Tapology Forums

All I have to say to this article is **** you Dana and the UFC

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

05.21.2015 | 2:31 PM ET

Bringing up other sports to defend his ridiculous screwing over of his employees, guess what Dana other sports don't pay the majority of there athlete peanuts, nor do they have them nearly as much by the balls either. Then he brings up Ronda out of cage sponsors which makes her millions. His argument is to talk about how his most dominate and quite possible the most popular fighter on his roaster as evidence that his deal not ******* over his fighters. This article is just one ******** statement after another by Dana which just insults the fans and the fighters intelligence. Does he really think people are gunna by this ********? The fact he has the nerve to publicly bash the fighters for not liking this extremely ****** deal, it like of course they don't like this deal ,you pay most of them absolute **** for money and the only way they live a nice life is with that money you just took from them.  I don't know about the rest of you but this is starting to make me turn a tad sour of the UFC.  Seem like to me that they don't give a **** about the majority of there employees and are quite willing to **** them over. They clearly don't think highly of there fans intelligence if this is the type of ******** arguments they going to use.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/5/21/8632163/morning-report-ufc-dana-white-ronda-rousey-jon-jones-joe-rogan-cormier-cerrone-mma-news

* Edited at 05.21.2015, 2:41 PM ET *

"here I come to save the day"

Responses

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

05.21.2015 | 2:35 PM ET

Aljamain Sterling hit it out of the park when posting about the Reebok deal on Sherdog. 

“The deal can work, BUT MAJOR changes need to be made,” Sterling wrote. “Tenure is not an ideal way to do it, because up-comers like myself Iaquinta, Felder, Elias, D. Ortiz, Almeida, Dariush, will get the shortest end of the stick. We’re becoming a more a familiar face but what do we get? An ‘Cool bro. Welcome to the Top 10/15. With becoming a hot commodity, you’ll earn a kick-ass $2,500/$5,000!!! GOOD FOR YOU!!’

“LOL its a freaking joke. I love how organized and how smooth the UFC is ran, but geeze man, this is just bad. I gotta try to fight more, which isn’t the worst IMO, just so I can make $2,500 more?? I feel like a big winner being ranked 6-8th in the world.”

Many fans responded to Sterling with questions, complaints and compliments, leading to his returning to address the situation further this afternoon.

“I agree with (UFC President Dana White) and what he says about all other major sports league having a unified outfit/look and not being able to have other companies on their uniform,” Sterling wrote. “My issue to counter that statement is: We are independent contractors. MMA is not a team sport on the grand scheme of things. So things are very different for us. We don’t have a union/association to speak on our behalf, we don’t have a salary pay for the year to live comfortably. We fight. We get paid. There is no in-between, no sitting out of the “game” and still collecting a paycheck, so again, our sport is very different.”

- Credit to MMAJunkie.com

The part in bold is pretty much all that needs to be said.

This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 3 weeks, 4 days, 17 hours, and 44 minutes from now.
Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

05.21.2015 | 2:40 PM ET

Bellators big chance is here. 

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

joking_joe
joking_joe
  • Predictions:  6,589  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  945
  • Post Score: 393

05.21.2015 | 4:06 PM ET

Dana really thinks the public is stupid.
legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

05.21.2015 | 4:14 PM ET

Dana learned a long time ago that he can say whatever ******** he wants, some people will believe him some won´t but he will still get his message out in the media without any accountability. so it´s easy to say whatever bul**** will serve your interest, worst case scenario you retract from it.  he has become the sleaze/****** promoter he used to critizice back when he was starting with the UFC. I guess money got the better of him.

* Edited at 05.21.2015, 4:14 PM ET *

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

05.21.2015 | 6:08 PM ET

Yes. the UFC is really making an opening for some other orgs.  It makes me wonder if this is on purpose so the UFC will not be looked at as a monopoly.

* Edited at 05.21.2015, 6:10 PM ET *

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

05.21.2015 | 9:00 PM ET

This situation won't end well, I feel.  Dana and Zuffa have been creating unnecessary conflict between them and their fighters, rather than trying to fix the problems in this deal that will financially ruin fighters.

