Tapology Forums

UFC NYC poster

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

FaceStomper
FaceStomper
  • Predictions:  4,891  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,399
  • Post Score: 224

04.21.2015 | 10:44 AM ET

This is a poster made by me of what the UFC's first trip to NYC should look like.

EDIT: Nevermind... It wouldn't load, let's talk about politics instead.

* Edited at 04.21.2015, 10:46 AM ET *

"You fight midgets" - Nate Diaz

Responses

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

04.21.2015 | 10:46 AM ET

I think a plain gray and white background with nothing on it is a bit too minimal. Tasteful though.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 4 weeks, 1 day, 23 hours, and 11 minutes from now.
Griffy
Griffy
  • Predictions:  38,656  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,503
  • Post Score: 297

04.21.2015 | 11:39 PM ET

"let's talk about politics instead."

Another Bush, or another Clinton? Go.

"I think Gayffy suits you better, because you are gay." - Nomad

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

04.21.2015 | 11:41 PM ET

If Clinton wins, then it would be the first time that two presidents have ever slept with each other. (That we know of that at least)

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

Griffy
Griffy
  • Predictions:  38,656  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,503
  • Post Score: 297

04.22.2015 | 12:01 AM ET

I wonder if Hilary is going to get some action on the side too - it is only fair.

"I think Gayffy suits you better, because you are gay." - Nomad

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

04.22.2015 | 8:15 AM ET

Clinton or Bush...

I've seen this from a few people now, and I think it's looking a bit like nepotism. If it had to be Jeb (doubtful) or Hilary, the choice there is pretty obvious. But, nobody on the bat-**** regressive crazy right will ever win anymore anyway, we've progressed too much as a country for them. 

I don't care for Hilary, I think she's a bit of a neo-con but she is pretty much a shoe in against the republican field. Unless someone good like Bernie Sanders ran and got actual media converge instead of just the two parties getting onto the ballad or into the debate, then she has a race..

* Edited at 04.22.2015, 8:24 AM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 2 weeks, 3 days, 3 hours, and 7 minutes from now.
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,478  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

04.22.2015 | 9:22 AM ET

Either is  crap.  They are just in it for themselves.  This is especially true of Clinton as she has changed her opinion to find with popular opinion.

* Edited at 04.22.2015, 9:23 AM ET *

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

hdmexiqtioner
hdmexiqtioner
  • Predictions:  9,964  |  57.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,398
  • Post Score: 283

04.22.2015 | 10:31 AM ET

I don't mind that Hilary is running, what I do mind is the fact the chance of people are voting for her not because of her qualities or experience or views on certain issues, but because she is a woman. I mean it is nice that she is, but that shouldn't be the sole reason why you should vote for that certain person.

I can see it now, if she does in fact lose, the whole feminist community will cry out it is because she is a woman and that "America is sexist and Hilary should have won." Basically ohh my person lost, which means everyone is wrong.

* Edited at 04.22.2015, 2:35 PM ET *

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Bark Twain

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

04.22.2015 | 9:02 PM ET

^To be fair, there is some truth to the idea of people voting Bush over Clinton because of her gender. 
Extreme and stupid feminists will blame it solely on sexism and that's wrong, but to completely dismiss gender biases found in the populace is also wrong.

-

With the way things are looking south of border, I'm scared of what's about to happen in the US and its impact on Canada first, and then the world. The economy is about to self-destruct as a result of Obama's 2008 bailout that only delayed the inevitable economic depression the US is about to go through (unless they figure out another way to push that off for the future), the dynamics of American society are nearly identical to those of a dystopian state, the populace's extremely conformist attitude and fixation on pop culture has given a full intellectual control of the masses to the men with the deepest pockets and terrorist organizations like ISIS have become a scapegoat and distraction for the populace, who have their attentions set on Muslims on the other side of the world instead of their own country, which desperately needs it.

Even if you dismiss everything stated in the paragraph above, a government engaging in open nepotism in the 21st century is never a good sign...let alone the government of the most powerful state in the world. (EDIT: Because of this, the United States has to be considered an oligarchy at this point.)

I wish good luck upon all Americans in their impending trials...for the rest of the world's sake.

* Edited at 04.22.2015, 9:04 PM ET *

"الله أكبرl"

zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

04.22.2015 | 10:43 PM ET

@Anik There's really no need to take into account a gender bias. In all likelihood, it will run both ways. For proof, African-Americans turned out 30% stronger for 2008 and 2012 than they have historically, and voted in an even more disproportionate amount in favor of the Democratic nominee. Don't think that won't happen with women. The biggest difference there is that women make up the majority of voters, whereas AAs made up a small portion of the population. The flip side of this is the existence of SJW culture. It's unbelievably strong.

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

Anik
Anik

04.22.2015 | 10:48 PM ET

^Good point, I failed to see the positive implications of gender bias for Hilary Clinton.

What do you mean exactly when you say that the flip side of that is the existence of SJW culture? I googled SJW up and it pointed me to 'social justice warrior', but I don't quite understand what that is (EDIT: I get what SJW is, I just don't understand the implications of its 'culture').

