Tapology Forums

Jose Aldo: A Tarnished Legacy

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

dreamtect
dreamtect
  • Predictions:  70  |  55.7%
  • Forum Posts:  16
  • Post Score: 113

07.19.2015 | 12:32 PM ET

http://lastwordonsports.com/2015/07/18/jose-aldo-a-tarnished-legacy/

Definitely seems to be making all the wrong moves, now he's saying he will ignore the IV ban

Responses

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

07.19.2015 | 12:38 PM ET

I kind think the IV ban comments are funny. I'm actually completely torn on where I fall in that debate. I don't consider IV's and saline a PED, but I understand the argument against them. 

As for dodging the drug test in Brazil, or sorta dodging it, he's been at the top of my list of suspected steroid abusers for years. He's a brilliant fighter, but I think he's had some help from the needle. 

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

07.19.2015 | 1:07 PM ET

Just curious, what makes Aldo seem like a juicer?

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,473  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

07.19.2015 | 1:10 PM ET

Aldo's legacy is being sabotaged by Dana more than anything. Dana is so enamored with McGregor that he's been burying Aldo on live TV all because of an injury. To make it worse Dana is calling Aldo a liar and saying his ribs aren't broken, claiming multiple doctors reported it not being broken yet there's no evidence from him, just his word which means **** all.

As for the drug test, Aldo's team had every right to report the tester for not going through proper procedure. I wouldn't trust my career in the hands of some guy that can't identify himself either. Other than that I will never understand fans infatuation with who is and isn't using PEDs, too many of them are just into MMA for drama, it's not about the fights anymore.

TL;DR, **** Dana and fans.

"Just curious, what makes Aldo seem like a juicer?"
He thinks everyone is on the juice except GSP and Rory for whatever reason.

* Edited at 07.19.2015, 1:11 PM ET *

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

MMAsamurai8
MMAsamurai8
  • Predictions:  1,206  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  152
  • Post Score: 50

07.19.2015 | 1:33 PM ET

you don't understand why people care about who is and is not on PEDs? jesus christ

"Be water my freind"

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle

07.19.2015 | 2:33 PM ET

No I don't, give me a good reason why I, as a fan, should care. I understand why the athletes themselves care but I don't get why fans care so much. This goes for every sport.

* Edited at 07.19.2015, 2:34 PM ET *

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

07.19.2015 | 3:32 PM ET

There are a multitude of reasons as to why a fan may care, whether you care or not is a different matter. No one cares what you think.

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

Legz
Legz
  • Predictions:  21,595  |  78.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3,169
  • Post Score: 261

07.19.2015 | 3:36 PM ET

Nomad is right. While we're at it let's delete the forum.

"This is Shooto!"

Nomad
Nomad

07.19.2015 | 3:54 PM ET

Wait, I want to pick Legz now. He's the new Inspektor Voss. 

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle

07.19.2015 | 4:29 PM ET

Please list these multitude of reasons in alphabetically descending order. Also you cared enough to reply =)

curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

07.19.2015 | 4:34 PM ET

Ill start

Reason #69: Maybe they have a Nickle Allergy and the needle will make them all bumpy and itchy.

Ill let someone else handle 1-68

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

Nomad
Nomad

07.19.2015 | 4:39 PM ET

Are you asking because you yourself genuinely cannot think of a rational reason a fan may be bothered with fighters taking PEDs?

Or are you just trying to have a battle of wits with the Nomad?

Either way, you are stupid and lose. 

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

07.19.2015 | 5:01 PM ET

If a fighter chests, then the fan would have an interest on who is doing that.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

Legz
Legz

07.19.2015 | 5:17 PM ET

What if the fans don't care about PEDs? Break that one down for me Quadros.

"This is Shooto!"

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle

07.19.2015 | 5:41 PM ET

Still waiting on any reasons, rational or irrational

"If a fighter chests, then the fan would have an interest on who is doing that."

I agree, we have the right to know if a fighter chests. The people want barrel chests not Telligman chest. I want everyone's bench press numbers on the Tale of the Tape.

