Topic: Rousey vs. Tate III

Rousey vs. Tate III

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,582  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,524
  • Post Score: 60

08.02.2015 | 9:30 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Rousey vs. Tate III. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

08.02.2015 | 9:30 PM ET

Prediction: Rousey  |  Submission  |  Round 1

Rumored co-main for UFC 195 on Dec. 5 from Dana White. Early in the works and could end up on January 2.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

08.03.2015 | 6:51 AM ET

Same result as the last two fights.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

boredoms
boredoms
  • Predictions:  47,181  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,267
  • Post Score: 236

08.03.2015 | 7:04 AM ET

Maybe they'll pretend that the first fight didn't happen because it was outside the UFC.

"I am trained in gorilla warfare" - Stay Ready

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

08.03.2015 | 7:27 AM ET

Prediction: Rousey  |  Submission  |  Round 2

They're most likely going to overplay the fact that Miesha's the only one that's left the first round with Ronda and maybe show her knockdown of Jessica Eye 30,000,000 times to make us think that her striking's improved.

The fact remains that improved or not, neither Miesha nor Ronda have good striking. Ronda's got better power and hand speed but her ring craft is awful and all that nice technique she displays on pads shoots out the window once she's in a real fight and Meisha's striking, though a tad better, is still awful, meaning this fight will go to the ground and Ronda will submit her. My guess, no later than the second round this time.

* Edited at 08.03.2015, 7:28 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

08.03.2015 | 7:30 PM ET

When Ronda is finishing fighters in a matter of seconds and there has been only 1 woman up to now to not only get out of the 1st but get it to the 3rd round I think that's noteworthy. I don't think Miesha beats Ronda but I do believe Miesha is the 2nd best 135er on the planet and gives Ronda an actual challenge. And like Ronda said at the post fight presser there is no element of surprise advantage that she benefits from against Miesha. This will be a good fight that Ronda will win just not as easily as her others.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

08.03.2015 | 7:44 PM ET

If they're going to keep having female fights I'd like to see the UFC add at least 2 more weight classes: dwarf, and midget, respectively.

More technical striking than the Rousey vs. Bethe fight? Check. I mean, hate if you want, but midgets bring war. If you're against this you're prejudiced, so tread carefully.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 3 weeks, 3 days, 19 hours, and 25 minutes from now.
unbeknownst
unbeknownst
  • Predictions:  5,020  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,679
  • Post Score: 208

08.03.2015 | 8:02 PM ET

Liz Carmouche has been Ronda's toughest challenge to date. Go re-watch the fights if you don't believe me.

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

dtrain24
dtrain24
  • Predictions:  11,983  |  65.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3,212
  • Post Score: 235

08.03.2015 | 8:08 PM ET

You're right, but Rousey would probably murder Carmouche now. She just rapidly gets better every fight it almost seems.

"His legacy is money. My legacy is smesh." -Khabib

p4pgoat
p4pgoat

08.03.2015 | 9:06 PM ET

Liz was the closest to winning (although Miesha buckled Ronda's knees but couldn't follow up) but I don't think Liz is/was her toughest challenge. Even Ronda said that as much as she dislikes Miesha and hates to admit it she has been the toughest fight in her career. 

unbeknownst
unbeknownst
  • Predictions:  5,020  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,679
  • Post Score: 208

08.03.2015 | 10:04 PM ET

Ronda is just saying that to promote a 3rd fight between the two. She mistakenly toyed with Miesha for 2+rounds instead of putting her away in the 1st like she does every other time.

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones

08.03.2015 | 10:07 PM ET

Nah, I actually believe her. I'm pretty sure most of the chicks Rousey fights are beat before the fight begins.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 3 weeks, 3 days, 19 hours, and 25 minutes from now.
p4pgoat
p4pgoat

08.03.2015 | 10:10 PM ET

That second fight didn't look like she was toying with her but fair enough if that's your perception of it. Ronda actually made that comment before the 3rd fight was ever a thought. I'm just saying looking at the women's BW division Miesha is Ronda's biggest challenge. That doesn't mean Miesha wins, it just means she has a better chance of scoring the upset then any of the other women. 

