Topic: Markos vs. Kowalkiewicz

Markos vs. Kowalkiewicz

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,554  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,506
  • Post Score: 60

10.08.2015 | 12:06 AM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Markos vs. Kowalkiewicz. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

10.08.2015 | 12:06 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Markos   wrong Decision  

Never see Karolina fight. Have to go with a somewhat proven commodity.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

10.08.2015 | 12:27 AM ET

Prediction: correct Kowalkiewicz   correct Decision  

Such a hard fight to pick.  Both fighters are really good.  I'm so excited for this fight.

"..."

dtrain24
dtrain24
  • Predictions:  11,971  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,212
  • Post Score: 235

10.08.2015 | 1:08 AM ET

@Griffy in response to your post in the VanZant/Calderwood thread, this should be a great fight! I'm glad Markos is finally getting back in the octagon, and I think she'll be too much for Karolina, especially now that she's training out of Tristar. 

"His legacy is money. My legacy is smesh." -Khabib

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

10.08.2015 | 8:45 AM ET

This fight!!!!!!!! Super steep debut for Karolina, Markos may be the most underrated fighter in MMA. I love Randa but am pulling for my boo (even though I have a feeling Randa beats her).

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

shot2thesac
shot2thesac
  • Predictions:  20,255  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,306
  • Post Score: 137

10.08.2015 | 9:14 AM ET

I love Randa too, she looks like a soccer mom but she's a damn good fighter, seems to be a bit more cut than she was during her TUF days.

* Edited at 10.08.2015, 9:16 AM ET *

"#KnockersSucsk -- Gaycism is wrong -- Everything is YOSSholm"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,258  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,483

10.08.2015 | 9:37 AM ET

Karolina is very good, but she is coming off two split decision wins, both of which I thought she lost, so she could be debuting under better circumstances. Randa is the most underrated fighter in the division and I think it's too much for a debut. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

HJWalker
HJWalker
  • Predictions:  3,064  |  67.6%
  • Forum Posts:  337
  • Post Score: 118

10.08.2015 | 12:24 PM ET

This is like choosing your favourite child!? How the hell am I meant to pick this!?
Hajhasi
Hajhasi
  • Predictions:  7,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  13
  • Post Score: 46

10.13.2015 | 10:50 AM ET

Markos vs Kowalkiewicz

Witam, myślę ,że Karolina Kowalkiewicz , sobie poradzi i wygra to przez poddanie :) oby tak było #WarrrKarolina !:) 
Griffy
Griffy
  • Predictions:  38,656  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,503
  • Post Score: 297

10.13.2015 | 1:25 PM ET

KK definitely has the advantage on the feet, but is lacking KO power needed to knockout Markos; with that said we have seen the type of damage Markos can take - so I doubt KK will KO Markos.. Markos has the advantage on the ground, wrestling is the biggest weakness for KK. When it comes to cardio, I would say both fighters are dead even; most of their fights go to the judges - so we may see a war of attrition here and whoever wants it more will come out victorious.

KK does push the pace more; so what I see happening is, KK letting the punches fly in Round 1, Markos is by no mean quick on the feet and at times, seems to need a round to get into the rhythm of things, so this will be KK's best opportunity to win. Round 2 and Round 3, Markos will get in close and grab onto KK, she will take this to the ground and grind her out. I am not familiar with KK's submission defence, but I think it will be enough to stop Markos' submission attempts. Something that Markos has done in everyone of her fights (be it a win or loss) is get to the full mount. So expect it here too. If KK can't get out of it, then we may have a late TKO from Markos.

With Markos' size advantage and KK's weaker ground game I am going to pick Markos via Rd 3 TKO or dec - I haven't decided yet.

However, the biggest factor going into this fight is... how much Markos has improved since joining Tristar? That we will have to wait and see.

WaRanda!

"I think Gayffy suits you better, because you are gay." - Nomad

VivaMiles
VivaMiles
  • Predictions:  1,539  |  59.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5
  • Post Score: -140

12.19.2015 | 3:31 AM ET

Takedowns and snuggling
PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  31,957  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,972
  • Post Score: 195

12.20.2015 | 3:21 PM ET

I was impressed with how Kowalkiewicz looked when she ended up on top of Randa on the ground in round 3. If she could develop her offensive wrestling more her ground game would be a strength for her I think and not an issue.

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

12.20.2015 | 4:52 PM ET

I was really impressed with Karolina here. I knew she'd have a big advantage on the feet, and I knew she had good grappling from a defensive stand-point, but I was really surprised with what she was able to do to a fighter like Randa Markos when on top.

Wonder where she goes from here. This is a big win. 

* Edited at 12.20.2015, 4:53 PM ET *

dtrain24
dtrain24
  • Predictions:  11,971  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,212
  • Post Score: 235

12.20.2015 | 4:58 PM ET

People are suggesting Thug Rose next for Karolina. Big step up, especially considering Namajunas' last fight against Paige. I favor Rose in that fight if she fights as smart as she did against PVZ. Your thoughts?

I would probably give her Tecia next. 

* Edited at 12.20.2015, 4:58 PM ET *

"His legacy is money. My legacy is smesh." -Khabib

boredoms
boredoms
  • Predictions:  47,181  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,267
  • Post Score: 236

12.20.2015 | 5:18 PM ET

I'd enjoy Jędrzejczyk vs Kowalkiewicz just for people having to pronounce those names.

"I am trained in gorilla warfare" - Stay Ready

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD

12.20.2015 | 5:27 PM ET

I legitimately would pay to see that fight tomorrow. But I think if they let Karolina fight 2-4 more times beforehand, she has a legit shot to take the belt.

joe kerr
joe kerr
  • Predictions:  241,152  |  68.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,850
  • Post Score: 267

12.20.2015 | 6:47 PM ET

No idea why so many people are trying to push the fight against Joanna on Karolina. Not only is she quite far from the title shot (only one UFC win and worthier challengers), but also there is a rather large skill difference between them. Sure, she outclassed Randa, but that was pretty obvious. If she fought Joanna the result would be the same as when the first time they fought, except under the Unified Rules it would most likely be far more brutal.

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Exclusive: Alex Perez Details Why Steve Erceg Got UFC Title Shot Over Muhammad Mokaev
  • Bad Left Hook : Terence Crawford to face Israil Madrimov for WBA title at 154
  • MMA Junkie : Photos: 2024 PFL 3 ceremonial weigh-ins, fighter faceoffs
  • MMA Junkie : MMA promotion adds bonus inspired by Max Holloway's UFC 300 knockout, and it's pretty wild
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier: Michael Chandler 'not driving the sales' in Conor McGregor fight, unlikely to get PPV points
  • Middle Easy : Jake Paul Lays Down $10 Million MMA Challenge to Nate Diaz and Jorge Masvidal: ‘I Want Either One’
  • MMA Mania : Garcia Misses Weight In Latest Circus Stunt
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney vs. Ryan Garcia weigh-in video live now
  • Bad Left Hook : Charlo invokes right to Madrimov title fight
  • Jits Magazine : Free Fight Friday: Renato Canuto vs Damon Morgan
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Diaz sued by Rodney Petersen over 2023 New Orleans street fight
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Diaz sued by 'Not Logan Paul' Rodney Petersen over 2023 New Orleans street fight
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Haney Vs Garcia Official Weigh Ins!
  • MMAFighting.com : Nate Diaz targeted in new Rodney Petersen lawsuit for New Orleans street brawl, Diaz rep responds
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Garcia badly misses weight for Devin Haney fight
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘3 pounds is nothing stop crying’: Ryan Garcia, pros react to Garcia missing weight for Devin Haney showdown
  • Bad Left Hook : Ryan Garcia misses weight, will still fight Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : ‘Half-Mexican’ Costa Is Not A ‘Dirty’ Brazilian!
  • MMAFighting.com : Olympic champ David Taylor says ‘door is open’ for move to MMA; Daniel Cormier tells him ‘stick to wrestling’
  • UFC.com : Steve Erceg Hopes To Open Some Eyes