* Edited at 05.21.2015, 10:12 PM ET *

"..."

jodybanman
jodybanman
  • Predictions:  3,332  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,707
  • Post Score: 237

05.21.2015 | 10:33 PM ET

It isn't really anyone's god given right to get free money for being on TV.   It's the UFC's medium, they could just make them wear UFC gear and pay them nothing.  

"I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it."

krazyhopz
krazyhopz
  • Predictions:  14,820  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  2,098
  • Post Score: 158

05.21.2015 | 11:01 PM ET

you had me at "**** Dana" ....I've been sayin all this **** for years.

"Everyone has a gameplan 'till they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson

ian729
ian729
  • Predictions:  24,135  |  62.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,235
  • Post Score: 259

05.22.2015 | 2:10 AM ET

"You see some of the underwear these guys wear? Guys in like SpongeBob SquarePants underwear. We need to take this thing to the next level and have them in all Reebok gear."

That moment when you realize that the Chinese government allows its citizens more freedom than the UFC does for its employees...

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

05.22.2015 | 3:38 AM ET

@jodybanman, the "UFC's medium" is worth jack **** without the fighters. If you had Jon Jones vs. Cain Velasquez on Supa Fite Leeg at the same time as Johnny Nobody vs. Isaac Anonymous on a UFC card, which one would you watch?

Dana used to say time and again, us and the fighters are business partners. He stopped saying that once he started treating his roster as a stable.

I can understand the UFC for trying to do what they do, but at least man up about it and don't call anyone who doesn't see how ****** up it is stupid. Go right out and say that the UFC's a business, the fighters are resources and they're giving the fighters as big a portion of the Reebok money as they feel they want to.

The UFC has the ability to make most of their fighters stinking rich by cutting down the roster a bit and going back to a normal amount of shows a year (I'm not talking 10-12, but 45-50 is what makes them need so many fighters on the roster). With less fighters on the roster they could've given out larger portions of the Reebok money to each fighter. But hey, if you want to have a crazy-sized roster which forces you to pay the least you possibly can to each fighter on said roster at least give them the freedom to generate their own income around it.

You want to pay a fighter who loses 3 times in a calendar year $24K (because that fighter's naturally not getting any discretionary bonuses nor OTN money) - at the very least let that dude cash in on some extra dosh which he's more than worked for (he chased the sponsors, he worked hard to become someone the UFC deemed worthy of a roster spot in the first place, he sweat and bled leading up to those fights, he paid coaching staffs and gym fees, he cut weight 3 times, he did all your media if you wanted him to). 

I mean ****, a dude ******* tans his chest for a tad extra and the UFC say "that won't happen again".

But just like everything else they've done, people will shout and scream, but until a heavy chunk of the big names or at least one or two of the superstars don't make a stand (which they won't because they're being taken care of behind the scenes with the famous "discretionary bonuses" or being setup with individual Reebok sponsorships), it's going to die down, fighters are going to get used to the new reality and the UFC will be ready to look for the next inch of the envelope they can push in their favour.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

05.22.2015 | 1:01 PM ET

@Yoss, your post is gold man. I´m so ******* happy you wrote it.

I wrote a similar post last night 3 ******* times only to be ****** over my wifi conection and quit trying to post it in a rage episode, so I´m very happy you adress the subject, you are spot on.  

@jody  what the hell do you mean by getting free money?  my guess is that you consider yourself an MMA fan, but then I ask you  do you ignore or are choosing to ignore all the training and preparation a fighter goes through before a fight? does the fighters are playing and fondling each other inside the cage?, the fighters are NOT kardashians man, they money they are getting is far from free, they made lots of sacrifices to get that money and if the UFC paid them better I don´t think most of them would mind about any  sponsors or the reebook deal, the sponsors became importat because of the small money the UFC pays them.

* Edited at 05.22.2015, 2:06 PM ET *

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

05.22.2015 | 1:06 PM ET

UFC: Policing Underwear Since 2015
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 3 weeks, 4 days, 17 hours, and 44 minutes from now.
Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

05.22.2015 | 3:50 PM ET

"The UFC has the ability to make most of their fighters stinking rich by cutting down the roster a bit and going back to a normal amount of shows a year (I'm not talking 10-12, but 45-50 is what makes them need so many fighters on the roster). With less fighters on the roster they could've given out larger portions of the Reebok money to each fighter. But hey, if you want to have a crazy-sized roster which forces you to pay the least you possibly can to each fighter on said roster at least give them the freedom to generate their own income around it."

