Topic: Sterling vs. Caraway

Sterling vs. Caraway

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,574  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,523
  • Post Score: 60

03.31.2016 | 7:46 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Sterling vs. Caraway. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

03.31.2016 | 7:46 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Sterling   wrong Decision  

Sterling gets his wish.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

Osantowski
Osantowski

03.31.2016 | 8:06 PM ET

Sterling should get a shot against the Champ Cruz. He will put on a takedown and grappling clinic against a guy who continually ducks fights. He may get a TKO finish.
GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

04.05.2016 | 11:48 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Sterling   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

Why is the #4 ranked Bantamweight in the world fighting on Fight Pass?  Makes no god damn sense.  He should be on the main card.  That being said, however, can't wait to see Sterling beat the snot out of Caraway. 

"..."

Griffy
Griffy
  • Predictions:  38,656  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,503
  • Post Score: 297

04.05.2016 | 11:57 PM ET

@GreenHornet553 possibly the UFC is trying to give Sterling some more exposure with casual fans, because sooner than later he will fight for the title. It is easier to market a 135 title fight when the challenger is known to the majority of the PPV buyers.

"I think Gayffy suits you better, because you are gay." - Nomad

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

04.06.2016 | 12:00 AM ET

@Griffy  I get having him get more exposure.  But if the UFC want to give him more exposure, wouldn't it make sense to put him on the FS1 portion of the card?   I don't think many casual fans own Fight Pass.

"..."

Lilezzy
Lilezzy
  • Predictions:  1,686  |  57.7%
  • Forum Posts:  7
  • Post Score: 71

04.06.2016 | 12:03 AM ET

Fightpass

Prediction: wrong Sterling   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

I think their just trying to amp up fight pass 

"Nobody Cares Work Harder"

wilflet
wilflet
  • Predictions:  8,201  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,413
  • Post Score: 228

04.06.2016 | 5:43 AM ET

I think they want to move fightpass from "those 2 fights weve never heard of that we used to get on facebook for free" to somthing people want to watch and see some value in. If they put a fight that has name value to be maybe 4th on the main card in this case headlining fightpass more people will think of fightpass as having the good fights. I dont think anyone is going to specifically pay $10 or whatever it is for this fight, but a gradual change in perception. 
The recent austrailia card that pearson vs trujillo was meant to be headlining the fightpass prelims- that was so heavilly advertised that i thought it was a seperate fight night card that they were headlining for a while! 
and if theyre looking to push sterling into the big time in the near future this is a fight that gets his highlight real playing on every other ad break- middle of the main card gets no advertising, to the casuals those fights are a suprise until they walk out.

"Demons run when a good man goes to war."

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

04.06.2016 | 8:28 AM ET

Definitley part of the fight pass push. Weren't we asking the same question when Anderson Silva, the GOAT, was fighting on fight pass??? It's part of the natural transition to TV over the internet much like the WWE does it.

In fact, if they were to follow the model of the WWE even half way I'd subscribe. That means paying only $30 for an HD PPV as opposed to $60. WWE PPVs are free with subscription. It'd be a good way to transition.... but until they do something like that, i'll just continue to pick and choose what PPVs I want to watch rather than getting 85% of them like I used to.

richigson
richigson
  • Predictions:  5,456  |  62.7%
  • Forum Posts:  9
  • Post Score: -89

04.09.2016 | 3:57 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Sterling   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

f
Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,115  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,255
  • Post Score: 189

04.09.2016 | 4:28 PM ET

The ducking guys will get his ass kick for sure!

"Never go down without a fight"

unbeknownst
unbeknownst
  • Predictions:  5,020  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,679
  • Post Score: 208

04.09.2016 | 6:32 PM ET

The guy more focused of his GF's career than his own will get his ass kicked.

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

04.10.2016 | 12:22 AM ET

Yeah, Sterling is going to spank Mr. Tate and it'll be a beautiful smashing. Speaking of ducking, I kind of feel like not only Caraway is doing some ducking but Miesha is giving off hints that she turned down the Holly Holm rematch for an easier fight in Amanda Nunes. She said once that the UFC never offered her the fight, but later says on UFC on Fox that she didn't think Holly Holm deserved the rematch and said she "wanted her to get win before getting another shot at me" which insinuates that that option was on the table.

* Edited at 04.10.2016, 12:23 AM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 1 week, 5 days, 21 hours, and 7 minutes from now.
lldowntoearthll
lldowntoearthll
  • Predictions:  3,926  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,375
  • Post Score: 39

05.26.2016 | 12:42 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Sterling   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

sterling should be all over him as long as he's not getting overconfident.
poir420
poir420
  • Predictions:  143,346  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  18,232
  • Post Score: 245

05.27.2016 | 1:04 PM ET

Sick video of Sterling with Eric B....one of my favorite Rakim songs ever so dope!

And I hope Sterling mops the floor with Caraway, can't stand that guy.

* Edited at 05.27.2016, 1:06 PM ET *

"“All of a sudden, he was shooting for a takedown, and I’m like, ‘Oh, you’re a wrestler now? Remember, I’m the black belt in jiu-jitsu. And you’re shooting on me now? This is a wrap." - Nate Diaz"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : ‘MMA Media Hates Me,’ Ronda Rousey Reacts To Career Backlash & ‘How Happily Everybody Turned’ On UFC Star
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: It PAYS To Be King
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Reveals His ‘Crazy’ Behavior Was a Publicity Stunt Planned Months in Advance
  • MMA Mania : ‘99.9%’ Chance Edwards Vs. Muhammad 2 Happens At UFC 304
  • MMA Junkie : The 10 largest UFC attendances in history
  • MMA Mania : ‘MMA Media Hates Me, It’s Fine’
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Doubles Down On Callout For Alex Pereira Rematch At UFC 301: ‘I Think I Deserve It’
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Goes Off On Logan Paul For Child Trafficking Comments, Claims He Will ‘Destroy’ Paul In Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway's coach breaks down matchup against 'oversized bantamweight' Ilia Topuria
  • MMAFighting.com : Lyoto Machida ‘already breathing fire’ after Luke Rockhold callout, interested in Karate Combat rematch
  • MMA Mania : ‘It’s Crazy That Something Like This Is Happening At This Level’
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev's coach: 'Biggest threat' Justin Gaethje no longer in UFC title picture
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: De La Hoya talks next steps for Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: Oscar De La Hoya talks next steps for Ryan Garcia
  • MMA Mania : Double Champ Islam Next? ‘I Already Beat All These Guys’
  • MMAFighting.com : Justin Gaethje: It’ll be ‘6 months, at least, before I get back to taking shots’ after UFC 300 loss
  • MMA Junkie : Manon Fiorot open to Maycee Barber fight – but only if interim UFC flyweight title at stake
  • MMA Junkie : Arman Tsarukyan fires back at Michael Chandler: 'You are just waiting for a paycheck'
  • MMAFighting.com : Islam Makhachev not interested in Max Holloway matchup: ‘Maybe if he wins his next fight’
  • Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: How much credit does Ryan Garcia deserve for beating Devin Haney?