Topic: Anderson Silva

Anderson Silva Fails Pre-Fight Drug Test for Anabolic Steroids

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

02.03.2015 | 9:01 PM ET

UFC Statement

So, can we just give GSP the GOAT moniker now? I mean, come on now. 

Oh, and Diaz failed a post-fight test for weed, which is irrelevant. 

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

Anderson "The Spider" Silva

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Anderson da Silva
  • Pro MMA Record: 34-11-0, 1 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: The Spider
  • Current Streak: 3 Losses
  • Last Fight: October 31, 2020 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Middleweight | Last Weigh-In: 184.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: N/A
  • Height: 6'2" (188cm) | Reach: 77.5" (197cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $4,857,000 USD
  • Born: Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
  • Fighting out of: Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
  • College: N/A
  • Foundation Style: Muay Thai
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses Page 8

TraeBlack
TraeBlack
  • Predictions:  20,832  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  8,700
  • Post Score: 173

02.09.2015 | 6:01 PM ET

Looking at that pic of Jon *****, and seeing he failed a drug test. Glad Paul Harris took his leg home with him...

"3HUNNA"

LeRoiStephon
LeRoiStephon
  • Predictions:  6,773  |  60.2%
  • Forum Posts:  31
  • Post Score: -87

02.10.2015 | 2:29 PM ET

I think Silva's use has everything to do with the fact that he was recovering from that catastrophic injury and the steroids were apart of his rehab plan... Whenever you have a major injury like that... Steroids are often times a major part of the healing process... I couldn't think of any other reason why Silva would want to use them or need them... This isn't a black eye at all in my mind...

"Je Suis Le Roi De Rues"

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

02.10.2015 | 2:32 PM ET

You dont know why anderson would wanna be stronger/fight longer/train harder and recover better? Common now. You can say you don't think he used it other then this fight which personally I think it naive, however it just down right foolishness to say you can't think of any reason why he would want to use PED's. 

* Edited at 02.10.2015, 2:33 PM ET *

"here I come to save the day"

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

02.10.2015 | 2:37 PM ET

Also keep in mind Anderson Silva got thrown around by Carlos Netwon physically in pride who a welter weight, but then 3 years later is ragg dolling Rich Franklin around who was a large 185 at the time. Now at the time I never thought anything of it, and yea perhaps Anderosn in three years time could have improved his strength by that much, but it does seem fairly sketchy in hind site of his failed drug test that was his only ever random drug test.

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

02.10.2015 | 3:54 PM ET

Carlos Newton was ******* strong. and I don't remember ever watching Silva relying on his strenght to defeat a fighter. and when he "ragdolled" Franklin he was already busted up real bad, it wasn't like DC vs Hendo type of stuff.

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

02.10.2015 | 4:07 PM ET

Carlos Newton was strong for welter weight at the time. Right now there a plenty of welter weights stronger then him, carlos would not be strong for a middleweight in the slightest.  He significantly weaker then Rich Franklin 

Anderson busted Rich Franklin up by rag dolling him in the clinch. He was not busted up before the clinch at all, it was in the clinch where he got busted up. I think your confusing the second fight with the first one.

* Edited at 02.10.2015, 4:13 PM ET *

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune

02.10.2015 | 4:58 PM ET

@franklin   I guess we are looking things differently, 

1. for me to ragdoll someone is like DC to Hendo, or Rory to Diaz
2. for what can bee sen on the Video Franklin doesn't try to break the clinh until after the 5th or 6th knee to the body, by then he has probably lost some of his strenght specially on his upper body which he needs in order to break from the muay thai clinch. it's after several kneed to the body that Silva starts to "ragdoll" him, and Silva is taller than him so that gives him an advantage over Rich in  the clinch.

I'm not saying this is proof of anything, I just don't agree with your evidence of Silva using PEDS since way before.  

also Diaz won a lot of exchanges in the clinch against SIlva while Silva was using...so whats up with that?  the power of ganja?

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

Franklin880088
Franklin880088

02.10.2015 | 5:43 PM ET

@Legacy

Well those of course looked more dominant, they were fighting guys literally a weight class below them, they also were going for take downs, not trying to clinch and knee. Also what would you call what Anderson did to Franklin then? Since Franklin clearly did not want to be in the clinch yet had almost no ability to get out.

Not sure what you are watching, but Franklin clearly trying to break out of the clinch right away. In fact he twice slipped two of Anderson attempt to get him in the clinch right before that. You can literally see Franklin flexing to try and break out. So I am not sure where you got the idea that Franklin was just sitting in his clinch not trying to get out, because he clearly was. He even started to just blocking attacks because he was having such trouble breaking out of the clinch. Anderson was completely dominating in the clinch and stopping Franlins attempts from escaping. Also Andersons one inch taller, it not like he had much of a height advantage at all.

