Topic: Pennington vs. Phillips

Pennington vs. Phillips

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,574  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,522
  • Post Score: 60

06.28.2016 | 9:30 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Pennington vs. Phillips. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

06.28.2016 | 9:31 PM ET

Prediction: correct Pennington   correct Decision  

Similar fighters.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  31,978  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,972
  • Post Score: 195

06.29.2016 | 1:14 AM ET

Weird step down for Pennington after her last two fights although the Correia fight was very close...

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

06.29.2016 | 5:54 AM ET

Getting Phillips after beating Andrade and Betche seems a bit rough. I guess with such a slim division and this being one of those cards you want to be on for exposure it sort of makes sense.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Mahippal
Mahippal
  • Predictions:  602  |  60.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8
  • Post Score: -25

08.12.2016 | 3:06 PM ET

Pennington has been given a showcase fight.
Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

08.12.2016 | 11:12 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Phillips   wrong Decision  

Phillips getting no respect here. 

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  31,978  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,972
  • Post Score: 195

08.13.2016 | 9:36 AM ET

Philips fights once a year these days and was close to getting submitted by Jessamyn Duke for the second time in her last fight, what's the point of giving her respect?

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

lldowntoearthll
lldowntoearthll
  • Predictions:  3,926  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,375
  • Post Score: 39

08.17.2016 | 11:43 AM ET

phillips isn't very good, she almost lost to duke, and raquel at least has decent tools everywhere.
junior john
junior john
  • Predictions:  105  |  58.1%
  • Forum Posts:  12
  • Post Score: -67

08.18.2016 | 7:22 PM ET

decision penn boring fight

"never trust anything that bleed's 7 days str8 and doesnt die !"

Detroit Superstar
Detroit Superstar
  • Predictions:  11,385  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,331
  • Post Score: 161

08.19.2016 | 10:25 PM ET

Prediction: correct Pennington   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

Pennington's last fight against Correia could've gone the way of Correia. Close fight but irrc I thought Pennington would win convincingly but that was far from convincing. With that said Pennington is a lot better than her record indicates at 7-5 and I don't see her having much trouble with Phillips who is also coming off an in injury. Pennington has improved night and day since her stint on TUF. Her only 2 losses were to Holm via Split Decision and Andrade via Split Decision as well. She was able to redeem her loss and great fashion against Andrade finishing her via Sub. With all that said Pennington is a bit underrated IMO and has been in there with a lot better competition. I expect her to either shut Phillips out in route to a 30-27 win or a Sub mid-fight and I'm personally taking her to win by Sub and set herself up with a quality next fight. Also kind of a step backwards to winning over a once Title contender Correia and now Phillips. Rocky P. is one of the more confident picks on this card for myself.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Why Michael Chandler believes he could 'absolutely outclass' Conor McGregor at UFC 303
  • Bad Left Hook : Lopez vs Leo in the works for Aug. 10
  • Bad Left Hook : Luis Alberto Lopez vs Angelo Leo in the works for Aug. 10
  • Middle Easy : Michael Chandler Opens Up About Doubting Himself After Being Inactive For Too Long, Reveals Gameplan Against Conor McGregor
  • MMAFighting.com : Heck of a Morning: Who should Max Holloway fight next after spectacular UFC 300 knockout?
  • MMA Junkie : PFL's Derek Anderson shares graphic injury photo after alleged hit-and-run, out of Cedric Doumbe fight
  • UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | What’s Next For Jamahal Hill, Boxer Anthony Sims Jr. Talks What UFC Gets Right
  • MMAFighting.com : Derek Anderson out of Cedric Doumbe fight after suffering gruesome foot injury
  • Bad Left Hook : Billam-Smith vs Riakporhe rematch official for June 15 in London
  • MMA Junkie : Chael Sonnen rejects Daniel Cormier's idea of Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler for UFC 165-pound title
  • MMAFighting.com : Sean Strickland’s head coach explains what he could’ve done better vs. Dricus du Plessis, previews Paulo Costa bout
  • Middle Easy : Justin Gaethje Reflects On His UFC 300 KO Loss To Max Holloway, ‘Ready’ For Return After 6 Months
  • MMA Mania : MMA Fighter Kicks Ring Girl, Gets Jumped By Angry Mob
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway’s point-to-the-canvas UFC 300 moment was deja vu for Ricardo Lamas
  • Jits Magazine : PGF World Season 6: Best Of Day 1
  • MMA Mania : Feet Are Not Supposed To Bend This Way
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry believes a bare-knuckle fight with Conor McGregor really could happen: ‘Conor’s a real one’
  • Jits Magazine : Midwest Finishers 18 Full Results And Review
  • MMA Junkie : Shawne Merriman launches Lights Out Sports app, touts 'milestone' for MMA promotion
  • MMA Mania : Mac’s Skills ‘Not What They Used To Be’ After Layoff