Topic: Cyborg vs. Smith

Justino vs. Smith

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,582  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,524
  • Post Score: 60

03.28.2016 | 5:56 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Justino vs. Smith. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

03.28.2016 | 5:56 PM ET

Prediction: correct Cyborg   correct KO/TKO   correct Round 1  

Smith has proverbial balls, but they won't help.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

unbeknownst
unbeknownst
  • Predictions:  5,020  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,679
  • Post Score: 208

03.28.2016 | 6:09 PM ET

Prediction: correct Cyborg   correct KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

I don't think Cyborg can KO Smith, unless she takes Smith's ear clean off.

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

FaceStomper
FaceStomper
  • Predictions:  4,891  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,399
  • Post Score: 224

03.28.2016 | 6:16 PM ET

I really see Cyborg trying to rush her early in the first and Smith takes it like a boss and puts her hands in the air and says "that all you got?" 

"You fight midgets" - Nate Diaz

unbeknownst
unbeknownst

03.28.2016 | 7:05 PM ET

win or lose, I could see Leslie Smith Diaz'ing Cyborg.

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

dtrain24
dtrain24
  • Predictions:  11,983  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,212
  • Post Score: 235

03.28.2016 | 7:08 PM ET

I'm excited for Cyborg's UFC debut and think she'll beat Smith pretty handily, but I have nothing but respect for her. 

"His legacy is money. My legacy is smesh." -Khabib

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

03.28.2016 | 7:34 PM ET

As much as I applaud Leslie Smith for having the gumption to face one of the most dominant women fighters in the world, Cyborg is going to beat the snot out of her and it will not be pretty.

"..."

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,326  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487

03.28.2016 | 8:17 PM ET

Leslie Smith doesn't give a ****, and I love it. She's a badass, but she is going to get massacred here. You're still cool tho, Leslie. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

03.28.2016 | 8:22 PM ET

Leslie is such a badass but her only chance is for Cyborg to gas out, and I've seen Cyborg beat the ever loving **** out of Coenen for 3 straight rounds, it's not likely going to happen. Cyborg merks her and we'll see if she gets a title shot or a #1 contender fight after that. Really hoped they'd make a 145 for her because I honestly see her beating everyone, do they make a 145 if that happens? Looking like not any time soon.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 1 week, 4 days, 5 hours, and 39 minutes from now.
unbeknownst
unbeknownst

03.28.2016 | 10:13 PM ET

I hope they don't create a one women division for a fighter that's already close to 31. Who could they sign at this point that Cyborg hasn't already faced at 145. I'm not sure if this is a one off fight (because this event is in Curitiba) and she's going back to Invicta and their 145 division; or if this is a stepping stone for her finally making 135 in the UFC.

Hard to imagine her fighting in a soccer stadium for the UFC, then going back to fighting in event halls for Invicta.  

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

03.29.2016 | 1:00 AM ET

If they had done it sooner they wouldn't have made a division for a 30 year old instead have made it for a 20 something year old. I mean, if Gina had beaten Cyborg, they would have instantly brought in women and made that 145 division, if Gina wanted to come back, they would highly consider 145. And the question remains, what if Cyborg beats everyone at 135 and doesn't want to fight at 135 anymore? then what? she just retires I guess?
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 1 week, 4 days, 5 hours, and 39 minutes from now.
yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

03.29.2016 | 5:21 AM ET

This fight worries me ... Smith is too tough to be in there with a gigantic killer. I would rather Cyborg fight someone who's her equal (who?) or someone who has quit in her.

I just hope Leslie's corner is on point if **** starts getting nasty. For some reason, throwing in the towel in MMA is considered embarrassing or just doesn't happen.

Maybe Leslie can somehow bank on Cyborg punching herself out a-la Lombard, but if she doesn't I don't want to see her getting beaten senseless for 15 minutes by a freak of nature.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

03.29.2016 | 8:00 AM ET

I feel bad for Smith.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

Osantowski
Osantowski

03.29.2016 | 8:21 AM ET

This may over very quick. Hopefully Cyborg can successfully cut to 140 lbs. at a 12/1 favorite I wouldn't wager on those ridiculous odds with someone cutting more weight than usual and facing an opponent with nothing to lose. But I feel this match up is made for cyborg to look impressive as Lealie smith left a lot to be desired facing Nakai
SlongKong
SlongKong
  • Predictions:  153  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  845
  • Post Score: 56

03.29.2016 | 10:28 AM ET

easy fight for cyborg

little to no interst in this fight. if it wasnt in the ufc everyone would call smith a "can". Glad Cyborg gets a fight in Brazil like she wanted but having people who have publicly shamed you over and over as your boss is never good.