Im not saying it concrete evidence, I am saying it sketchy that I guy who got physically dominated by a welter weight is then able to dominate a much larger and stronger middle weight in the clinch badly seems a bit off. Not to mention Franklin who studied lots of Anderson footage prior to the fight, thought he should have a sizable strength advantage, yet Franklin has gone on record saying he vastly underestimated how strong anderson was. That Anderson was overpowering him in the clinch which he was extremely surprised about. At the time I thought nothing of it, but it is fishy given the fact Anderson failed his first ever random drug test.

Here the video if anyone is interested

The fact Anderson 37, and did not look all that great either. Not to mention nick best thing is in the clinch and Anderson was clearly hesitant the entire fight. Also Nick kept blasting Anderson when he attempt clinching. It be one thing if he fought Nick like he tried Franklin, but he did not. He fought Nick completely differently and Nick strengths are the clinch, Anderson was fairly content at just winning the striking.

* Edited at 02.10.2015, 6:02 PM ET *

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune

02.10.2015 | 6:38 PM ET

@Franklin well from min 3:19 to 3:05 Franklin is fighting in the clinch pulling Silva head down and throwing punches with his right hand, so I don't see that as trying to get out of the clinch but more like fighting in it, then he has his back against the cage and for a couple of seconds it seem like he is pushing Silva away and he get some space between them but not enough to brake the clinch, my guess is because of Silva's longer reach so he can keep his hands on Franklin head while Franklin can't reach Silva's, then he (franklin) goes back to throwing punches knees and pulling Silva's head for another 15 sec or so, all the time he is being punished by silva's knees, so you have Franklin body punches vs Silva's knees. I don't see clear evidence that he was trying to get out of the clinch until 30-40ish seconds later by then he had taken like 10+ knees to the body, that will take it out of you I think.

To answer your question about what I call What Silva is doing to Rich, I would call that control not ragdolling, but that's just me.

On the Newton fight what i see is Newton getting a TD and controlling the position I wouldn't say that he ragdoll silva, 1 minute later after they stand them up Newton gets blasted by Silva's knee.  We all know that Anderson TDD is not great to say the least. so I'm not surprised that a strong WW wrestler can take him down once.

I don't think Nick's strengths are in the clinch, but he do likes it there though. even so my point of a PEDed Silva getting blasted in the clinch against a scrawny WW like Nick stands imo

Griffy
Griffy
  • Predictions:  38,656  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,503
  • Post Score: 297

02.11.2015 | 12:19 PM ET

@LeRoiStephon Chael Sonnen said it best about this. I'm paraphrasing here...  Anderson has an obligation to take whatever he can to get help and recover from his injury. Health first, fighting second; but he should have waited longer until everything was out of his system before entering the octagon again.

"I think Gayffy suits you better, because you are gay." - Nomad

joking_joe
joking_joe
  • Predictions:  6,589  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  945
  • Post Score: 393

02.11.2015 | 11:18 PM ET

Anderson Silva reportedly failed another UFC 183 drug test

Looks like the PED controversy isn't over yet for the Spider. According to MMA JunkieAnderson Silva has failed an additional drug test related to his UFC 183 bout against Nick Diaz.

Silva initially failed his January 9 test, while he passed another pre-fight screening on January 19 for HGH and other performance enhancing drugs. Not much details were included in the report, including the date or substances he tested positive for.

Multiple sources close to the situation on Wednesday confirmed to MMAjunkie that Silva failed a second drug test in relation to UFC 183. The sources spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly about the matter.

The date of Silva’s second failed test is not yet known, and an open-records request made by MMAjunkie has not yet been answered by the state of Nevada.

Hector Lombard also failed a drug test for anabolic steroids. He, along with Silva and Diaz, will meet the commission on Feb 17 where they will likely be sanctioned for the failed tests.

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune

02.12.2015 | 2:37 AM ET

Bad spidey, bad spidey.  This only makes Diaz more of a badass in my book.

