Topic: Top Featherweights - 145 lbs.

Pat Curran...

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Dakej
Dakej
  • Predictions:  2,722  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1,066
  • Post Score: 201

08.21.2011 | 2:07 AM ET

...Just cracked my top 10.  I'm sure he's honored.

Seriously though, awesome knockout.  I gotta stop betting against this guy.

Responses Page 3

Kalibo
Kalibo
  • Predictions:  33,130  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  16,800
  • Post Score: 185

08.21.2011 | 8:04 PM ET

I think you're right and hope you're right in the 2nd part. I love watching Sandro fight.

"All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved" – Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"

AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,850  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

08.22.2011 | 5:31 PM ET

Curran has made a fan out of me.  I was skeptical of him back when he was winning questionable decisions over Huerta and Imada.  He really came into his own in the featherweight tournament.
CashBrewyn
CashBrewyn
  • Predictions:  21,559  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  4,045
  • Post Score: 212

08.22.2011 | 5:44 PM ET

kept Sandro in my top ten but just barely..bumped Griffin out to make room for Curran but he'll probably be back with a win

"My hearts pumpin' the blood of Royce Gracie My thoughts dumpin' the slug and point straightly"

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

08.23.2011 | 7:09 AM ET

bumping griffin out is just not on! can't wait to get home and update all my rankings ha ha.

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,439  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,777
  • Post Score: 180

08.23.2011 | 12:33 PM ET

Definitely becoming harder to rank the FWs. I'm a fan of Manny but his ranking was mostly based on the KO of Brown, which is still impressive despite his last 3 fights, and when you consider the close fight with Garcia, I could definitely see his ranking becoming "softer".

But even more of a dilemna is the overall underperformance of practically everyone from JMMA: Omigawa's SD loss even if it was a bad decision (although Elkins does hold a win over Curran), Sandro's lack of dominance in Bellator, Takaya being KOed by Garcia and Cub Swanson in the WEC a couple of years ago but still splitting a pair with Fernandez who subbed Freire.

In short a cluster****.

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

mulefloyd
mulefloyd

08.23.2011 | 1:18 PM ET

They need to add Yuri Alcantara, Antonio Carvalho (holds a win over Hioki), and Alexandre Bezerra to the database because I think I'd add all 3 in favor of Kanehara, Fernandez, and possibly Warren. That doesn't even include Malegarie, Ronnie Mann, or Genair da Silva who've impressed me but until then here's my latest.

mulefloyd
mulefloyd

08.26.2011 | 10:21 AM ET

Oops. Just rereading my above post. Bibiano didn't sub Freire but Warren.

Billyl100
Billyl100
  • Predictions:  459  |  65.1%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: 67

11.06.2011 | 9:12 PM ET

pats a beast my favorite fighter and bart made it with his ko over tyson

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : ‘Not the smartest in the ring fighter’: Robert Garcia not convinced Rolando Romero will beat Isaac Cruz
  • UFC.com : Vicente Luque: Expect Fireworks
  • Middle Easy : Georges St-Pierre Believes He ‘Would Have Beat’ Khabib in Rumored Superfight, Reveals His MMA GOATs
  • UFC.com : Erin Blanchfield Is Having A Full-Circle Moment
  • MMA Junkie : ONE 168 headlined by Stamp Fairtex vs. Jing Nan Xiong dual champion bout
  • UFC.com : Manon Fiorot Has Gold On Her Mind
  • Middle Easy : Brendan Schaub Calls Conor McGregor The ‘Most Underpaid Athlete’ of All Time: ‘No One Wants to Hear This’
  • MMA Mania : Adesanya ‘Ready To Go’ For DDP Fight At UFC 305
  • MMAFighting.com : Alexander Shabliy ‘not fully sure’ Usman Nurmagomedov fight happening, still awaiting contract and terms from PFL
  • MMA Junkie : Tim Welch: Merab Dvalishvili never fought someone like Sean O'Malley, 'who can put your lights out, one punch'
  • Bad Left Hook : Juan Francisco Estrada vs Bam Rodriguez official for June 29
  • Middle Easy : Dana White Makes Promise to His Children That Infamous Wife-Slapping Incident ‘Will Never Happen Again’
  • MMA Junkie : Georges St-Pierre reveals what his strategy would have been vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Thought I Had Cancer’
  • MMA Junkie : Maycee Barber fires back at Erin Blanchfield for calling her pathetic: 'Erin fought my leftovers'
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor opens up about fighting future: 'It's to the grave'
  • Bad Left Hook : Walters turns back clock, beats Adorno in ProBox main event
  • Bad Left Hook : Nicholas Walters turns back clock, beats Joseph Adorno in ProBox main event
  • Middle Easy : Georges St-Pierre Reveals Why He Retired: ‘I Thought Maybe I Had Cancer’
  • MMA Mania : White Vows Wife Slap ‘Will Never Happen Again’