"I'll fight any man; Any animal. If Jesus were here; I'd fight him too.- Mike Tyson; Downvote me if you want this ****"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,326  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,487

03.29.2016 | 10:42 AM ET

Anyone who knows anything about MMA wouldn't call Smith a can. Her record is deceptive as ****. I don't give her much of a shot here, but I wouldn't give majority of the WBW Top 15 much of a shot here had any of them had the 'balls' to take this fight. Smith is tough enough to make this a fight. Who knows, man. What if Cyborg gasses? Smith never stops coming forward. This fight is interesting to me, and I'll accept it. Smith has more of a shot than Rousey has both now & 3 years ago.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

03.29.2016 | 10:52 AM ET

Ohhhh. So now they want to do catch weight fights and want to accommodate Cyborg?
**** off Dana.

It is nice that now Ronda is out of the picture that the UFC wants Cyborg to fight.

* Edited at 03.29.2016, 11:16 AM ET *

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

Rhino_Rocks
Rhino_Rocks
  • Predictions:  5,420  |  62.1%
  • Forum Posts:  168
  • Post Score: 25

03.29.2016 | 11:27 AM ET

the only way smith wins is cyborg gassing going full out and not finishing her. like a magny lomband situation 

"stick and move with a little pop pop bang and you'll be fine"

unbeknownst
unbeknownst

03.29.2016 | 12:19 PM ET

@yossgold: I don't believe "throwing in the towel" by the corner is legal in MMA, like it is in boxing. Simply because the fighter can tap at anytime in any situation.

In between rounds the corner can ask the commission to stop the fight, but it's probably ultimately going to be up to the fighter if they want to go back out there again.  

SlongKong
SlongKong
  • Predictions:  153  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  845
  • Post Score: 56

03.29.2016 | 2:36 PM ET

y'all musta forgot!

throwing in the towel when Nate Diaz got KO'd by Josh Thompson. Ref was stopping it anyway but the towel was thrown. re-watch it.

and does ANYONE have ANY PROOF at all that this was offered to anyone besides Smith? you're a acting like smith was the only one that would except the fight.

"I'll fight any man; Any animal. If Jesus were here; I'd fight him too.- Mike Tyson; Downvote me if you want this ****"

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

03.29.2016 | 3:36 PM ET

around the :33 second mark

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : UFC Louisville lineup announced: Dominick Reyes vs. Dustin Jacoby, but no main event official
  • MMA Mania : Wanna Bet Someone Misses Weight? Now You Can!
  • MMA Junkie : Ronda Rousey thinks Joe Rogan, media turned on her after knockout losses: 'They're a bunch of assh*les'
  • MMAFighting.com : Curtis Blaydes: Tom Aspinall fight at UFC 304 makes sense, but I learned ‘don’t get my hopes up’
  • Middle Easy : Trial Date Set for Former UFC Heavyweight Champion Cain Velasquez in Attempted Murder Case
  • MMA Junkie : Israel Adesanya will always respect 'special fighter' Alex Pereira
  • Jits Magazine : PGF World Season 6: Day 3 Recap
  • MMAFighting.com : Shaq: Vitor Belfort knocked out person ‘talking crazy’ at bar
  • UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | Ariane Lipski, Austin Hubbard, UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez picks
  • MMA Junkie : Montana De La Rosa, Andrea Lee booked for UFC rematch in Louisville
  • MMA Mania : Cannonier Vs Imamov Headlines UFC Louisville
  • MMA Junkie : UFC's Tim Means doesn't expect to fight for long: 'I turned 40, I know my time is coming'
  • Bad Left Hook : Cieslak vs Chamberlain joins Billam-Smith vs Riakporhe 2 on June 15
  • Bad Left Hook : Michal Cieslak vs Isaac Chamberlain joins Billam-Smith vs Riakporhe 2 on June 15
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! BKFC ‘KnuckleMania 4’ Press Conference Video!
  • UFC.com : UFC Returns To Louisville For UFC Fight Night On June 8 At KFC Yum! Center
  • MMA Junkie : Tatiana Suarez campaigns for title shot vs. Zhang Weili at UFC 306: 'I get a submission 100 percent'
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302: Makhachev vs. Poirier adds key prospect bout
  • UFC.com : Gabriel Benitez: Still flying the flag
  • MMA Mania : A Special Message For Chinless Scumbags