* Edited at 04.22.2015, 10:49 PM ET *

"الله أكبرl"

zarog
zarog

04.22.2015 | 11:20 PM ET

People will vote for Clinton because she is a woman so they can say how much they care about gender equality. I remember in '08 people saying all this crap about race equality and historical implications were the main reasons they voted for Obama (white males that were between the ages of 18 and 22 were huge culprits of this). Basically, people will vote for Clinton to make themselves feel good and feel like they were part of some major accomplishment against the establishment. I've been on college campuses a lot the last few years in, perhaps, the most Republican state in the country and I can tell you that there is a growing "feminist" (I ******* hate that term, huge rant that I'm trying to avoid right now) population that will be all about how we have to get a woman in there. The SJW thing and gender bias I mentioned previously go hand-in-hand for the youth vote; at least that's the way I see it.

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

Anik
Anik

04.23.2015 | 1:31 AM ET

Ah, that's what you meant. I agree with all of that, I'm just afraid that this site is going to sound a lot more like Reddit soon.

"الله أكبرl"

DontBeScaredHomie
DontBeScaredHomie
  • Predictions:  44,107  |  58.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,217
  • Post Score: 279

04.23.2015 | 11:08 AM ET

I will be going with a write in vote. Chael P 2016

"Ohhhhhhhh ****! Look at that door, dude. See that door there? The one marked "Pirate"? You think a pirate lives in there?"

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

04.23.2015 | 12:01 PM ET

I don't get why people blame Obama for the economic  crisis in the U.S that **** started brewing since the  Bush Sr admin, then Clinton  gave it a nice jump start just so Bush jr could **** it all up. He spent tons of money to invent and fight a war so his and his buddies companies could make some extra dough while sacrificing US and Iraqi soldiers and civilians. I find it odd that a lot of people choose to forget that and focus only on the dude trying to desperate put pieces back together as fast as possible. I'm not saying Obama has done nothing wrong but to blame it all on him is to be blind and that will lead you to make the same mistake over and over.

anyway if you are not sure about who do you want for president, please take ours, we gladly give you Peña Nieto, **** we'll pay you, just please take him.

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

shot2thesac
shot2thesac
  • Predictions:  20,255  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,306
  • Post Score: 137

04.23.2015 | 12:13 PM ET

Uh, well politics in the US are a total cluster-**** right now.  And also, there's Fux "news"

EDIT:  Had to put news in quotes...

* Edited at 04.23.2015, 12:26 PM ET *

"#KnockersSucsk -- Gaycism is wrong -- Everything is YOSSholm"

zarog
zarog

04.23.2015 | 12:49 PM ET

@Legacy Yes, Clinton was so great that he declared the Glass-Steagall Act dead and allowed for its repeal. Additionally, the idea that he ran surpluses is a ******* joke. He officially ran budget surpluses in his last years in office, but continued to increase national debt. That's weird. Seems like some odd accounting going on there. 

The economy cycles. Blaming it on a party or a President is just plain stupid. Whether good or bad, the economy is something that takes time to understand what the problems were. Obama, Bush Jr., Clinton, Bush Sr., Reagan, nor Carter should be to blame for what happened in '08. Things they did may have exacerbated or mitigated the problem, but inherently, they were not the primary contributors to the issue.

Hybrid
Hybrid
  • Predictions:  158  |  57.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,437
  • Post Score: 236

04.23.2015 | 1:09 PM ET

Zarog, help me out here because it's far from my specialty, who was the economist in the early 1900s who postulated that the economy is essentially its own being, and no matter what governments do, it'll have only very minor effects? In this election, I'm interested to see the turnout of black voters, since it seems unlikely there will be a strong black candidate. The black turnout was historic in the last elections for obvious reasons, and I'm curious to see if those numbers stay consistent now that they've participated in previous elections, or if the lack of a "relatable" candidate will bring back previous apathy.

"History boils down to a few really awesome people doing really awesome stuff, and a bunch of idiots messing it up for everyone else."

shot2thesac
shot2thesac
  • Predictions:  20,255  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  3,306
  • Post Score: 137

04.23.2015 | 1:25 PM ET

Adam Smith?  "Invisible Hand", but that was in the 1700s, so not sure...

"#KnockersSucsk -- Gaycism is wrong -- Everything is YOSSholm"

Hybrid
Hybrid
  • Predictions:  158  |  57.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,437
  • Post Score: 236

04.23.2015 | 1:30 PM ET

I may be remembering the man incorrectly, but it came roughly around the times of the depression. He built on the concepts of the Invisible Hand, but it wasn't Adam Smith himself. My professor for the period was the most dull I've had in my life, and I've never found the period interesting, so it's a huge gap in my knowledge. 

"History boils down to a few really awesome people doing really awesome stuff, and a bunch of idiots messing it up for everyone else."

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

04.23.2015 | 1:32 PM ET

@Legacy

Funny because I find this to be quite the opposite of what your saying. Most people I have spoken with tend to blame bush jr for everything and then act like Obama got the US out of war, while conveniently forgetting that all he did was move soldiers from IRaq to afghanistan. He play a smoke and mirrors trick and almost never gets call out on it. He moved tons of soldiers to a far more dangerous place and yet had millions of american's praising him for getting us out of war, when in reality he just put us into an even more dangerous war. 

"here I come to save the day"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• PFL 3 Tapology coverage is now live
  • In between bouts, waiting for next fight to begin.
  • Join the PFL 3 live discussion
  • PFL 3 features 12 MMA bouts
  • The event takes place from Wintrust Arena in Chicago, Illinois