Topic: Cejudo vs. Formiga

Cejudo vs. Formiga

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,554  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,505
  • Post Score: 60

08.17.2015 | 11:58 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Cejudo vs. Formiga. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

08.17.2015 | 11:58 PM ET

Prediction: correct Cejudo   correct Decision  

They're brining Cejudo along nicely. Another big test that he'll pass.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,888  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

08.18.2015 | 12:11 AM ET

As long as Cejudio plays it very safe, he'll pass. Formiga is nasty quick at taking the back. If Cejudo makes the wrong mistake, he'll pay for it.
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,478  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

08.18.2015 | 8:20 AM ET

Cejudo by UD.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

shot2thesac
shot2thesac
  • Predictions:  20,255  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,306
  • Post Score: 137

08.18.2015 | 9:14 AM ET

Cejudo, by unexciting wrestle-****

"#KnockersSucsk -- Gaycism is wrong -- Everything is YOSSholm"

edwinx1903
edwinx1903
  • Predictions:  1,280  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,039
  • Post Score: 245

08.18.2015 | 9:22 AM ET

Best grappler Cejudo has faced so far. Formiga is extremely talented on the ground, but I don't think he has the TDD to stop Cejudo's takedowns. He could potentially sweep Cejudo on the ground, but I don't see it happening.
PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  31,957  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,972
  • Post Score: 195

08.18.2015 | 9:23 AM ET

Would have preferred Cejudo-Benavidez since he could have lost and then had more time to develop. Cejudo can probably win this fight but if he does he'll probably get shoved into a title fight with the MM/Dodson winner and get wrecked.

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,816  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,559
  • Post Score: 275

08.18.2015 | 9:51 AM ET

It's not that Formiga can't win, sure he can, he's a solid fighter.  But this is a hand-picked opponent and test that they believe Cejudo will pass on his way to a title shot.  Formiga is only half the athlete that Cejudo is.  Cejudo will be stronger and faster and that will more likely than not carry him through.

"I live, I die, I live again."

shot2thesac
shot2thesac
  • Predictions:  20,255  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,306
  • Post Score: 137

08.18.2015 | 10:13 AM ET

The problem is that if they baby Cejudo along, he will never develop his all-around skills.  Right now, he is always in a wrestling match.  All around elite MMA fighters can usually develop a game plan for beating good, even elite wrestlers.  If he doesn't develop, the first elite fighter he meets is going to kill him.  I'm a huge Cejudo fan and was totally psyched when a wrestler of his caliber decided to go MMA.  But if he doesn't start to develop other skills, he will continue to be underwhelming.

EDIT:  Also, I could really do without his constant excuses...

* Edited at 08.18.2015, 10:14 AM ET *

"#KnockersSucsk -- Gaycism is wrong -- Everything is YOSSholm"

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

08.18.2015 | 10:46 AM ET

Cejudo hasn't even faced a top 15 Flyweight yet, and now that he is...he's facing one of the easiest stylistic matchups for him in the division. I think Cejudo will keep this standing and pitter patter another 'decision while talking about how "I haven't even had to use my wrestling in the yet UFC I'm so great" stupidly not acknowledging the fact he couldn't take Chico Camus down to save his life. It's annoying but they are buttering Cejudo up for an easy road to a title shot....expect a lot more of that from the UFC. 

Also, the rumor is Cejudo had in his contract that he would get a title shot after 2 fights at 125lbs in the UFC if he won, however they weren't pleased with his performance against Camus and thought he needed a big win so they tried to line up Benavidez and Cejudo was scared homie, so they got him an easier...much easier fight.

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

Socalryno89
Socalryno89
  • Predictions:  15,270  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  94
  • Post Score: 54

11.05.2015 | 1:26 AM ET

Prediction: correct Cejudo   wrong  

D

"For Zoey"

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,478  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

11.05.2015 | 11:49 AM ET

Another UD by Cejudo.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 Results: Koreshkov vs. Umalatov
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: ‘I Decide Who, When, And Where’
  • MMA Mania : Muhammad Goes Off On Edwards And ‘Fakest Team I’ve Ever Seen’
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia has skill set to compete with Devin Haney. Does he have mindset?
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight; Topuria responds
  • MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo: Bo Nickal needs to hold his horses, 'maybe 10 fights away from possibly becoming UFC champion'
  • MMA Mania : Frenemies? ‘I Hate To See A Fighter Lose His Confidence’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 weigh-in results: Welterweights, featherweights set in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : ‘When I Was Your Age, I Already Had Title Defenses, Buddy’
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia fight card
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Belal Muhammad Claims He ‘Hates Leon Edwards’ Guts,’ Hopes To Dethrone The Welterweight King In Manchester
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Says He’s ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, Wants Logan Paul Or Floyd Mayweather Jr In Boxing After Nate Diaz
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Suggests Herb Dean Played a Part in Jamahal Hill’s UFC 300 Loss, ‘Big’ John McCarthy Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway responds to the 'un-BMF' demands from UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Eddie Hearn says things about to get real for Ryan Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Hearn says things about to get real for Garcia
  • MMA Mania : PFL Chicago Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Relive every win of Conor McGregor’s epic UFC career
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland vs. Paulo Costa: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC 302 co-headliner
  • MMA Mania : No Foul Play! ‘The Cutman Used A Boxing Technique’