Topic: Invicta FC 17

Invicta FC 17: Evinger vs. Schneider Announced

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

03.14.2016 | 5:14 PM ET

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

Invicta FC 17
  • Saturday 05.07.2016 at 09:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: UFC Fight Pass
  • Promotion: Invicta FC
  • Tapology Accounts: InvictaFC
  • Ownership: Invicta Fighting Championships, LLC
  • Venue: The Hangar at the OC Fair and Event Center
  • Enclosure: Cage
  • TV Announcers: TJ DeSantis, Julie Kedzie
  • Ring Announcer: Michael Vale
  • Interviews: Laura Sanko | Backstage: Laura Sanko
  • MMA Bouts: 8
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Tonya Evinger   defeats   Colleen Schneider   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Angela Hill   defeats   Livinha Souza   via Decision, Split   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Charmaine Tweet   defeats   Latoya Walker   via KO/TKO, Spinning Backfist and Punches   3:41 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Kaline Medeiros   defeats   Aline Sério   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   4:04 Round 2 of 3, 9:04 Total Bout Page
Megan Anderson   defeats   Amanda Bell   via KO/TKO, Kicks and Punches   5:00 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Christine Stanley   defeats   Shannon Sinn   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Rachael Ostovich   defeats   Ariel Beck   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Laura Howarth   defeats   Alexa Conners   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses

twspencer91
twspencer91
  • Predictions:  21,842  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  822
  • Post Score: 246

03.14.2016 | 6:25 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 8 Winners, 1 Perfect, 275 Points   |   Tied for 139th

Oh man, I love Colleen because she listens to black metal but I don't think this will end well for her. Tonya Evinger is straight up savage!

"I've been blessed with many things in this life: an arm like a damn rocket, a **** like a burmese python, and the mind of a ******* scientist."

unbeknownst
unbeknownst
  • Predictions:  5,020  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,679
  • Post Score: 208

03.14.2016 | 7:21 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 8 Winners, 2 Perfect, 300 Points   |   Tied for 95th

Relatively easy fight for Evinger. Schneider didn't have a contract Invicta prior to this fight. She's just been a replacement fighter for the promotion in her previous fights for Invicta.

Cyborg and Evinger have cleaned out their divisions. The only mega fight for Invicta can make right now is a fight between the two of them at 140lbs. I think Evinger has enough heart to make it a fight and not wilt, like all of Cyborg's opponents in Invicta, save for Marloes Coenen.

If Evinger blows by Schneider, perhaps we'll see that fight for Invicta's July 2nd card in Vegas.

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

Ghost Search
Ghost Search
  • Predictions:  55,080  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  54
  • Post Score: 76

03.15.2016 | 4:33 AM ET

Evinger needs to be in UFC

Predictions: 4 of 8 Winners, 1 Perfect, 225 Points   |   Tied for 195th

Tonya Evinger needs to be signed by the UFC already. Invicta doesn't have anyone on her level to fight against, and she is definately good enough to fight with the top level competition in the UFC. Hopefully we see her inside the UFC octagon soon. 

"LIVE AND LEARN"

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

03.15.2016 | 2:24 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 8 Winners, 2 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 12th with 5 others

Evinger has a beef with Sean Shelby for once telling her she's not good enough and doesn't want to fight for the UFC (or so she says), I'm hoping Irene Aldana looks better against her in a rematch. Banking on her not having the flu on fight week this time around making the difference but Evinger's a tough cookie.

She did get clocked by at least one decent shot int thief first fight but eventually broke Irene, hopefully a healthy Aldana looks better, takes the belt and makes the move to the UFC.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

SlongKong
SlongKong
  • Predictions:  153  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  845
  • Post Score: 56

03.15.2016 | 3:25 PM ET

So

You can't root for her because she doesn't want to fight for the ufc because they disrespected her?

"I'll fight any man; Any animal. If Jesus were here; I'd fight him too.- Mike Tyson; Downvote me if you want this ****"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,254  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,483
  • Post Score: 203

03.15.2016 | 3:56 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 8 Winners, 1 Perfect, 325 Points   |   Tied for 57th

Duuuude. Tonya will ruin her.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

03.15.2016 | 4:54 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 8 Winners, 2 Perfect, 390 Points   |   Tied for 12th with 5 others

SlongKong, seriously? That's you got from what I wrote???

I was answering Ghost Search who said the UFC should sign her by stating that it wouldn't necessarily be that easy, me rooting for Aldana has nothing to do with that.

And Mike, you're most likely right, but as long as I've got something to keep hope alive for Aldana in the rematch I'm holding on to it!

* Edited at 03.15.2016, 4:56 PM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

maccca3232
maccca3232
  • Predictions:  123  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  81
  • Post Score: 107

03.21.2016 | 5:08 AM ET

Who else could they give the title shot to?

Other 135 matchups.
1. Aldana vs Kianzad - to see who gets another chance?
2. Ladd vs Gomes - sounds like Ladd will stay at 135 but is still young.
maccca3232
maccca3232
  • Predictions:  123  |  65.9%
  • Forum Posts:  81
  • Post Score: 107

04.08.2016 | 2:53 AM ET

Top Invicta Strawweights (as per Tapology)
Souza
Grasso
Inoue
Hill
Jacobson
Eggink

*Bennett moved to Flyweight after losing title shot.

Given Grasso is out injuried I think Inoue deserves a title shot more (only 1-2 in Invicta but her loses were to Grasso and KK and is 11-4 overall with other loses coming to Hamasaki and Tomimatsu) over Hill (2-0, 4-2).

I like Hill and she had a good win last up versus Eggink but I think this is too soon. She was badly overmatched against 'Thug' and I believe that will be true of this matchup as well.

Also looking forward to seeing Megan starting a win streak.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Masvidal ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, But First...
  • Jits Magazine : ADXC 4: Ffion Davies And Morgan Black Face Each Other In The Grappling Co-Main Event
  • Jits Magazine : Stacked Tournaments Confirmed For Midwest Finishers 18
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 Results: Koreshkov vs. Umalatov
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: ‘I Decide Who, When, And Where’
  • MMA Mania : Muhammad Goes Off On Edwards And ‘Fakest Team I’ve Ever Seen’
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia has skill set to compete with Devin Haney. Does he have mindset?
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight; Topuria responds
  • MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo: Bo Nickal needs to hold his horses, 'maybe 10 fights away from possibly becoming UFC champion'
  • MMA Mania : Frenemies? ‘I Hate To See A Fighter Lose His Confidence’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 weigh-in results: Welterweights, featherweights set in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : ‘When I Was Your Age, I Already Had Title Defenses, Buddy’
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia fight card
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Belal Muhammad Claims He ‘Hates Leon Edwards’ Guts,’ Hopes To Dethrone The Welterweight King In Manchester
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Says He’s ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, Wants Logan Paul Or Floyd Mayweather Jr In Boxing After Nate Diaz
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Suggests Herb Dean Played a Part in Jamahal Hill’s UFC 300 Loss, ‘Big’ John McCarthy Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway responds to the 'un-BMF' demands from UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Eddie Hearn says things about to get real for Ryan Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Hearn says things about to get real for Garcia
  • MMA Mania : PFL Chicago Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!