Topic: Johnson vs. Dariush

Johnson vs. Dariush

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,582  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,524
  • Post Score: 60

06.05.2015 | 1:58 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Johnson vs. Dariush. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

06.05.2015 | 1:58 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Johnson   wrong Decision  

Excellent fight and big step up for Beneil. After dominating Jim Miller, I think he's ready, but Johnson's footwork has been spot-on and I think he lands the cleaner shots.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

06.05.2015 | 2:07 PM ET

Prediction: correct Dariush   correct Decision  

Dariuuuussh!

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,326  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,484
  • Post Score: 203

06.05.2015 | 3:49 PM ET

Love this fight. Dariush has legitimate potential to go in there and beat Michael Johnson, stealing all his thunder in the process. I like it.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

06.13.2015 | 1:32 PM ET

Prediction: correct Dariush   wrong Submission   wrong Round 3  

Heart over mind pick here ... I have a feeling MJ will frustrate Benny with speed but I'm trying to will Benny into pulling a late sub off. If Benny gets a hold on him it'll be fun, but MJ's not easy to get down and hold there.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

foley4ever87
foley4ever87
  • Predictions:  7,048  |  60.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,092
  • Post Score: 86

06.16.2015 | 4:04 PM ET

Both guys are really talented Johnson can maybe get the edge on Dariush with his explosiveness but Dariush seemed like he was coming into his own with his last fight.

" Stephen Quadros: "How long have you had that mustache?" Don Frye: "Since I was 5. I got it from my mom's side of the family. She's not a pretty woman.""

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

08.07.2015 | 6:42 PM ET

Prediction: correct Dariush   wrong Submission   wrong Round 2  

Only 32% picking Dariush Wow, kinda getting overlooked, Johnson's getting tapped for the 7th time
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 1 week, 5 days, 1 hour, and 12 minutes from now.
amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

08.07.2015 | 10:12 PM ET

Dariush will continue to prove people wrong. I'm more impressed with this guy every time I watch him. 
Follow The Money
Follow The Money
  • Predictions:  5,951  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,031
  • Post Score: 150

08.07.2015 | 10:58 PM ET

Haha ^ those two posts say the same thing.  Yet one is getting up voted whike the other is getting downvoted.
mikeyg
mikeyg

08.08.2015 | 2:17 AM ET

Yeah, I don't get it, the whole voting system is flawed anyway. It's biased and really a popularity contest or a way for someone hated to get down-voted, look at the poster OutlawJoseyWales, he constantly gets down-voted even for innocuous posts. If anything, there should only be an up-voting system to show who's posts really get consistently liked without the down-voting ********, kind of like how MMAplayground works.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 1 week, 5 days, 1 hour, and 12 minutes from now.
CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

08.08.2015 | 3:34 AM ET

JoseyWales is a terrible example. He's a ******* moronic psychopath.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 3 weeks, 3 days, 21 hours, and 16 minutes from now.
mikeyg
mikeyg

08.08.2015 | 7:45 AM ET

Way to add nothing. How about Bill Burgess then (RIP) or myself, hated for boisterous or controversial opinions and down-voted for nearly everything, even innocuous opinions that people agree with. And your up-voted post is a perfect example of a high school popularity contest, don't add to the topic but hate on someone who's already hated, way to go. I've seen plenty of JoseyWales posts that are fine, and every post of his is down-voted to ****. The down-voting system is garbage.
yossgold
yossgold

08.08.2015 | 7:51 AM ET

I upvoted Cthulhu and I hate him ...

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

mikeyg
mikeyg

08.08.2015 | 7:52 AM ET

Cool, I don't hate anyone here and I get down-voted all the time for points they agree with.

I've had problem with cthulu too but that doesn't negate my points at all.

* Edited at 08.08.2015, 7:53 AM ET *

mikeyg
mikeyg

08.08.2015 | 8:00 AM ET

Anyway, back on topic, how likely is this fight to hit the floor? I think it's pretty likely.
yossgold
yossgold

08.08.2015 | 8:07 AM ET

I was joking and your points are valid ;)

I think Benny is going to get this at some point to the ground ... I usually wouldn't worry about that in a Michael Johnson fight, he's improved so much at getting back up and making the TD very hard to get, but in Benny's case, he's on a different level ... he's in Gunni/Maia territory as far as I'm concerned, so even guys with good ground games are going to get caught ... I just think that in Johnson's case it's gonna take a while.

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

08.08.2015 | 8:16 AM ET

I think it's relatively unlikely to stay on the floor for more than a few seconds. Johnson is great at using distance to his advantage, he's quicker and uses better combinations than Dariush. Johnson is pretty cat light, hard to get a hold of and hard to hit. It's hard to gauge Johnson, he's won some really good fights though...Ferguson, Castillo, Lauzon, Barboza yet he's also got caught in a submission by all sorts of guys, none of which he was supposed to lose to. 

Dariush is slower, but has more power...especially in his kicks, I think he will welcome fighting off his back, so I expect a kick heavy striking approach and pressure moving forward, looking to hurt, clinch and takedown Johnson if he corners him against the cage.

That said, I think Johnson will be able to circle off the cage and catch Dariush when he's on the outside of Dariush strikes. I think he will be able to keep Dariush on the end of his strikes and possibly humble Dariush with encounters whenever he tries to throw heavy kicks. I think Johnson will be completely defensive if it hits the mat and look to do nothing but either get up or get a stand-up, so I don't think it will be easy for Dariush to get the submission, I don't see Johnson being overzealous like he was vs Paul Sass...He knows Dariush is another level.

I've never picked against Dariush and I never pick a Michael Johnson fight right....But I think Johnson really has improved enough and is the better fighter. Great fight.

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

mikeyg
mikeyg

08.08.2015 | 8:31 AM ET

lol Nomad, true, I never pick a MJ fight correct either, think I'm 1-8 picking him and if I pick him he'll probably lose. ****.
mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,476  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,786
  • Post Score: 180

08.08.2015 | 10:38 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Johnson   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Wow, your post made me curious so I looked. I'm 1-5 picking Dariush and 2-8 picking Johnson. 

Since I've already made a pick and can't void it, I'm thinking of switching my pick to Johnson so Dariush will win.

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

08.08.2015 | 10:41 AM ET

Whoever downvoted me is stupid and everyone should know by now, no one knows MMA better than The Nomad.

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

yossgold
yossgold

08.08.2015 | 11:27 AM ET

I rarely pick MJ right and I haven't picke dhim to win ... I have only myself to blame for putting this dent in Dariush's career ... on the other hand he's the only one to blame for the Nijem fiasco, so we're even.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings
  • MMA Junkie : Former UFC champion Cain Velasquez gets trial date in attempted murder case
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Love Dana White. There’s No Issues’
  • MMAFighting.com : TKO CEO Ari Emanuel earned nearly $65 million in compensation in 2023, including $20 million bonus from UFC
  • Middle Easy : Marlon Vera Calls Out Ex-UFC Champion for Bantamweight Title Eliminator at MSG in November
  • MMA Junkie : Alex Perez not surprised Steve Erceg got UFC title shot, despite Muhammad Mokaev's 'tougher resume'
  • Jits Magazine : PGF World Season 6: Best Of Day 2
  • MMA Junkie : Video: 'UFC on ESPN 55: Nicolau vs. Perez' media day interviews
  • UFC.com : Best UFC Fights To Happen In Rio de Janeiro | UFC Fight Pass