Topic: East vs. Harris

East vs. Harris

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,554  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,505
  • Post Score: 60

04.04.2016 | 8:24 AM ET

This is the official discussion thread for East vs. Harris. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

04.04.2016 | 8:24 AM ET

Prediction: wrong East   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 1  

East.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

unbeknownst
unbeknownst
  • Predictions:  5,020  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,679
  • Post Score: 208

04.04.2016 | 12:04 PM ET

I guess the UFC was keeping Harris around to be a showcase opponent for someone.

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

Kuma
Kuma
  • Predictions:  40,025  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,845
  • Post Score: 210

04.04.2016 | 1:01 PM ET

Prediction: correct Harris   correct KO/TKO   correct Round 1  

Idk, East looks great on paper but I think he'll have a short UFC career. Depends who they give him,nd this is maybe a good start. Harris is such an underachiever compared to his physical attributes. I think East is pretty bad though.

* Edited at 04.04.2016, 1:05 PM ET *

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,254  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,483
  • Post Score: 203

04.04.2016 | 1:49 PM ET

I think Harris smashes him. East ain't ready.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Follow The Money
Follow The Money
  • Predictions:  5,951  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,031
  • Post Score: 150

04.04.2016 | 2:58 PM ET

I agree with Mike.

What.
AtoZsportsinv
AtoZsportsinv
  • Predictions:  1,447  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  238
  • Post Score: 183

04.18.2016 | 12:14 AM ET

This has "lets prop up the new guy fight " written all over it. East 1st round KO

"Aiming to be professional sports handicapper"

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

04.19.2016 | 6:48 AM ET

I can't pick the convicted ******, not even sure why the UFC even signed this *******.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 2 weeks, 4 days, 7 hours, and 16 minutes from now.
Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

04.19.2016 | 7:09 AM ET

If I am not mistaken wasn't his brother Tyler East one of the hotter heavyweight American Prospects for a few years? But struggled with drug addiction and criminal activity and never got his life or career back together nor ever did he ever get signed to a major promotion. I remember Frank Trigg saying The East brothers were always getting into trouble, I had no idea Cody East was such a great heavyweight prospect too like Tyler was. 

As for his past issues, I'm somewhat under the opinion that you let your justice system handle peoples past crimes, I mean it's one thing if he wants to be a teacher where he's around vulnerable children all year long but there's almost zero relevance to having committed a home invasion like Ryan Ford did in regards to his MMA career or Cody Easts past **** charge. You can claim 'BUT THEY CUT PEOPLE FOR RACIST TWEETS AND **** JOKES!" but you're using that to support your claim that Cody East should not be signed, yet you found it ludicrous and overly sensitive political correctness when they cut Miguel Torres. Mike Tyson had a very patchy past, Bernard Hopkins is one of the faces of boxing and he does too, hell Mark Walhberg did some heinous **** but does that make him any less qualified to be an actor or Hopkins a boxer? How is depriving Cody East of his career and passion, his way to best provide for his young children going to teach him or others that **** is terrible and an irredeemable act?

I'm not trying to defend a ******, but "the law" is very fickle because human nature and why we do things is hardly black and white yet the law is very much so, and there's prejudices and rigs in the system we all are well aware of, and many we are not. To start feeling the need to blackball people in parts of society for past actions and crimes when they already had it settled legally becomes a very, very slippery slope. 

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

DrGlaze
DrGlaze
  • Predictions:  18,699  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  872
  • Post Score: 188

04.19.2016 | 10:33 PM ET

Prediction: wrong East   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

I thought I saw Tyler sparring Cody on a UFC promo I saw on Youtube. He also did pretty well before getting finished against Kharitonov before the finish, even though that was 2014. Hopefully he gets more active, he's still young. In my opinion, if they've both done their time and steered clear of trouble it shouldn't matter. Plus, I mean if you're going to let a person with a checkered past do anything it might as well be fighting. Just sayin'.

"I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers. -Khalil Gibran "

mikeyg
mikeyg

04.20.2016 | 5:47 AM ET

@Nomad, I personally don't care what age someone is, **** is one of those things that only a really twisted person could do to another human being and it's a massive crossed wiring in the brain chemistry that medical science needs to fix someday. At this point, things like **** can not be totally forgotten or forgiven, it's one of the very few complete major violations of autonomy and free will there are next to torture and murder. Is it possible to forgive your enemies, sure, but you should never forget their names, as JFK once said. What you said is actually a good point, if you fire people in the UFC for **** jokes or abuse scandals (like with Torres and Chope etc.) then why would you hire someone who has actually been convicted and plead guilty to ****, along with a slew of scummy offenses as well. Raping someone is a huge leap to take in the human psyche, it takes a total lack of empathy to do and I think those actually guilty should always be subject to scrutiny of recidivism as with any serious crime someone commits.

