Junkie : Video: 'UFC on ESPN 55: Nicolau vs. Perez' media day interviews
  • UFC.com : Best UFC Fights To Happen In Rio de Janeiro | UFC Fight Pass