Topic: Cirkunov vs. Cutelaba

Cirkunov vs. Cutelaba

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,554  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,505
  • Post Score: 60

03.29.2016 | 5:00 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Cirkunov vs. Cutelaba. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

03.29.2016 | 5:00 PM ET

Prediction: correct Cirkunov   correct Submission   wrong Round 1  

Up-and-coming 205ers?!

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

DrGlaze
DrGlaze
  • Predictions:  18,699  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  872
  • Post Score: 188

03.29.2016 | 7:25 PM ET

Prediction: correct Cirkunov   correct Submission   wrong Round 2  

Good signing, and awesome fight! Glad the UFC has finally started to focus on the heavy and light heavyweight divisions.

"I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers. -Khalil Gibran "

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

03.29.2016 | 7:31 PM ET

Prediction: correct Cirkunov   wrong KO/TKO   correct Round 3  

Another great LHW prospect signing by the UFC.  Really interested in how Cutebala will do.

"..."

Osantowski
Osantowski

03.29.2016 | 8:33 PM ET

Prediction: correct Cirkunov   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Cirkunov is easily top 10 LHW. He continues his rise
Cheese32165
Cheese32165
  • Predictions:  24,530  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,058
  • Post Score: 163

03.29.2016 | 10:20 PM ET

Why is Misha Cirkunov getting another newcomer? . You just kill off another potential prospect and it doesn't progress Misha Cirkunovs career.

* Edited at 03.29.2016, 10:20 PM ET *

"Tom Breese Future Champ"

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

03.29.2016 | 10:59 PM ET

Prediction: correct Cirkunov   wrong KO/TKO   correct Round 3  

@cheese32165  Yeah, I don't understand it either, now that you mention it.  Personally, I think that they should be having someone like O'Connell or Bosse fighting Cirkunov and have someone else like Daniel Jolly or Keith Berish fight Cutebala.  To play devil's advocate,however, this may have been the only fight that they could offer to either fighter.  But I do agree that this fight does more harm than good for both fighters, and especially for Cirkunov.

"..."

DrGlaze
DrGlaze
  • Predictions:  18,699  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  872
  • Post Score: 188

03.30.2016 | 2:03 AM ET

Cirkunov definitely should be getting more of a step up at this point. Two straight finishes over newcomers deserves someone a little higher up. UFC doesn't have too many gate keepers at 205, but he should be fighting someone with a bit more experience. I would honestly like to see him fight Short Fuse if he's still at 205.

"I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers. -Khalil Gibran "

FrankdaBeast
FrankdaBeast
  • Predictions:  3,592  |  53.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: 50

06.05.2016 | 5:24 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Cutelaba   wrong  

Tx

"Never make plans... Live for the moment."

dtrain24
dtrain24
  • Predictions:  11,971  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,212
  • Post Score: 235

06.05.2016 | 5:28 PM ET

Good fight from a fan's perspective and it's nice to see them building the LHW division. But for the fighters, it's a lose-lose. They either feed Cutelaba to Cirkunov (more likely outcome) or damage Cirkunov's confidence if he loses. Very high risk-low reward fight for Cirkunov.

"His legacy is money. My legacy is smesh." -Khabib

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

06.06.2016 | 11:04 AM ET

Dtrain/GHornet you are 100% right they are two guys with great potential .. It feels similar scenario to Garbrandt vs Almeida for me ... Cirkunov is a beast though , like most Latvians I've met .. was with a Latvian guy yesterday( in Ireland), this guy lived a hunter gatherer life style in Siberia for 6 years, was conscripted to the soviet army up to and as the Soviet union was breaking up, unbelievable character and stories he had ... still trying to wrap my head around it .. moral of story ; don't f*ck with Latvians ! ( Moldovans are ferocious characters too though .. many of them)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latvians

* Edited at 06.06.2016, 11:11 AM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

dtrain24
dtrain24
  • Predictions:  11,971  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,212
  • Post Score: 235

06.06.2016 | 1:42 PM ET

@Wasteland Yeah, I agree. The key difference being that Garbrandt had actually had a few fights and some exposure, unlike Cutelaba. Almeida and Garbrandt were both rising stars in the division (more so Almeida). But as far as a lot of fans know, Cutelaba is just a new guy while Cirkunov is a highly touted prospect. It'd hurt him a lot if he can't get past him. 

"His legacy is money. My legacy is smesh." -Khabib

lldowntoearthll
lldowntoearthll
  • Predictions:  3,926  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,375
  • Post Score: 39

06.14.2016 | 1:52 PM ET

Prediction: correct Cirkunov   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

HUGE step up for cutelaba and cirkunov is a hulk. His opponents have been trash, but he's been walking through them quickly. Unless he's truly a monster like that, he's gonna get hurt.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 Results: Koreshkov vs. Umalatov
  • MMA Mania : Muhammad Goes Off On Edwards And ‘Fakest Team I’ve Ever Seen’
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia has skill set to compete with Devin Haney. Does he have mindset?
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight; Topuria responds
  • MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo: Bo Nickal needs to hold his horses, 'maybe 10 fights away from possibly becoming UFC champion'
  • MMA Mania : Frenemies? ‘I Hate To See A Fighter Lose His Confidence’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 weigh-in results: Welterweights, featherweights set in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : ‘When I Was Your Age, I Already Had Title Defenses, Buddy’
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia fight card
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Belal Muhammad Claims He ‘Hates Leon Edwards’ Guts,’ Hopes To Dethrone The Welterweight King In Manchester
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Says He’s ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, Wants Logan Paul Or Floyd Mayweather Jr In Boxing After Nate Diaz
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Suggests Herb Dean Played a Part in Jamahal Hill’s UFC 300 Loss, ‘Big’ John McCarthy Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway responds to the 'un-BMF' demands from UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Eddie Hearn says things about to get real for Ryan Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Hearn says things about to get real for Garcia
  • MMA Mania : PFL Chicago Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Relive every win of Conor McGregor’s epic UFC career
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland vs. Paulo Costa: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC 302 co-headliner
  • MMA Mania : No Foul Play! ‘The Cutman Used A Boxing Technique’
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 weigh-in video