Wouldn't cutting down the number of shows also cut how much Reebok is willing to pay a year in sponsor money. Reebok say UFC puts of 45 shows a year 12-13 ppvs 35-40 appearances on fox networks and so many appearances in the international market. Based on all that info Reebok said its worth 11 million a year. Take away half the shows and Reebok suddenly says its only worth 6 million.  So there goes that solution. How does one complain about too many shows and watered down cards and then complain fighters aren't getting their fair share because apparently you don't think those fighters belong there in the first place. Also cutting down shows means less revenue and considering UFC corperate has a static operating cost less revenue won't lead to more pay.  

Also do you really think a entry level fighter who loses 3 straight fight can command more than 2.5k a fight burried on the fight pass prelims? When he gets cut and winds up fight on Bellator or RFA prelims in a dark match making 1k+1k he would do a backflip if a sponsor offered him half of what the minimum Reebok pay is. 

Yes there are fighters that take a financial hit but there are others who are getting helped out. Most those fighters who took a hit will be able to make it up in the long run with just changing their approach to sponsorship. 

* Edited at 05.22.2015, 3:59 PM ET *

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

05.22.2015 | 4:09 PM ET

"Also do you really think a entry level fighter who loses 3 straight fight can command more than 2.5k a fight burried on the fight pass prelims?"

First of all, most of them can, mainly because "buried on the prelims" doesn't exist anymore. The prelims are streamed. So yeah, it's not main card exposure but it's far from buried.

And for the very few who can't, the only reason they can't muster up at least $2,500 is because of the UFC monster sponsors fee which is ridiculously high. I'm pretty sure that the number of guys that couldn't muster up $2,500 in sponsorship compared to the obscene amounts fighters are losing in sponsorship money doesn't even start to compare. I would go far as to say that there's a bigger chance not even one fighter on the roster is benefiting from this deal than there is that even 10% are actually getting a better deal than they did when they got their own sponsors. Given the numbers I don't see a lot of fighters getting more than they would before Reebok. The worst and most unknown fighters on the roster may be breaking even tops. Nothing that's worth ******* the rest over for.

Also, if cutting down the amount of shows would cut down the amount Reebok would be willing to pay (which I agree it would) it only shows again just how ridiculous this deal is. Reebok got a bargain price for almost 700 athletes wearing them on the biggest stage the sport has to offer without even talking to them.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Bigj383
Bigj383

05.22.2015 | 4:59 PM ET

"And for the very few who can't, the only reason they can't muster up at least $2,500 is because of the UFC monster sponsors fee which is ridiculously high. I'm pretty sure that the number of guys that couldn't muster up $2,500 in sponsorship compared to the obscene amounts fighters are losing in sponsorship money doesn't even start to compare. I would go far as to say that there's a bigger chance not even one fighter on the roster is benefiting from this deal than there is that even 10% are actually getting a better deal than they did when they got their own sponsors. Given the numbers I don't see a lot of fighters getting more than they would before Reebok. The worst and most unknown fighters on the roster may be breaking even tops. Nothing that's worth ******* the rest over for."

That monster sponsor Tax doesn't even apply to all sponsors. Actually most don't have to pay it, I've heard from tons of sponsors that don't pay it. The only ones that do have a competing brand with one of UFC's central sponsors. I strongly doubt not one fighter benefits.  You trying to tell me Joanna can't spell her last name can generate 40k in sponsors, or her future challengers? Hell I bet Jessica Penne and Carla Esparza wish this deal was in place sooner. Do you honestly think Sponsors pay big money for streaming prelims on fightpass? If you do let me laugh at you a while.  I've seen fighters with 0 sponsors on them during fights. Those losing something or scared of change will always be the loudest, and those that benefit rarely speak up especially since they will be  seen at gaining at others expense. We should be pissed at all these sponsors abandoning fighters because they can't get UFC airtime, yet we throw our vitriol towards the UFC. Those aren't real sponsors anyway and the evil UFC more than any other org has increased fighter pay 400% in 15 years and created greater opportunities for MMA fighters all over the globe allowing them to earn more money sooner and not to mention brought Women's MMA into the mainstream creating probably one of the biggest opportunities for female athletes ever. Yet they are an evil corporation that only cares about money and steps on fighters every time they get a chance. 

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  20,854  |  71.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

05.22.2015 | 6:04 PM ET

Bigj383 you really love Dana's **** huh? And you're not gonna stop sucking it even after this Reebok deal went puplic huh?

I debated fighter pay on here with you many times and you always had Dana's **** in your mouth while we were discussing things. But you can't even take it out now? Not even for a second? When it's so obvious, and I really mean OBVIOUS that the majority of fighters are getting ****** by this deal?

Take the ******* **** out of your mouth Bigj383, don't be a sucker...

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,326  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,484
  • Post Score: 203

05.22.2015 | 6:16 PM ET

Not gonna bother going through the novel that is this thread, but this Reebok deal is complete trash. The fighters are getting royally ******, and you know what, I love it. 

Why? 

Because I dig the **** out of Bellator, and they're gonna have some great additions come years-end, when a bunch of guys from the UFC really start to realize how much they are being robbed so Dana, Lorenzo and the whole crew can make more money.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Bigj383
Bigj383

05.22.2015 | 6:42 PM ET

If I can offer up a different point of view that will get people to really think and actually look deeper into the issue and see a bigger picture beyond one fighters problem then great. If the best people can do in response is call me a **** gobbler then I'm ok with it. Others will continue to parrot frases like the fighters are getting screwed without actually looking into the numbers and potential an that's fine. I'm sorry MMA is not a bigger sport and I wish there is more money in it and some day there will be but it will take steps like this to get it there. 

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  20,854  |  71.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

05.22.2015 | 6:59 PM ET

No need to discuss this topic with you any further or with real arguments Bigj383. Why would I waste my time on you again, we did this before and you obviously can't see clearly with all that **** up in your face.

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

05.22.2015 | 8:41 PM ET

Dielegende - cant you have someones **** in your mouth and still not like them? Something to think about.

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : ‘MMA Media Hates Me,’ Ronda Rousey Reacts To Career Backlash & ‘How Happily Everybody Turned’ On UFC Star
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: It PAYS To Be King
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Reveals His ‘Crazy’ Behavior Was a Publicity Stunt Planned Months in Advance
  • MMA Mania : ‘99.9%’ Chance Edwards Vs. Muhammad 2 Happens At UFC 304
  • MMA Junkie : The 10 largest UFC attendances in history
  • MMA Mania : ‘MMA Media Hates Me, It’s Fine’
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Doubles Down On Callout For Alex Pereira Rematch At UFC 301: ‘I Think I Deserve It’
  • Middle Easy : Ryan Garcia Goes Off On Logan Paul For Child Trafficking Comments, Claims He Will ‘Destroy’ Paul In Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway's coach breaks down matchup against 'oversized bantamweight' Ilia Topuria
  • MMAFighting.com : Lyoto Machida ‘already breathing fire’ after Luke Rockhold callout, interested in Karate Combat rematch
  • MMA Mania : ‘It’s Crazy That Something Like This Is Happening At This Level’
  • MMA Junkie : Islam Makhachev's coach: 'Biggest threat' Justin Gaethje no longer in UFC title picture
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: De La Hoya talks next steps for Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Whoever wants to fight Ryan, he feels comfortable at 144’: Oscar De La Hoya talks next steps for Ryan Garcia
  • MMA Mania : Double Champ Islam Next? ‘I Already Beat All These Guys’
  • MMAFighting.com : Justin Gaethje: It’ll be ‘6 months, at least, before I get back to taking shots’ after UFC 300 loss
  • MMA Junkie : Manon Fiorot open to Maycee Barber fight – but only if interim UFC flyweight title at stake
  • MMA Junkie : Arman Tsarukyan fires back at Michael Chandler: 'You are just waiting for a paycheck'
  • MMAFighting.com : Islam Makhachev not interested in Max Holloway matchup: ‘Maybe if he wins his next fight’
  • Bad Left Hook : PODCAST: How much credit does Ryan Garcia deserve for beating Devin Haney?