Topic: Site Features & Issues

Question to Tapology: What is the Future of Tapology's Forums?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

04.21.2016 | 3:19 AM ET

I'm making this thread, not to try and troll, but because I feel it is a necessary question to ask.  I was talking with some people who frequent this forum and we noticed that there is a lack of an aura of fun on the forum.  Sure the site itself is growing and the viewing threads are entertaining, but as far as the forum as a whole goes, it doesn't feel like it is as lively like it was when I first started posting regularly.  There isn't many forum games anymore (especially with the long hiatus to BLC).  There isn't any goofy fun threads to just post in.  A lot of the weird characters that used to create mischief are gone or banned.  It feels vacant and is making the forum part of the site feel rather dull, because we as users have nothing fun to do.

I guess my question is: what can we do to make this place more exciting and more compelling to post on?

And as an additional question: is there any new features you as mods can add that would add some interest?

"..."

Responses Page 7

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall
  • Predictions:  9,037  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  11,680
  • Post Score: 207

07.03.2019 | 6:05 PM ET

What?!!
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

07.03.2019 | 6:06 PM ET

More secret tap stuff?
Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,560
  • Post Score: 275

07.04.2019 | 10:46 AM ET

Did you have a question, @free?

"I live, I die, I live again."

tepid55
tepid55
  • Predictions:  51,964  |  75.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,338
  • Post Score: 168

07.04.2019 | 11:32 AM ET

@Gregory

When might Kickboxing/Muay Thai fights be eligible for picks?
Gregory
Gregory

07.04.2019 | 5:03 PM ET

There's no immediate plan to make those sports available. There's a lot of work that goes into it, so we're going to see how it goes with boxing for a while before adding anything else. 

ImperatorFishrat
ImperatorFishrat
  • Predictions:  7,002  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,546
  • Post Score: 236

07.04.2019 | 5:17 PM ET

@Greg I have a suggestion relating to chip games; it would be good if it were possible to create private games that were subsidized entirely by the creator. For example, I could create a game, and fund the prize pool of 150 chips or whatever, invite members and they would not need to have any chips to join. 
This user is suspended from posting until 8 years, 11 months, 2 weeks, 1 day, 16 hours, and 21 minutes from now.
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

07.04.2019 | 6:07 PM ET

It would also be good to not be allowed to challenge people to chip games if they don't have chips.
That happens alot. 
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

07.04.2019 | 6:10 PM ET

@greg I had no question I was just reading through the tapology history books/threads.

But if this is where we lodge our complaints then "I got a lot of problems with you people and now you're gonna hear about it" 

way too many pointless threads in the forum. including a couple of my own that u could happily delete.

We should put a hit out on poir420 for ending the gambling game. Wasteland wanderer knows a Bulgarian guy in Chicago...

Once along time ago when I first joined I told you I couldn't build rankings from my phone. You said
 "I'll look into that" but it's been a year greg and I still can't build rankings from my phone. I'm starting to think you didn't look into it. So why tell me u would Greg why tell me u would?

You should get more points for voting and contributing to wiki's. Contributing to the site in any way should give people more points. Stop being stingy with the points.

You soooo need a championship belt icon that stays on the ufc picking winner till the next ufc pick winner gets it. That would essentially be pointless but cool for bragging rights week to week. And a bellator belt for bellator pick winner. And so on.

There should be a memorial wall / hall of fame for all the old members gone Today

The thread organization is terrible. I literally go page by page till I find things sometimes once they drop from the home page.

I have many more complaints but overall tap is awesome. So I'll shut the **** up now.

P.s. I've been drinking since Tuesday. Pacing myself for this Saturday. The murder of Thiago Santos.

* Edited at 07.04.2019, 6:40 PM ET *

Gregory
Gregory

07.04.2019 | 7:08 PM ET

@fishrat duly noted on chip games. We've been keeping an eye on how much fantasy chip activity there's been, and it's clearly growing! so we will for sure be looking to expand the universe of how that works.

@free:

- yes, makes sense about not being able to challenge an opponent with no chips to a chips game.

- the mobile rankings builder is on our issues list. not forgotten!

- for the wikis, this feature is not going to be expanded in the near term. it just hasn't been popular enough and so we are putting our effort into other improvements.

- championship belt icon for being the reigning UFC champion: it's a cool idea. we have some similar ideas. hopefully we can get to some of them!

- memorial hall: ehh... i dunno....

- forum organization: yes it's a problem, but it's not totally clear what to do about it. the long term trend (on the internet, not just on tapology) is that fewer people use classic forums than they used to.  to put it into perspective, the forums represent less than 1% of the traffic on tapology.  so we will continue to try and make forum improvements, but we have to also improve the other 99% of where people are spending their time on the website, too.

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

07.04.2019 | 7:51 PM ET

@greg cool. All that makes perfect sense. I have however noticed alot of people in this forum are banned. What has caused a life ban I wonder.
Gregory
Gregory

07.04.2019 | 11:43 PM ET

I disagree @free. There are very, very few people that have had accounts banned. Probably like 10 accounts all time.  Putting aside obvious spam/bot accounts or dup accounts where someone is just screwing around.  Actual primary accounts that are banned is very uncommon.

freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

07.04.2019 | 11:52 PM ET

I was actually referencing this thread. the first three or four people are banned. Doesn't really matter  anyway.
In truth I'd give tapology an A grade overall so don't take any of my complaints seriously I'm just killing time until the next event.
dvnmiller26
dvnmiller26
  • Predictions:  1,075  |  58.6%
  • Forum Posts:  270
  • Post Score: 170

12.06.2019 | 3:14 PM ET

Bump. Glad to see this site is still alive. Got an email invite for a fantasy league and was like ****, Tapology. That used to be my jam back in 2011-2012. Is there an app? Is it any good?
freemoneyforall
freemoneyforall

12.06.2019 | 3:20 PM ET

Welcome back!

Page 7

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Karate Combat 45 live stream online: Luke Rockhold vs. Joe Schilling
  • Bad Left Hook : Haney vs Garcia: Live updates and results, 8 pm ET
  • Jits Magazine : Bianca Basilio To Face Nanami Ichikawa At ONE Fight Night 22
  • Jits Magazine : Three Invites Announced For ADCC 2024 Under 77kg Division
  • MMA Junkie : PFL signs top prospect Paul Hughes, says promotion president
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 Results: Magomed Umalatov remains unbeaten, Brendan Loughnane gets back on track with quick win
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 full results: Magomed Umalatov, Shamil Musaev keep unbeaten records intact
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney vs. Ryan Garcia: Live round-by-round updates
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia Results: Live updates of the undercard and main event
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Square Up With Yourself, Motherf—ker!
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 video: Brendan Loughnane TKOs Pedro Carvalho; stoppage sparks controversy
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 video: Shamil Musaev pulverizes Logan Storley with violent knockout blows
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Fighter’s puking causes TKO loss at Dynasty Combat Sports 91
  • MMAFighting.com : Nate Diaz walks out on final tour stop: ‘Square off with yourself motherf**ker’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 video: Gabriel Braga knocks out Justin Gonzales in first fight since father's death
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Diaz bails on final press conference with Jorge Masvidal: 'Square off with yourself, motherf*cker'
  • MMA Junkie : Paige VanZant to fight fellow OnlyFans star Elle Brooke at Misfits Boxing 15
  • MMAFighting.com : Paige VanZant fights Elle Brooke in Misfits Boxing 15 main event
  • MMA Mania : Hill Shrugs Off KO Loss, Books UFC 303 Return
  • MMA Junkie : Jamahal Hill books quick turnaround for UFC 303, faces Khalil Rountree