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones

08.03.2015 | 10:15 PM ET

Rousey doesn't really have to promote fights. I don't think anyone is buying PPVs with Rousey fights on them with the expectation of a good fight. I think they're buying them to watch her embarrass *******. Rousey could do this at press obligations if she replaced the responses with "ARMBAR"

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

08.03.2015 | 10:46 PM ET

Tate is as interesting a fight for Ronda as anyone outside of Cyborg, so I'm fine with this. If you're the top contender, you're the top contender. Tate keeps winning all non-Ronda bouts; she's the Faber of Women's Bantamweight.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

SoccerKick
SoccerKick
  • Predictions:  32,055  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  13,504
  • Post Score: 186

08.03.2015 | 10:50 PM ET

When someone finally beats Ronda it will be the biggest upset in MMA history 

"I'm too old to be run by the fears of dumb people "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

08.03.2015 | 11:25 PM ET

Which one has more numbers 

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

Last_stand
Last_stand
  • Predictions:  305  |  58.4%
  • Forum Posts:  87
  • Post Score: 86

08.04.2015 | 8:09 AM ET

If Miesha has a better camp that tells her to not go for the take down, unlike the last time, I think she could ride into championship rounds. Really enjoyed their second fight, and I think she had the advantage on the feet in that one- then she would rush in and clinch, ultimately leading to her demise. It was so frustrating to watch because I really think she has the best chance at winning- slim though it may be.

* Edited at 08.04.2015, 8:09 AM ET *

"A man should be able to govern himself, based on whatever concept he sees fit."

MMAsamurai8
MMAsamurai8
  • Predictions:  1,206  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  152
  • Post Score: 50

08.04.2015 | 8:31 AM ET

yeah miesha has looked pretty good on the fight lately compared to then, if she could stay back and work a jab like she did against rin nakai she could do prett good. id have to say ronda wins though of course, im just not sure by what method

"Be water my freind"

MMAsamurai8
MMAsamurai8
  • Predictions:  1,206  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  152
  • Post Score: 50

08.04.2015 | 8:40 AM ET

I think a nasty striker will be the hardest fight for ronda though more so than miesha or any of the others. even holly holm does a great job of staying back and using very technical striking. I could definitely see ronda running into a big front kick there. and of course cyborg, I think the same way ronda fought bethe with cyborg on the other side is a disaster... but I guess ronda gets my vote until she loses

"Be water my freind"

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

08.04.2015 | 9:23 AM ET

I don't think that trying to one-punch Ronda is the answer. Holly may be the answer but more due to the fact that she has great footwork and knows how to use her striking to maintain distance, not because Ronda could "run into a kick".

Theoretically, if there is a ***** in Ronda's armor, it's peppering her from a distance and punishing and moving when she bull-rushes in. Miesha did that a bit in their second fight, but every time she had some sort of momentum she had to resort to grappling with Ronda because her striking just isn't good enough to keep Ronda off her, so she figured, if she's the one to initiate the grappling, she knows how to hold top position against any chick on the planet and she'll win. Ronda's just too good a grappler for that.

Holly, on the other hand, the thing that made her first UFC fights "boring" and unimpressive are exactly what I see can be the only gameplan against Ronda. Keep her off you with footwork, jabs, sidekicks, etc and see how she deals with it. She may have something else in her, she may go full Carla Esparza and not have anything else to offer. If they keep trying to catch her with something before she gets her down, we'll never know.

Of course, what Holly can do if/when Ronda does clinch with her remains a mystery. Holly's a great athlete and she's got belief and a winner's mentality and is also pretty strong, but Ronda is a freak.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings
  • MMA Junkie : Former UFC champion Cain Velasquez gets trial date in attempted murder case
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Love Dana White. There’s No Issues’