Tapology Forums

RORY FINISHES ROBBIE

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

you know who
you know who
  • Predictions:  27,586  |  62.1%
  • Forum Posts:  25
  • Post Score: -12

04.21.2015 | 8:55 AM ET

I guess most will consider it a upset, I do not.  Those who choose the tough old vet winning over the young gun, is not getting this one right.  The first meeting decided nothing (split decision)  With the title on the line, both should be at their best this time.  Robbie wins in physical toughness, Rory wins in everything else.  Likely a sub in the championship rounds, a knock out might be there?  Oh yah that other match.  Aldo shuts up that idiot from Ireland

"legal & lethal knuckle justice, oh yah!!!!!"

Responses

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

04.21.2015 | 9:06 AM ET

Lawler > Rory when it comes to striking. That split decision that Lawler took from Rory got him a title shot, so I'd say plenty was on the line then too.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 6 months, 3 days, 17 hours, and 21 minutes from now.
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,478  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

04.21.2015 | 9:15 AM ET

i think its a toss up.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,888  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

04.21.2015 | 9:29 AM ET

It's a very close fight.  I disagree with "Robbie wins in physical toughness, Rory wins in everything else."

Robbie hits harder and has better boxing inside the pocket.  He is lighter and faster on his feet and more unpredictable compared to Rory's "by the numbers" approach.  Robbie is also better at scrambling, and at landing heavy ground and pound in unorthodox positions.  Really, any situation where the fight is more chaotic than controlled, Robbie has the advantage.  
JudokaSeth
JudokaSeth
  • Predictions:  870  |  56.9%
  • Forum Posts:  20
  • Post Score: 250

04.21.2015 | 11:03 PM ET

I think Robbie has this fight, though i'd love to see Rory win. I'm not confident on how Rory will handle Robbie's pressure for the duration of the fight. 
I think Rory has the deeper skill set and has far more methods of winning this fight, but I'm seeing Robbie winning in the standup in this fight. Plus I see Rory having a hard time taking Robbie down as Robbie's takedown defense looked good in his last fight.

"You can't catch the tiger's cub unless you dare to step into its cave"

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

04.22.2015 | 9:30 AM ET

i find Rory really annoying so i hope Robbie wins.

FaceStomper
FaceStomper
  • Predictions:  4,891  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,399
  • Post Score: 224

04.22.2015 | 10:17 AM ET

I'm pretty sure MacDonald has matured a lot as a fighter since his first bout with Robbie. Robbie was truly the better man the first time the two met. But I'm pretty sure Lawler finishes Rory in this one.

"You fight midgets" - Nate Diaz

you know who
you know who
  • Predictions:  27,586  |  62.1%
  • Forum Posts:  25
  • Post Score: -12

04.26.2015 | 10:31 AM ET

really?

You find Rory annoying huh?  Let me guess.  Is it a lack of killer instinct.  Maybe the absence of immature trash talk isn't ringing with you.  I bet you likely worship all the idiots with gigantic egos.   

"legal & lethal knuckle justice, oh yah!!!!!"

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda

04.26.2015 | 10:36 AM ET

No, it has nothing to do with that. It is when he acts ****y that he annoys me. Like his footwork dance against BJ Penn.

Follow The Money
Follow The Money
  • Predictions:  5,951  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  2,031
  • Post Score: 150

04.26.2015 | 10:53 AM ET

He's only gonna win by sub or decision.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : New video shows Max Holloway’s instant backstage reaction after legendary Justin Gaethje knockout
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Magomed By KO? Pereira ‘Doesn’t Have A Chin’
  • MMA Mania : Bellator Paris Fight Card, Rumors For Nurmagomedov vs. Shabliy
  • MMA Mania : New Title? McGregor Vs. Chandler ‘Should Be For A Belt’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 300 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media
  • MMA Junkie : Deiveson Figueiredo: 'I deserve to fight for the championship next' after UFC 300
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Should Max Holloway go back to 145 or stay at 155 after BMF title win?
  • MMA Mania : Math! Harrison Proves ‘PFL Champions Can Beat Anyone’
  • Middle Easy : Kayla Harrison Calls For Interim Title Fight with Julianna Pena at UFC 303: ‘I Will Make Myself Available’
  • MMA Junkie : Judges Gonna Judge: Did Arman Tsarukyan deserve UFC 300 nod vs. Charles Oliveira?
  • MMAFighting.com : Jorge Masvidal explains frustration dealing with ‘diva’ Nate Diaz for boxing match
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Praised Max Holloway For Making Elite Fighters “Seem Normal,” Talks Alex Pereira’s Success Without Wrestling Skills
  • Middle Easy : Sean O’Malley Reacts To Max Holloway’s “F*cking Legendary” Knockout Win At UFC 300, Thinks Holloway Should Stay At Lightweight
  • MMA Junkie : Bo Nickal explains callout of Anthony Hernandez at UFC 300: 'I want to start fighting better guys'
  • Middle Easy : Former NFL Star Chad Ochocinco Promises to ‘Thump’ Max Holloway’s Chin in Proposed Sparring Session
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway brought back sparring for UFC 300, says fighting Justin Gaethje ‘like going through the gates of hell’
  • MMA Mania : ‘Iconic’ Holloway ‘Always Been That Good’
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Reacts To Max Holloway’s ‘BMF’ KO At UFC 300, Dubs Justin Gaethje ‘Easy Fight’
  • MMA Junkie : Jiri Prochazka sets sights on another light heavyweight title shot after UFC 300
  • MMA Mania : How Coming Out Changed The Life Of Liz Carmouche