* Edited at 07.19.2015, 5:42 PM ET *

joe kerr
joe kerr
  • Predictions:  241,957  |  68.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,850
  • Post Score: 267

07.19.2015 | 6:11 PM ET

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

skelliher
skelliher

07.19.2015 | 6:20 PM ET

Let's just see what he looks like in December compared to past fights. 

The Brazilian regional scene is the most roided in a sport riddled with PEDs. Aldo carries a ton of muscle for a guy with his frame, so he's never looked natural to me. And that whole testing situation was completely ridiculous; it was a circus. 

Legz
Legz

07.19.2015 | 6:24 PM ET

You have proof skelliher or you just talking out your ass again because I have some inside info that Mongolia roids far more.

"This is Shooto!"

skelliher
skelliher

07.19.2015 | 6:42 PM ET

You guys seem to think I'm making some big controversial statement by saying Brazil regional MMA has a PED problem. 

MMA in general has a PED problem, I just think Brazil's is bad. I'm sure Mongolia and China is as well. 

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/2/6/7992097/brazilian-mma-promoters-are-trying-to-clean-up-the-sport-but-still

Solid insight into the regional scene, and I've spent years (not recently) training in gyms. Brazilians, in my experience, have less of a problem with PEDs in general. My old BJJ instructor used to use them, which I was sorta shocked to learn, and said they're not really considered an issue there. 

Take it or leave it. That's what I think. Doesn't bother me that people disagree, but go right ahead and keep thinking guys like Jacare and Aldo are clean when Anderson Silva wasn't.

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/jose-aldo-defends-anderson-silvas-ped-usage

Aldo literally said he has no issue with Anderson Silva using PEDs because he's not in his prime anymore. He's made countless statements along the same lines. He does not consider it cheating. But yeah, I'm sure that's just what he thinks about everyone else; he has no problem with others using roids, but he never would...

That whole Aldo testing situation in June was a circus. It has now been confirmed that Aldo and his management confirmed the agent as a representative of the NAC, and still felt the need to call the authorities. Anyways, just, like, my opinion, bro. Not sure why it upsets people. 

He also is saying this week that he plans to ignore USADA rules on IV bans ... not PEDs, as I said above, but commonly used to mask blood doping.

I have no prove he uses, but I think he uses. If you don't, that's fine by me. Maybe history will prove one of us correct. 

* Edited at 07.19.2015, 6:49 PM ET *

UnderdogMan
UnderdogMan
  • Predictions:  7,583  |  37.0%
  • Forum Posts:  89
  • Post Score: 506

07.19.2015 | 6:50 PM ET

I actually was training at Wai Kru a few days ago and John Howard told me that the amateur kickboxing scene in Boston is one of the most steroid abusive scenes in the entire word. Everyone says that it's obvious John Howard knows about steroids so I took his word. We started talking about Tapology and he said some interesting things about it.

The Boston police department talks about it's corruption and links to fighting gyms:

http://thebostonmarathonbombings.weebly.com/police-corruption-drug-gangs-steroids-and-fighting-gyms-who-really-had-a-motive-to-kill-the-waltham-three-part-2.html

So how's that wicked Boston Diet going?

* Edited at 07.19.2015, 6:50 PM ET *

skelliher
skelliher

07.19.2015 | 6:51 PM ET

Ya I know a good amount about Howard ... let's just say you can trust what he says about PEDs. He's well-versed in them.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : ‘Let’s Go, Colby!’
  • MMA Junkie : PFL MENA 1 lineup announced
  • Bad Left Hook : Predictions: Will Jose Ramirez and Vergil Ortiz Jr shine on Saturday?
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Almost Had ‘Scarface’ Vs. ‘Dominator’
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Zubaira Tukhugov reveals Khabib Nurmagomedov was ‘going to rip contract up’ if he didn’t fight at UFC 242
  • MMA Mania : Meet PFL’s Latest Flyweight Signing, Melissa Balic!
  • Jits Magazine : Elijah Dorsey To Challenge Max Hanson For Welterweight Title At Enigma Invitational 15
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner