Topic: VanZant vs. Rawlings

VanZant vs. Rawlings

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,552  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,505
  • Post Score: 60

06.23.2016 | 11:39 AM ET

This is the official discussion thread for VanZant vs. Rawlings. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

06.23.2016 | 11:39 AM ET

Prediction: correct VanZant   wrong Decision  

Great fight.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

Dimitris
Dimitris
  • Predictions:  1,779  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  9
  • Post Score: 89

06.23.2016 | 11:47 AM ET

Sexy Fight!
legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

06.23.2016 | 12:16 PM ET

I get that they want PVZ to come back with a victory, but imo, they should start giving her  opponents that test her technical skill if they want to help build her and improve herself. she has already proven her heart and that she can take a hit, also that she is an agressive good brawler. but against a skilled technical opponent didnt fare to well, and got picked appart. If they keep giving her opponents that fall into her streghts she´s not going to improve much. Im not sayin  they should throw her to the wolves but bec is some steps below her, not a bad  fighter but I don´t think she´s going to test her. I would like to see her against Juliana Lima  or Michelle Waterson but I dont know if shes ready to come back. in the future It would be great to se her against a fighter like Penne, someone resistant that´s going to push back.

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

dtrain24
dtrain24
  • Predictions:  11,971  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,212
  • Post Score: 235

06.23.2016 | 1:24 PM ET

The funny thing about this fight is that Randa Markos actually asked for either Paige or Rawlings as an opponent on the UFC Vancouver card. Now those two are fighting on the card she wanted on. I wonder if this was just a funny coincidence or if this is somehow the UFC giving Markos a slap on the wrist for missing weight. 

As for this fight, it's a solid comeback for PVZ, and she'll probably beat Bec without too much trouble.

* Edited at 06.23.2016, 1:25 PM ET *

"His legacy is money. My legacy is smesh." -Khabib

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

06.24.2016 | 9:07 AM ET

They should call this fight The Beauty and the Beast
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 2 weeks, 5 days, and 18 minutes from now.
somersufc
somersufc
  • Predictions:  3,140  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  10
  • Post Score: 160

06.24.2016 | 9:16 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Rawlings   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Yea i agree with everyone on this. Easy comeback fight for Van Zant. Bec is a striker and Van Zant is a wrestler. UFC may be looking to get Van Zant back in the spotlight with a win now that she has some fans for going over to dancing with the stars.

But at the end of the day she will never improve if she does not get better on a technical stand point. 

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willingness is not enough, we must do." -Bruce Lee

Follow The Money
Follow The Money
  • Predictions:  5,951  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,031
  • Post Score: 150

08.24.2016 | 2:52 PM ET

Prediction: correct VanZant   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Paige should take this, haven't decided on the method yet.
mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

08.25.2016 | 1:00 AM ET

Please Paige, for the sake of WMMA do not lose to this ugly on the inside and outside ***** Bec.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 2 weeks, 5 days, and 18 minutes from now.
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,478  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

08.25.2016 | 8:04 AM ET

She had better win or it may be over for her.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

08.25.2016 | 2:52 PM ET

May be over for who? I don't think either one of these girls is in trouble of losing a job if they lose...

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

08.26.2016 | 2:11 AM ET

I don't think they let Paige go so fast. They've got "she's young, we're building her up" going for her. I'd also agre with them if that happens, she's way better than she should've been at this stage of her career, she's driven, got a solid following, get's better every time and has a high ceiling.

Bec on the other hand is a solid, tough, colourful, willing to be heel fighter who I'd also think twice about letting go before the division gets a bit deeper in character.

I personally am not a fan of either, but if I were Sean Shelby, I'd keep them both for now, win or lose. Bec you keep on as some sort of a gatekeeper or litmus test for potential contenders and Paige you give some more time to see if she can develop something to compliment her crazy pace, cardio and toughness, because those three attributes are a great place to start building a fighter.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

08.26.2016 | 12:13 PM ET

yeah I dont think neither of them has her job on the line, specially VZ

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

OutlawJoseyWales
OutlawJoseyWales
  • Predictions:  10,186  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,392
  • Post Score: -147

08.30.2016 | 7:23 PM ET

Prediction: correct VanZant   correct KO/TKO   correct Round 2  

my blonde baby won just like i said she would. greatest switch kick ever for the woman's division.

* Edited at 08.30.2016, 7:24 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 7 months, 1 week, 5 days, 1 hour, and 48 minutes from now.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Oliveira Thought Tsarukyan ‘Went Out’ In Late Choke Attempt
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Relive all of Conor McGregor's octagon wins in full before UFC 303 return
  • MMA Junkie : Chael Sonnen: Alex Pereira can become MMA GOAT if he wins UFC heavyweight title
  • MMA Mania : ‘Undeserving’ Harrison ‘Ran Away From Pacheco And Cyborg’
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Nate Diaz, Jorge Masvidal face off in front of rowdy Miami crowd
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC heads to Louisville for Fight Night card on June 8
  • Bad Left Hook : Zayas vs Teixeira headlines June 8 ESPN show in New York
  • MMA Junkie : Ben Askren: Jamahal Hill's ego 'put him in harm's way' vs. Alex Pereira at UFC 300
  • MMA Mania : ‘F—k It!’ PFL Steroid Gate Result Of ‘Chance To Gain Financial Stability’
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303 adds 2 more fights for Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler card
  • UFC.com : Where We Stand: Women's Strawweight Division | April 2024
  • UFC.com : All Of Conor McGregor's UFC Wins
  • MMAFighting.com : Diaz vs. Masvidal Miami press conference video
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The MMA Hour with Topuria, Chandler, Nickal, Prochazka, De La Hoya in studio, Perry, and Xiaonan now
  • MMA Junkie : Alexander Volkanovski: UFC 300 proved Max Holloway never lost it, has 'always been that good'
  • MMA Mania : Sterling ‘Was Probably Done’ With A Loss At UFC 300
  • MMA Junkie : Video replay: Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal Miami press conference
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal Miami press conference live stream (6:30 p.m. ET)
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry claims Darren Till turned down ‘over $2 million’ offer to fight him: ‘What is he doing?’ 
  • UFC.com : The Evolution Of The Third Street Savage | UFC FIGHT PASS