* Edited at 04.20.2016, 5:49 AM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 2 weeks, 4 days, 7 hours, and 16 minutes from now.
Follow The Money
Follow The Money
  • Predictions:  5,951  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,031
  • Post Score: 150

04.20.2016 | 7:30 PM ET

You could be **** faced and **** another completely willing **** faced chick and still get charged with **** if she plays her cards right these days.
Kuma
Kuma
  • Predictions:  40,025  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,845
  • Post Score: 210

04.20.2016 | 7:52 PM ET

Who even gives a ****,East looks great on paper but he's not even UFC caliber at all.He might get passed the imo super underachiever (for  his athletic abilities and arguably skills) but he'll only stay in the UFC if he fights the  bottom of the barrel.His record looks fantastic on paper but the guy's just not very good.Maybe he'll step it up,but he won't go far at all.

I didn't even know about his past,I just always disliked him by his interviews,but I never speak negatively about someones skills just cause I don't particularly like their personality.Even the 4-3 Brice Ritani Coe had him in all sorts of trouble and then his cardio hit a wall...in the first round lol.East will have a short UFC career unless they feed him the worst of the worst.I think Walt is too explosive for him but who knows with that guy.He's like the super poor man's HW Melvin Guillard.

mikeyg
mikeyg

04.21.2016 | 2:08 AM ET

@FollowTheMoney, that wasn't the case with East.
lldowntoearthll
lldowntoearthll
  • Predictions:  3,926  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,375
  • Post Score: 39

04.21.2016 | 3:02 PM ET

seems faster and more athletic. walt harris seems to fold when he gets hit.
shanehanke
shanehanke
  • Predictions:  12,909  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  138
  • Post Score: 91

04.22.2016 | 11:18 PM ET

Dana White is living through this guy Cody. He is tough,no question. But can he is make out Walt.

"My Love for MMA.....Is a Noble Madness."

MorePAIN
MorePAIN
  • Predictions:  4,746  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  7
  • Post Score: -157

04.23.2016 | 3:35 PM ET

Koo

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : Bill Haney gifts Ryan Garcia ‘Psychology for Dummies’ book
  • MMA Junkie : Brennan Ward nostalgic for Bellator, but ready to wreak havoc in $1 million PFL season
  • Middle Easy : Video – Drunk ‘Karen’ Tries to Pick a Fight with UFC Flyweight Star Maycee Barber
  • Middle Easy : UFC’s Bo Nickal Claps Back At Khamzat Chimaev, Vows To ‘Rag Doll’ Undefeated Star In Future Fight
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Declines Jamahal Hill’s Challenge: ‘I’d Like to Fight for the Title’
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Declines Jamahal Hill’s Challenge : ‘I’d Like to Fight for the Title’
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping explains why Sean Strickland has 'significant advantage' vs. Paulo Costa at UFC 302
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia press conference video live now
  • Middle Easy : T.J. Dillashaw Confident Jon Jones Would ‘Easily’ Outwrestle Alex Pereira in Potential Heavyweight Clash
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Haney Vs Garcia Press Conference Video!
  • MMA Junkie : Robert Whittaker: Bo Nickal has 'some work to do' before he's ready for top-10 fights
  • UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | Arman Tsarukyan & Renato Moicano Talk Wins At UFC 300
  • Middle Easy : UFC 300: Robert Whittaker Reveals Key Factors That Led To Jamahal Hill’s KO Loss vs. Alex Pereira
  • MMA Mania : Ilia Ultimatum: Defend ‘BMF’ Belt Or I Rematch Volks!
  • UFC.com : UFC Performance Institute In Mexico City Celebrates Inaugural Academy Combine
  • UFC.com : Where We Stand: Lightweight Division | April 2024
  • MMA Junkie : Arman Tsarukyan says UFC 300 judge apologized for scoring fight in Charles Oliveira's favor
  • UFC.com : Cam Smotherman’s Revenge Tour | UFC Fight Pass
  • MMAFighting.com : Jiri Prochazka wants Alex Pereira rematch as soon as possible, knows eating punches ‘will not work’
  • MMA Junkie : Robert Whittaker vs. Khamzat Chimaev: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC on ABC 6 headliner