Topic: Strickland vs. Breese

Strickland vs. Breese

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,582  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,524
  • Post Score: 60

03.29.2016 | 9:38 AM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Strickland vs. Breese. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

03.29.2016 | 9:38 AM ET

Prediction: correct Strickland   correct Decision  

American and British dopplegangers.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

unbeknownst
unbeknownst
  • Predictions:  5,020  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,679
  • Post Score: 208

03.29.2016 | 12:21 PM ET

Good step up fight for Tom Breese. He'll be fighting a solid guy who'll be fighting at near his hometown.

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

Osantowski
Osantowski

03.29.2016 | 1:24 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Breese   wrong Decision  

Good test for Breese. He'll get it done even at a reach disadvsntage. I can see him using his boxing to get to the inside, clinching and taking this to the ground and riding out ground control for three rounds. I don't think Strickland is a live dog. They're both big for the weight class but Breese is even bigger
Cheese32165
Cheese32165
  • Predictions:  24,569  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,059
  • Post Score: 163

03.29.2016 | 11:28 PM ET

WARRRRAAHHHHHHH BREESE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Tom Breese Future Champ"

Kuma
Kuma
  • Predictions:  40,025  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,845
  • Post Score: 210

03.30.2016 | 11:35 AM ET

Tom just fought a month ago and I thought he looked pretty bad vs Nakamura arguably losing as the -1200 favorite.He's very young,he should have taken a little time off to improve after his last performance.He fought a dumb fight and looked scared to let his hands go.He looked like a headcase iirc and I think they were saying he said he get's very nervous,and should work on that stuff.Or maybe i'm thinking of a different fight but I think it was that one.I wouldn't be surprised if Sean won,he's very good and always improving a ton. @Osantowski I don't see how you can say Strickland isn't a live dog here,I think he is but that's just my opinion.
Cheese32165
Cheese32165
  • Predictions:  24,569  |  64.4%
  • Forum Posts:  1,059
  • Post Score: 163

03.30.2016 | 11:39 AM ET

@Kuma 

I suddenly feel 

"Tom Breese Future Champ"

Kuma
Kuma
  • Predictions:  40,025  |  67.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,845
  • Post Score: 210

03.30.2016 | 2:01 PM ET

I take it back? :D
yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

03.30.2016 | 2:52 PM ET

I agree with @Kuma ... I don't even think Strickland's a clear underdog at that ... both are very talented wherever the fight goes, both young, long and each have their slight advantages and disadvantages.

Strickland seems to get a bit complacent in his fights, tends to look like he's happy to jab his way to wins even when in reality he's not really winning the fight while as Breese looked crazy good until his last fight where he showed holes a guy like Strikland has all the tools to expose, plus Strickland won't give Breese the length/reach advantage he's used to and I believe Strickland has faster hands.

That said, while both are young with buckets of potential, I believe Breese to be the more focused of the two. Stickland has that "Andre Fili" feel about him where he's talented but doesn't seem to completely "get it", doesn't have that fire, while as Breese is driven like a ************. I have a feeling that gives him the edge in this fight.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

larrystrickland60
larrystrickland60
  • Predictions:  3  |  100.0%
  • Forum Posts:  4
  • Post Score: 0

04.06.2016 | 4:08 PM ET

Prediction: correct Strickland   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

Im going with Strickland don't let that complacent attitude fool you that's  part of Stricklands game very head strong and determined never plays his hand very smart fighter Strickland will win third round TKO.
lldowntoearthll
lldowntoearthll
  • Predictions:  3,926  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,375
  • Post Score: 39

05.26.2016 | 12:59 PM ET

just seems to have the higher ceiling.
DewbieMonster
DewbieMonster
  • Predictions:  69  |  58.0%
  • Forum Posts:  13
  • Post Score: -162

06.03.2016 | 9:47 PM ET

I dont know much about this one- Breese won the staredown though.
Vagrant
Vagrant
  • Predictions:  5,495  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  13
  • Post Score: 92

06.04.2016 | 1:22 AM ET

Another one I have flip flopped on. I was leaning Strickland until the weight ins. Breese looks huge and is ever slowly improving up at Tristar.
Hyrm
Hyrm
  • Predictions:  6,115  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,255
  • Post Score: 189

06.04.2016 | 5:03 PM ET

yeah Breese look huge but, Thatch also look huge againts Henderson and...

"Never go down without a fight"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : Adrien Broner vs Blair Cobbs official for June 7, WBC title fight on undercard
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping says he's down for Luke Rockhold trilogy fight – with a condition
  • Middle Easy : Anthony Smith Pitches For Alex Pereira Fight, Says He ‘Would Really Step In The Fire’ With ‘Poatan’
  • Middle Easy : Khabib Nurmagomedov Threatened to ‘Rip Up’ UFC Contract to Get His Friend a Fight
  • MMA Mania : What’s The Holdup?
  • MMAFighting.com : Michael Bisping would ‘100 percent’ have trilogy fight with Luke Rockhold in Karate Combat
  • MMA Junkie : UFC on ESPN 55's Bogdan Guskov still down for Anthony Smith fight despite 'friendly sparring'
  • Middle Easy : Jose Aldo Discusses UFC 301 Return And Boxing Match With Floyd Mayweather, Backs Conor McGregor To Finish Michael Chandler
  • Middle Easy : Leon Edwards’ Coach is ’99 Percent’ Certain the Belal Muhammad Fight Will Happen at UFC 304
  • UFC.com : Ryan Spann: Consistency Builds Confidence
  • MMA Junkie : Dan Hooker claps back at Renato Moicano: 'You're the easiest money I've ever seen in my life, you chinless scumbag'
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney releases first statement since Ryan Garcia loss, Oscar De La Hoya responds
  • MMA Mania : Velasquez Headed To Trial In September
  • MMA Junkie : UFC veterans in MMA, boxing and bareknuckle action April 25-27
  • MMAFighting.com : Roundtable: Is BKFC Mike Perry one of the 10 biggest draws in combat sports?
  • MMA Mania : ‘Let’s Go, Colby!’
  • MMA Junkie : PFL MENA 1 lineup announced
  • Bad Left Hook : Predictions: Will Jose Ramirez and Vergil Ortiz Jr shine on Saturday?
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Almost Had ‘Scarface’ Vs. ‘Dominator’
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Zubaira Tukhugov reveals Khabib Nurmagomedov was ‘going to rip contract up’ if he didn’t fight at UFC 242