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,442  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,595
  • Post Score: 69

02.12.2015 | 6:52 AM ET

Very surprising.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

02.12.2015 | 8:46 AM ET

Rogan reacts to Silva/Lombard's failed tests and keeps it real about the roid situation.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 6 months, 2 weeks, 6 days, 16 hours, and 21 minutes from now.
Jase01
Jase01
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  11
  • Post Score: 227

02.13.2015 | 4:28 AM ET

The Diaz comments, GIFs and pics are just so hilarious! LOL! But kidding aside, it is so disappointing to learn about Silva's failed drug test. I know that he is not the only fighter to test positive for Roids but given that a lot of people (fight fans for that matter) looks up to him, I find it really disappointing. Should he decide to fight again, I hope he gets his act straight and be the legend many people claims him to be. He is such a great fighter and I know he will be back in the game especially now that he must have gained his confidence back after his win (or maybe not, who knows). He is a real example of a mixed martial artist having to study different martial arts: Muay Thai, BJJ, Wrestling, Judo, Taekwondo, Capoeira and even boxing. On one occasion he was trained by Freddie Roach in the Wild Card Gym for boxing. That is why it is very disappointing the learn about the positive drug test. Well, that's life. One way or another fighters will lose their prime, I just hope Silva's not yet done with his. On a side note, for MMA fans who are also into boxing, here's a source of boxing news that you might like.
Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

02.17.2015 | 9:06 PM ET

Now Silva failed a postfight drug test as well, for an antianxiety and a sleep aid as well as drostanolone. So with or without the random test Silva gets popped either way. Silva can't claim tainted sample either, odds of two tainted samples a month apart would be slim. Look at the bright side the more people who get caught the less likely people are to use. 

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

slamdistraction
slamdistraction
  • Predictions:  702  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  249
  • Post Score: 117

02.17.2015 | 9:32 PM ET

Silva took a huge **** all over his legacy. And was it really worth it? Failing for four different banned substances to take an unimpressive decision over a welterweight. The whole situation is depressing to watch.

"Beating people up is a positive thing –Tank Abbott"

p4pgoat
p4pgoat
  • Predictions:  4,888  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,908
  • Post Score: 143

02.17.2015 | 9:48 PM ET

In that Joe Rogan clip from above he talks about from 2:15-2:45 how in the background of a TV show done at Anderson's house a long time ago there were pen-tips for HGH. I have a feeling Anderson has been juicing for a long time and has got away with it until now. It really shows too that you don't have to look like Hector Lombard necessarily to be on the juice. It could be a guy or guys you would never expect.

"We are all human, it's time to prove it."

amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

02.18.2015 | 12:05 AM ET

I wonder if Silva's steroid use was just for this fight or did he juice for the others and just never got caught. If this was a one off thing, I agree with slamdistraction. Of all the fights he could have roided for, this was probably the fight he needed it least. Roiding for Sonnen would make much more sense. 
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,442  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,595
  • Post Score: 69

02.18.2015 | 12:08 AM ET

Does this tarnish his legacy?

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

Page 8

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! ‘Regretful’ Biter Breaks Silence
  • MMA Mania : An Elite Contender With Only One Combo
  • MMA Mania : ‘Come Over Here Real Quick, Win A Belt, Maybe Win Another Belt’
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Plans To Continue Fighting Until He’s ‘In The F*cking Grave,’ Wants To Face Similar-Aged Opponents
  • Middle Easy : Khalil Rountree Jr Claims Fans Want To See Him Fight Alex Pereira, Doesn’t Care If Pereira Is Champion
  • MMAFighting.com : Vince McMahon unloads another $100 million of TKO Group Holdings stock
  • MMA Junkie : 'That's not who I am': Igor Severino apologizes for bite, hopes one mistake doesn't define career
  • MMA Mania : ‘A Big Spit In The Face Of All The Champions’
  • MMAFighting.com : Payton Talbott rejects Sean O’Malley comparisons after UFC Vegas 89: ‘I don’t want to be compared’
  • UFC.com : Joaquin Buckley: ‘This Is The Reason I’m Here’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tszyu willing to face Spence next, talks fight with Fundora
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tim Tszyu willing to face Errol Spence next, talks fight with Sebastian Fundora
  • MMA Junkie : 'Super happy' PFL season newcomer Mads Burnell explains excitement for fight schedule, new weight class
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor scoffs at retirement: ‘It’s to the motherf****** grave’
  • MMA Mania : Whittaker: Chimaev Fight ‘Came Out Of Nowhere’
  • MMA Junkie : Why 2022 PFL welterweight champ Sadibou Sy moved to light heavyweight for upcoming season
  • MMAFighting.com : Robert Whittaker reacts to Khamzat Chimaev fight at UFC Saudi Arabia: ‘It’s a bit of a shock’
  • MMA Mania : GSP ‘Would Have Put Khabib Down’
  • MMAFighting.com : Logan Paul reveals he had ‘suicidal thoughts’ amid CryptoZoo scandal fallout: ‘I was spiraling’
  • UFC.com : The State Of UFC During UFC 100 And 200