Topic: José Aldo

José Aldo Threatening Lawsuits

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

07.22.2015 | 11:56 AM ET

(I recently earned some hate for a controversial stance on Aldo. In this particular case, I'm in his court.)

Link

Sonnen actually isn't the first source I've heard this from. Rumors have been circulating for about two weeks in the more quiet corners of the MMA Internet that Aldo and Co. may be threatening lawsuits. 

A week ago, it actually sounded as though he was firmly moving forward with litigation. These comments lead me to believe he's threatening litigation but that no action will follow. 

Who knows if it's true?

But it sort of makes sense given Dana's recent 180 on the whole Aldo rib situation at the UFC 189 post-fight presser. He (as usual) blamed the MMA media for inflating and twisting his comments, when he quite clearly accused Aldo of lying about the severity of the injury. 

Thoughts?

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

José Aldo "Junior"

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Given Name: José Aldo da Silva Oliveira Junior
  • Pro MMA Record: 31-8-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: Junior
  • Current Streak: 1 Loss
  • Last Fight: August 20, 2022 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Bantamweight | Last Weigh-In: 136.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: Nova União
  • Height: 5'7" (170cm) | Reach: 70.0" (178cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $2,879,125 USD
  • Born: Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil
  • Fighting out of: Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,476  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,786
  • Post Score: 180

07.22.2015 | 12:34 PM ET

It seems to me that Aldo is paving the way to never have to fight Conor. That was my first thought when I heard this headline. 

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

07.22.2015 | 12:35 PM ET

With the whole Burt Watson and now Stitch situations unfolding. Im leaning farther and farther toward the UFC are *******s camp. I used to think it was just crybaby fighters that were not good enough to hack it like Fitch and Quarry. but now they are steam rolling anyone that gets in the way of them making fists full of money. Aldo doesnt have the money to waste to take on the corporate machine so I dont see this going anywhere. I would like him to go see a couple legit doctors and have them give their opinion on the injury instead of just some Brazilian (possibly biased) doctor.

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

skelliher
skelliher

07.22.2015 | 12:42 PM ET

Personally, I think it's coming time for Dana to step aside as the public figurehead of the company. He should still be involved behind the scenes, but where his bullhead tactics and PR style worked five years ago, it's doing them no favors in recent years. 

OutlawJoseyWales
OutlawJoseyWales
  • Predictions:  10,186  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,392
  • Post Score: -147

07.22.2015 | 12:50 PM ET

i think Aldo wants the "Very" big payday. i do think he will lose though but make it to the 4th round.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 7 months, 1 week, 3 days, 19 hours, and 40 minutes from now.
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,478  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

07.22.2015 | 1:06 PM ET

Outlaw, you think that he will be outstruck?

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

OutlawJoseyWales
OutlawJoseyWales

07.22.2015 | 1:13 PM ET

I think McGregor's legs are quite a bit longer and he will use them for body blows and slow Aldo down. so 4th round tko. No way he won't fight him. its probably  a 2.5 million to 5 million dollar payday for him. i heard something about Cowboy stadium too. that's 100,000 seats.

* Edited at 07.22.2015, 1:14 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 7 months, 1 week, 3 days, 19 hours, and 40 minutes from now.
dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  20,805  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

07.22.2015 | 1:26 PM ET

Everybody who thinks Aldo is trying to duck McGregor with this got **** for brains. Why would a guy like Aldo who fought everybody in his division, a P4P great who dominated everybody for years, a ice cold *****...Why would a guy like this all of a sudden start ducking the guy that gets him the biggest payday of his career??? Just think for one ******* second, guess it's not that easy with a turd instead of a brain tho...

Doesn't surprise me one bit that mulefloyd is one of these guys I just adressed btw.

Anyways, Dana is human trash and he is ****ting on his fighters for years when they don't do what he wants. Not on Aldo tho. Jose is also the only champ who had the balls to speak up on this disgusting Reebok deal. I respect Aldo for that and it would be cool to see someone steping up to Dana and shutting his ******* ***** mouth but don't know if he could win this in court...

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

skelliher
skelliher

07.22.2015 | 1:28 PM ET

Ya, of all the relevant points to make on this topic, Aldo isn't ducking anyone. He stands to make more money in the McGregor fight than in all the other fights of his career combined. That's me spitballing, but I think it's true.

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,476  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,786
  • Post Score: 180

07.22.2015 | 3:25 PM ET

Never said Aldo was ducking anyone just said the 1st thing that occured to me when I heard this headline. Absolutely doesn't make sense to threaten your bosses with lawsuits if you want that big payday. Between this and the Pederneiras retirement talk I'm just losing confidence that the fight will happen which is my main concern as a fan. The payday does give me a little more hope. 

* Edited at 07.22.2015, 7:10 PM ET *

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

joking_joe
joking_joe
  • Predictions:  6,589  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  945
  • Post Score: 393

07.22.2015 | 3:33 PM ET

1) Aldo ducking McGregor? LMFAO.

2) As @skelliher wrote a couple comments above, Dana White needs to step aside from the UFC.

3) The UFC/Reebok deal needs to be reviewed urgently.

