Tapology Forums

Ever gone from disliking to liking a fighter?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

05.28.2015 | 11:18 AM ET

have you ever gone from liking to disliking a fighter or vice versa?

I used to not be a fan of Bendo but he then grew on me as he would fight multiple times a year and would step up and fight instead of excuses..  I used to root agianst him every time he fought.

I used to like CC way back but then he started to annoy me the way he showed no respect in some of his Pride fight interviews.  If you watched his pre-fight interviews, you would know what I mean.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

Responses Page 2

jersey0525
jersey0525
  • Predictions:  2,766  |  60.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,536
  • Post Score: 188

05.30.2015 | 4:20 PM ET

Fighters i hated before i was educated :
Rashad Evans
Brock Lesnar
BJ Penn
Jacare

Fighters i used to like before they turned heel:
GSP
Clay Guida
Aldo
DC
Pettis

"im an OT (ORIGINAL TAPOLOGIST), I used to write for cagepages.com. NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT LEFT HAND SHOT"

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

05.30.2015 | 4:27 PM ET

How can you dislike Jacare?

When did GSP, Aldo or Pettis turn heel?

What education was required for you to learn how to like BJ Penn?

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

jersey0525
jersey0525

05.30.2015 | 4:32 PM ET

Disliked Jacare in strikeforce, who knows why...now im always telling people that Jacare is the best 185er.. 

GSP i used to love his style, until his style turned into wet blanket, then i hated it.

Aldo because i hate dynasties... **** the yankees.

Pettis... i dunno... just dont.

Bj Penn because i usually dislike athletes that hold out over money... then he came back to the UFC and it was all good.

"im an OT (ORIGINAL TAPOLOGIST), I used to write for cagepages.com. NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT LEFT HAND SHOT"

Nomad
Nomad

05.30.2015 | 4:47 PM ET

You don't like when an independent contractor does what's best in his interest? Also the best lightweights weren't even in the UFC when Penn and fought abroad, he fought better competition outside the UFC than he would have in the UFC then (did the UFC have a lightweight division then anyways?). He fought a prime Renzo and Gomi (who was ranked as one of The best) and Machida off hand. 

Support the fighters, not the billion dollar brands.

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

jersey0525
jersey0525

05.30.2015 | 4:53 PM ET

im not saying do as i do lol, it was a loooong time ago and all i cared about was watching fights.

completely understand what he did, better for him and his family, doesn't mean that i have to like it.

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

05.30.2015 | 4:58 PM ET

"What education was required for you to learn how to like BJ Penn?"

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Nomad
Nomad

05.30.2015 | 4:59 PM ET

Nah, you seem like a good guy with a nice Greek shnoz. 

jersey0525
jersey0525

05.30.2015 | 5:00 PM ET

Greek? damn, i was going for polish..

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

05.30.2015 | 8:30 PM ET

Looks closer to Semitic so Greek is close.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Jose Aldo Discusses UFC 301 Return And Boxing Match With Floyd Mayweather, Backs Conor McGregor To Finish Michael Chandler
  • Middle Easy : Leon Edwards’ Coach is ’99 Percent’ Certain the Belal Muhammad Fight Will Happen at UFC 304
  • UFC.com : Ryan Spann: Consistency Builds Confidence
  • MMA Junkie : Dan Hooker claps back at Renato Moicano: 'You're the easiest money I've ever seen in my life, you chinless scumbag'
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney releases first statement since Ryan Garcia loss, Oscar De La Hoya responds
  • MMA Mania : Velasquez Headed To Trial In September
  • MMA Junkie : UFC veterans in MMA, boxing and bareknuckle action April 25-27
  • MMAFighting.com : Roundtable: Is BKFC Mike Perry one of the 10 biggest draws in combat sports?
  • MMA Mania : ‘Let’s Go, Colby!’
  • MMA Junkie : PFL MENA 1 lineup announced
  • Bad Left Hook : Predictions: Will Jose Ramirez and Vergil Ortiz Jr shine on Saturday?
  • MMA Mania : UFC 301 Almost Had ‘Scarface’ Vs. ‘Dominator’
  • MMAFighting.com : Morning Report: Zubaira Tukhugov reveals Khabib Nurmagomedov was ‘going to rip contract up’ if he didn’t fight at UFC 242
  • MMA Mania : Meet PFL’s Latest Flyweight Signing, Melissa Balic!
  • Jits Magazine : Elijah Dorsey To Challenge Max Hanson For Welterweight Title At Enigma Invitational 15
  • Jits Magazine : ADXC 4: Abdul-Kareem Al Sewady And Amin Youb Join The Main Card In A Welterweight Bout
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris