Topic: Johnson vs. Horiguchi

Johnson vs. Horiguchi

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,554  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,505
  • Post Score: 60

02.10.2015 | 11:19 AM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Johnson vs. Horiguchi. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 2

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

02.11.2015 | 9:57 PM ET

I think MM might just be the greatest fighter in the UFC. He not my favorite, though i am a fan, he might just be the best. He high level in every aspects of MMA, but his transition are just on another level then everyone else not just his division but in the UFC period. He might be even  better at transitioning then GSP. I just think even if someone is better at something then him which is rare, he can bring the fight where ever he wants it  almost at will it seems. He also seems to be getting power and he just completely unpredictable. It also does not hurt to have insane levels of speed and reflexes. Out side of getting caught I don't see anyone contending with MM. He also only looks to be getting better every time he gets in there, which is just scary. I think we will see him fighting in super fights sometime in the future. 

"here I come to save the day"

GreenHornet
GreenHornet
  • Predictions:  42,804  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  10,325
  • Post Score: 203

02.15.2015 | 4:53 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Horiguchi   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

@MikeLovesTacosXD As previously mentioned, I don't think Horiguchi has much of a choice to decline.  The UFC is thin on contenders at 125 right now (thanks a lot John Lineker and Ali Bagautinov), as well as not really having an adequate amount of time to keep Mighty Mouse on the sidelines waiting to build up a contender for him to fight.  So considering that Horiguchi is the fighter in the division with the most momentum right now with his string of four victories and that fighters like Dodson, Moraga, Formiga, and Benavidez haven't fought enough fights to earn a title fight (although it would have been nice for them to set up a title eliminator match with one of those four guys against Horiguchi in a title eliminator fight), Horiguchi gets the title fight by default.

"..."

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,478  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

02.16.2015 | 6:57 AM ET

Prediction: correct Johnson   correct Submission   wrong Round 3  

Not sure but is Cejudo not allowed at 125 anymore?

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

Kpro
Kpro
  • Predictions:  11,208  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  4,927
  • Post Score: 255

02.16.2015 | 7:38 AM ET

Prediction: correct Johnson   wrong Decision  

@rappinpapsoda - Dana White banned him from 125 since he's tried to make it many times and either pulls out due to medical reasons from the cut or doesn't even get within a few pounds of it.  So he fought his last fight at 135.  But now Cejudo is scheduled at 125 against Cariaso in 4 weeks so who knows what anyone's thinking by letting him attempt 125 for over a half dozen times without a single successful cut in his career.  It's not like he'd ever get a title shot there without many successful cuts, he's easily the most unreliable fighter on the UFC roster when it comes to making weight.  He should just fight at 135.

* Edited at 02.16.2015, 7:39 AM ET *

"I Stab Waterbeds!"

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

02.16.2015 | 7:44 AM ET

Prediction: wrong Horiguchi   wrong Decision  

Basically, Cejudo begged to get another chance at 125 after his win at 135 and Dana said cool.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,478  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

02.16.2015 | 11:21 AM ET

Prediction: correct Johnson   correct Submission   wrong Round 3  

Hopefully he can start to make 125 so he fight MM for the title later on.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

DrGlaze
DrGlaze
  • Predictions:  18,699  |  63.1%
  • Forum Posts:  872
  • Post Score: 188

02.16.2015 | 2:00 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Horiguchi   wrong Decision  

I hope the Lineker wins a fight or two at bantamweight then does the same thing. (Shot in the dark!)

"I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers. -Khalil Gibran "

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

02.16.2015 | 2:57 PM ET

Prediction: correct Johnson   wrong Decision  

They're just keeping that belt warm for Henry GOATjudo. 

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

Lord Zardoz
Lord Zardoz
  • Predictions:  5,760  |  55.6%
  • Forum Posts:  10
  • Post Score: 70

04.16.2015 | 9:03 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Horiguchi   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

I do not expect this pick to happen, but I want to see a Japanese champion.
kickflip5150
kickflip5150
  • Predictions:  35  |  60.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 0

04.24.2015 | 10:05 AM ET

Prediction: correct Johnson   correct Submission   wrong Round 2  

gona happen

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 Results: Koreshkov vs. Umalatov
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: ‘I Decide Who, When, And Where’
  • MMA Mania : Muhammad Goes Off On Edwards And ‘Fakest Team I’ve Ever Seen’
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia has skill set to compete with Devin Haney. Does he have mindset?
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight; Topuria responds
  • MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo: Bo Nickal needs to hold his horses, 'maybe 10 fights away from possibly becoming UFC champion'
  • MMA Mania : Frenemies? ‘I Hate To See A Fighter Lose His Confidence’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 weigh-in results: Welterweights, featherweights set in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : ‘When I Was Your Age, I Already Had Title Defenses, Buddy’
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia fight card
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Belal Muhammad Claims He ‘Hates Leon Edwards’ Guts,’ Hopes To Dethrone The Welterweight King In Manchester
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Says He’s ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, Wants Logan Paul Or Floyd Mayweather Jr In Boxing After Nate Diaz
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Suggests Herb Dean Played a Part in Jamahal Hill’s UFC 300 Loss, ‘Big’ John McCarthy Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway responds to the 'un-BMF' demands from UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Eddie Hearn says things about to get real for Ryan Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Hearn says things about to get real for Garcia
  • MMA Mania : PFL Chicago Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Relive every win of Conor McGregor’s epic UFC career
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland vs. Paulo Costa: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC 302 co-headliner
  • MMA Mania : No Foul Play! ‘The Cutman Used A Boxing Technique’