4) Now is perfect time to form a fighters union.
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

07.22.2015 | 4:19 PM ET

I agree with The Legend on Aldo not wanting to duck anyone.

trevpicks
trevpicks
  • Predictions:  81,833  |  56.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,853
  • Post Score: 222

07.22.2015 | 10:52 PM ET

People so worried about fighters pay and ****, mind your bussiness and worry about your **** pay, reebok gear looks great, dana white is great entertainment and combat sports do not have unions. Enjoy the fights the fighters have agents family and friends dont ****** worry how they pay rent.
Lopati
Lopati
  • Predictions:  18,574  |  61.4%
  • Forum Posts:  13,352
  • Post Score: 179

12.21.2016 | 2:22 PM ET

Someone explain this

aldo vs edgar is 14th greatest FW fight ever and 97th greatest fight ever. 

Aldo vs mendez is 21st greatest FW fight ever and 53rd greatest fight ever. 

How the **** is a lower ranked FW fight ahead of a higher ranked FW fight on the greatest fights ever ranking. 

"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it." Jose Ortega y Gasset

vazio
vazio
  • Predictions:  17,505  |  63.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,205
  • Post Score: 225

12.23.2016 | 12:58 AM ET

Aldo said in an interview to Esporte Espetacular which will be aired on December 25 that he will make the move to lightweight. 

"I was going to fight on February 11, at my usual weight, featherweight, but my opponent said he was having lots of issues with it and couldn't make it, so we were looking for a fight at lightweight, to fight for an interim belt, but their ranked #1 didn't agree with the fight. We're looking for an opponent. If everything goes as planned, March 3 or 4 I will be fighting for an interim lightweight belt, which would put me next to a fight for the actual belt against Conor, which is my biggest goal nowadays."

Source (in portuguese)

* Edited at 12.23.2016, 1:01 AM ET *

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

12.23.2016 | 3:00 AM ET

I have a feeling he's being used by the UFC to get Tony to sign without asking for more money. Tony said he's taking the fight with Khabib, but not for peanuts, Khabib is helping him out by saying he'll only fight Tony and the UFC are offering Aldo a fight to they can wave his name in front of Tony's face.

I'm pretty sure once they get Tony down to where they want him Aldo's going to get nixed.

Khabib prefers the Ferguson fight because that's the one he feels needs to happen, is the real decider on who's the real #1 contender in the division and the one the fans want. If Tony agrees to fight for something the UFC are willing th pay (which I expect him to do), I doubt they'll try and force Aldo on Khabib anyway.

Shame the UFC have so little respect for a guy like Aldo who's a real legend of the sport and still in his prime, but that's just how they are.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

12.23.2016 | 3:02 AM ET

This whole situation is ********, the whole cancellation of 208 was ********, Aldo wanting to go up to 155 is more ******ation. This whole division is so ****** along with the 155 division, they might as well scrap belts at this point since they clearly don't give a **** about their prestige anymore.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 18 hours, and 10 minutes from now.
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

12.23.2016 | 7:03 AM ET

The UFC has really been messing up we 145 and 155 lately by avoiding certain matches for Conor's sake.

StreamFan68
StreamFan68
  • Predictions:  1,730  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  193
  • Post Score: -66

12.23.2016 | 4:42 PM ET

@rappinpapsoda

Now Dana's using the "Nate Diaz is a 170 pounder" excuse..LOL... Said they never should have done those fights... Well if they were such a dumb idea then why did you do a 2nd?  Its called cherry pickin and hes doing it out in the open now... So I  suppose that ends that entire discussion about a possible Woodley/McGregor clash eventually..that ends any discussions of Conor going up and trying for more belts?... Dana is a KNOBB.. they REALLY need this Ali Act to pass... so they could end all this BS there doing.. Dana isnt even hiding it anymore.. As far as hes concerned their are 3 people in the UFC.... Conor McGregor...Ronda Rousey...and him...and thats about it... I am getting to where I can not stand Dana...

"“And tell Dana I said get off Conor’s nuts”....(Nate Diaz) "

OutlawJoseyWales
OutlawJoseyWales

12.23.2016 | 5:41 PM ET

Super Tom brady Can fix any Lawsuit that comes the UFC way.

Get rid of Baldy  (DW)

get rid of Aldo if he keeps complaining. they just gave him back his belt and he did not have to fight for it.   - _ =

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 Results: Koreshkov vs. Umalatov
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: ‘I Decide Who, When, And Where’
  • MMA Mania : Muhammad Goes Off On Edwards And ‘Fakest Team I’ve Ever Seen’
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia has skill set to compete with Devin Haney. Does he have mindset?
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight; Topuria responds
  • MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo: Bo Nickal needs to hold his horses, 'maybe 10 fights away from possibly becoming UFC champion'
  • MMA Mania : Frenemies? ‘I Hate To See A Fighter Lose His Confidence’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 weigh-in results: Welterweights, featherweights set in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : ‘When I Was Your Age, I Already Had Title Defenses, Buddy’
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia fight card
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Belal Muhammad Claims He ‘Hates Leon Edwards’ Guts,’ Hopes To Dethrone The Welterweight King In Manchester
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Says He’s ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, Wants Logan Paul Or Floyd Mayweather Jr In Boxing After Nate Diaz
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Suggests Herb Dean Played a Part in Jamahal Hill’s UFC 300 Loss, ‘Big’ John McCarthy Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway responds to the 'un-BMF' demands from UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Eddie Hearn says things about to get real for Ryan Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Hearn says things about to get real for Garcia
  • MMA Mania : PFL Chicago Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Relive every win of Conor McGregor’s epic UFC career
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland vs. Paulo Costa: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC 302 co-headliner
  • MMA Mania : No Foul Play! ‘The Cutman Used A Boxing Technique’