Topic: Dias vs. Makashvili

Dias vs. Makashvili

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,582  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,524
  • Post Score: 60

06.01.2015 | 4:06 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Dias vs. Makashvili. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

06.01.2015 | 4:06 PM ET

Prediction: correct Dias   correct Decision  

Both guys are pretty boring, but I just haven't seen enough of Mak to back him.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

arqMehdi
arqMehdi
  • Predictions:  7,153  |  62.7%
  • Forum Posts:  36
  • Post Score: 133

06.23.2015 | 10:38 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Makashvili   wrong Decision  

So for some enigmatic reason, I'm feeling attached to this fight mainly because it's one of those fights that require a lot more research than others for a variety of reasons that include: one of the two fighters (Levan) has no free tape to discern his style, and his opponent, Dias, is a lot better than his UFC record suggests because he's pretty much only fought contenders. I think being able to pick a fight like this correctly would give me a lot of confidence. 

Starting with Levan (26), he fought Ediva (who lost two in a row) on very short notice and presumably had to fly to a foreign country half way across the world. His fight with Dias is also short notice but it's still a domestic fight and not as short notice as his fight with Ediva. Nonetheless, Levan won this fight by split decision but both Sherdog and MMAJunkie scored it 30-27 or at the worst 29-28 for Levan, the reason it was split was because Ediva was the hometown hero. He has also beat Bezerra who was a good bellator fighter and is an impressive win. 

Dias (31), has two wins and two losses in the UFC. His losses were to Lentz (thank god Oliveira kicked his aass) and Lamas, although he looked decent even in loss which is a hallmark of a good fighter. Both fighters have similar styles, but Levan has heavier hands than Dias, who is a much more technical fighter. 

To be honest, both fighters are pretty much mirror images of each other, although I think Levan's youth will carry him to a split or otherwise close decision victory. Fight is a toss up but neither fighter will have a hometown advantage and even after I wrote all this I'm still as confused as I was in the beginning. Hopefully my research can help others make a better decision than me. 

"You need to diversify yo bonds." - GZA

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  31,978  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,972
  • Post Score: 195

06.23.2015 | 10:52 PM ET

Prediction: correct Dias   correct Decision  

It's just a hard fight to pick. Dias is the more experienced one but Makashvili has already beaten Bezerra and Scott Heckman who had much more experience than him. Makashvili also seems to be a grinder, and while Dias lost to Lentz he beat Elkins, so it sort of depends where Makashvili's skill level is.

* Edited at 06.23.2015, 10:53 PM ET *

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Elijah Dorsey To Challenge Max Hanson For Welterweight Title At Enigma Invitational 15
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings