Topic: Best Pound-for-Pound Men

jon jones is still the best p4p in the world

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

phillip53
phillip53
  • Predictions:  45,605  |  68.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,397
  • Post Score: 305

05.04.2015 | 9:00 PM ET

a few words from a morally outraged public and dana white doesnt change that...the fact that he no longer holds the ufc belt doesnt change that...if you'll be happy watching the winner of comier/johnson strut around like they actually deserve to be champion then more power to you...they will never be the best until they beat jon jones 

"you dont need religion to have morals. if you can't tell right from wrong you lack empathy and humanity, not religion."

Responses

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

05.04.2015 | 9:04 PM ET

Pound for pound rankings are ******* dumb. - George Carlin

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,050  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,481
  • Post Score: 203

05.04.2015 | 9:07 PM ET

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

05.04.2015 | 9:12 PM ET

you are right

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

phillip53
phillip53
  • Predictions:  45,605  |  68.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,397
  • Post Score: 305

05.04.2015 | 9:25 PM ET

maybe...remove p4p and say best 205lb fighter in the world...the bottom line is the same..all champions from here on will never be the true champion

"you dont need religion to have morals. if you can't tell right from wrong you lack empathy and humanity, not religion."

slamdistraction
slamdistraction
  • Predictions:  702  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  249
  • Post Score: 117

05.04.2015 | 9:25 PM ET

Wait he didn't get worse when they took the belt?

"Beating people up is a positive thing –Tank Abbott"

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

05.04.2015 | 9:45 PM ET

My interest in the 205lb division is fleeting at best, and only exists on occasion anyways so if Jones left and never returned, it doesn't really bother me even if it does sully the division. Kind of like with Cain Velasquez always injured, who cares? Heavyweight MMA is abysmal. 185-125 is so much better.

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

boredoms
boredoms
  • Predictions:  47,181  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,267
  • Post Score: 236

05.04.2015 | 9:54 PM ET

Don't get me started on P4P rankings.

"I am trained in gorilla warfare" - Stay Ready

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

05.04.2015 | 11:04 PM ET

Not the first time a champion has been stripped of his title without losing a fight. Doesn't make Renan Barao or TJ Dillashaw undeserving champions, and it won't make DC or Rumble undeserving champs. Think of it like this, the really close title fight between Bones and Gus...say Gus got the nod in that fight, then defended his title against Manuwa, then lost it to Rumble. Rumble is making his first title defense against DC if ya look at it like that. If you skew the facts. Also my list hasn't been updated in forever so don't h8.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 6 months, 3 weeks, 12 hours, and 22 minutes from now.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : UFC Star Jack Della Maddalena Promoted To BJJ Black Belt
  • UFC.com : Dana White Announces Main Event For UFC Saudi Arabia On June 22
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Saudia Arabia fight card announced with Robert Whittaker vs. Khamzat Chimaev headliner
  • MMA Mania : Khamzat Vs Whittaker Headlines UFC Saudi Arabia
  • MMAFighting.com : Khamzat Chimaev vs. Robert Whittaker set as UFC Saudi Arabia main event, 4 more fights announced
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Sandman Sees Suga Stop The Machine
  • UFC.com : UFC And Tourism WA Announce Multiyear Deal To Bring Two Action-Packed MMA Events To Perth
  • MMA Mania : UFC Atlantic City Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • MMA Junkie : UFC free fight: Charles Oliveira rallies to light up Michael Chandler for first title win
  • MMA Mania : ‘Are We Fighting Or What?!’
  • MMA Junkie : Javier Mendez disagrees with Daniel Cormier's claim that Islam Makhachev more dangerous than Khabib Nurmagomedov
  • MMA Junkie : Cory Sandhagen: UFC champ Sean O'Malley has 'really good shot' of finishing Merab Dvalishvili
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘A win and a knockout’: Fabio Wardley prepared to put on a show against Frazer Clarke
  • MMA Mania : Eblen ‘Blows Through’ Adesanya, Reaches Strickland In MMA March Madness
  • MMA Junkie : Why UFC on ESPN 54's Vicente Luque accepted dangerous Joaquin Buckley replacement
  • MMAFighting.com : No Bets Barred: Can Manon Fiorot stop Erin Blanchfield at UFC Atlantic City? Plus, one time for Chris Weidman
  • MMA Mania : Barber: ‘Boring’ Blanchield ‘Fought My Leftovers’
  • MMAFighting.com : Dana White reflects on ugly moment striking his wife, changes he made
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Landwehr happy with UFC on ESPN 54 switch from Pat Sabatini to Jamall Emmers: 'It's better for the fans'
  • UFC.com : Hunting Runs Deep In The Swiderski Family