Topic: Other Combat Sports

Amateur Wrestling/ Freestyle Wrestling Thread

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

nogfan
nogfan
  • Predictions:  15,253  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,269
  • Post Score: 199

02.21.2015 | 11:02 PM ET

Seeing  how Wrestling is one of the most popular bases in MMA, i thought that it would be goof if i started a thread that  would allow for people to understand and follow the storylines and techniques at the highest level collegiate and international level competition.  I will create a Ranking system and give scouting reports of the top 10 guys at each weight class and provide updated weekly rankings every Monday. The first event i'm covering is NWCA National dual finals between Iowa and Missouri. 

* Edited at 02.22.2015, 12:29 AM ET *

Responses Page 19

mbach4307
mbach4307
  • Predictions:  934  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  887
  • Post Score: 137

02.21.2017 | 10:15 AM ET

Did anyone else see what PSU did to osu? They were the #1 ranked team in the country, got all the breaks, and still got starched. An injury default that was at least a 9 point swing. A no-call on a pin on the #1 ranked kid in the country, and PSU's guys still hammered them. I'm a Pitt guy through and through. That's my alma mater, but it's hard to ignore what PSU has done. They are building something incredible out there in state college. 

"Where are my shoes?"

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer
  • Predictions:  155,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  13,491
  • Post Score: 130

03.26.2022 | 8:26 AM ET

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

06.18.2022 | 11:55 AM ET

Future prospect? Still very early on

https://greekcitytimes.com/2022/06/16/greek-wrestler-arionas-kolitsopoulos-crowned-european-champion/

* Edited at 06.18.2022, 11:56 AM ET *

"I am the greatest blonde man in the world. I am Tru Viking." - Alexander Gustaffsson / "The world must bow to my glory. I am a God amongst mortals. They must pay me tribute in wine and concubine for my deeds." - Jon Jones "

WastelandWanderer
WastelandWanderer

06.24.2022 | 7:39 AM ET

lamarclark09
lamarclark09
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  84
  • Post Score: 80

02.17.2023 | 9:19 AM ET

There aren't a lot of freestyle wrestlers in MMA not even in America.

Page 19

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor scoffs at retirement: ‘It’s to the motherf****** grave’
  • MMA Mania : Whittaker: Chimaev Fight ‘Came Out Of Nowhere’
  • MMA Junkie : Why 2022 PFL welterweight champ Sadibou Sy moved to light heavyweight for upcoming season
  • MMAFighting.com : Robert Whittaker reacts to Khamzat Chimaev fight at UFC Saudi Arabia: ‘It’s a bit of a shock’
  • MMA Mania : GSP ‘Would Have Put Khabib Down’
  • MMAFighting.com : Logan Paul reveals he had ‘suicidal thoughts’ amid CryptoZoo scandal fallout: ‘I was spiraling’
  • UFC.com : The State Of UFC During UFC 100 And 200
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Not the smartest in the ring fighter’: Robert Garcia not convinced Rolly will beat Pitbull
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Not the smartest in the ring fighter’: Robert Garcia not convinced Rolando Romero will beat Isaac Cruz
  • MMA Mania : Prospect Watch! Say Hello To Ernesto ‘Starboy’ Rodriguez
  • UFC.com : Vicente Luque: Expect Fireworks
  • MMA Mania : Aging Mac Will Fight Until He’s ‘Laid Out Flat’
  • Middle Easy : Georges St-Pierre Believes He ‘Would Have Beat’ Khabib in Rumored Superfight, Reveals His MMA GOATs
  • UFC.com : Erin Blanchfield Is Having A Full-Circle Moment
  • MMA Junkie : ONE 168 headlined by Stamp Fairtex vs. Jing Nan Xiong dual champion bout
  • MMAFighting.com : Dana White reveals story behind heated negotiation with UFC sponsor: ‘Take your money … shove it right up your ass’
  • UFC.com : Manon Fiorot Has Gold On Her Mind
  • Middle Easy : Brendan Schaub Calls Conor McGregor The ‘Most Underpaid Athlete’ of All Time: ‘No One Wants to Hear This’
  • MMA Mania : Adesanya ‘Ready To Go’ For DDP Fight At UFC 305
  • MMAFighting.com : Alexander Shabliy ‘not fully sure’ Usman Nurmagomedov fight happening, still awaiting contract and terms from PFL