Topic: Aldo vs. McGregor

Aldo vs. McGregor

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,582  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,524
  • Post Score: 60

01.19.2015 | 11:29 AM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Aldo vs. McGregor. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 4

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

01.21.2015 | 7:48 PM ET

@Anik I never implied anything about ignorance, I only implied you didn't noticed something, if you want to take it like anything else that's on you. as to why you didn't noticed it I suggested that is because a lot of you only seem to focus on the good techinque and the ability of Conor but failed to see his flaws.

By baiting his opponents into charging after throwing flashy kicks, he's taken his countering game and minimized all possible risks extending from it........ how can you say he has minimized all possible risk when he gets hit more at every fight. 

But this part of your post..."the fact remains he uses more combos and less counterstiking"...it almost sounds as though you're putting them hand to hand with each other, which may suggest that you have absolutely no ******* clue as to what you're talking about.

I don't presume I am an expert on any kind of combat sports.  but what I was trying to say is that he uses longer combinations and he uses them more often too than what he used to, on the other hand he doesn't use his counters AS MUCH as he used to.

lastly you can have the time of your life whenever you feel like it, but saying that he's NOT abandoning his counter game...at this point is as arbitrary as me saying he is, I just expressed my opinion as you have done with yours, but since my POINT is that he is in a TRANSITION beetween both styles there's no way to know if one or the other is a FACT, only time will tell, and if I'm wrong I couldn't care less, it was just an opinion.

* Edited at 01.21.2015, 7:48 PM ET *

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

FantasyMMA
FantasyMMA
  • Predictions:  278  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  712
  • Post Score: 145

01.22.2015 | 9:17 AM ET

Prediction: McGregor  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 4

I think alot of this "abandoning vs not abandoning his counter game" stuff is possibly stemming from the fact that people are not going after him like they used to. They are realizing that maybe this kid is a really good fighter and they can't just walk through him. So he in turn is taking advantage of it and turning up his aggression.

I don't think Aldo will fear him and will go after him which makes this fight much more interesting than counting down the seconds until he KOs these other guys.
2 Nyce
2 Nyce
  • Predictions:  19,158  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,852
  • Post Score: 214

01.25.2015 | 4:22 PM ET

2 Nyce
2 Nyce
  • Predictions:  19,158  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,852
  • Post Score: 214

02.05.2015 | 2:10 PM ET

This is kinda funny since that pic was shopped?  I've done 10 simulations on UFC with these two.  McGregor won 8.  7 by KO one by decision.  4 of those were with that exact move^^.  Now I don't care to look at stats much, McGregor is probably better in the game.  But damn those 4 KO with that kick were all on Round 4. So thatll be my pic since I don't know what to pick .
Southknox
Southknox
  • Predictions:  3,540  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  754
  • Post Score: 243

02.05.2015 | 3:00 PM ET

I want McGregor to win, but my money is on Aldo.

"**** Jon Jones"

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

02.05.2015 | 4:50 PM ET

Fight fizzled?

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

keanuyu
keanuyu
  • Predictions:  1,956  |  57.2%
  • Forum Posts:  17
  • Post Score: -6

02.05.2015 | 9:31 PM ET

Conor has a chance but........

Prediction: Aldo  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 1

Conor will definitely put up a fight with his striking while Aldo will counter with punches and leg kicks. This will definitely be an exciting fight to watch

BUT........

For me, Conor is just like Daniel Cormier. Don't get me wrong, i'm a BIG FAN of DCs, but like Cormier, Conor hasn't fought any "note worthy" opponents. He beat fighters like Porier and Siver. Yes, they are good fighters, but not the top ones that would merit a title shot. Just like DC, he beat Top 15 fighters in relatively EASY fashion which gives us the illusion (same with DC) that he can very well beat the champion. I KNOW that DC can beat the top fighters in his division, but can Conor? I.e. Mendez, Edgar, Lamas? 

Well, i'm not hating on Conor because this is MMA, anything can happen. Only time will tell. 
PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  31,978  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,972
  • Post Score: 195

02.06.2015 | 10:20 AM ET

Prediction: Aldo  |  Decision

Huh? That's a weird comparison. DC was way more established than McGregor, he just won most of his fights at heavyweight before dropping down. 

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

FantasyMMA
FantasyMMA
  • Predictions:  278  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  712
  • Post Score: 145

02.06.2015 | 11:28 AM ET

Prediction: McGregor  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 4

"Mendez, Edgar, Lamas"

I keep hearing how Conor hasn't earned his shot cause he didn't beat any of these guys. Well guess what? NONE of those guys beat each other either. This division has build all of its contenders by avoiding fights between the top 2-4 guys. I take nothing away from Mendes, Lamas and Edgar, they are great; but why hold Conor to the standard of having to beat one of them when even they haven't done that?
buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

02.06.2015 | 3:19 PM ET

If you think McGregor is less deserving of a shot than the previous title challengers you haven´t been paying attention. 

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo hopes Conor McGregor 'of old' shows up vs. Michael Chandler at UFC 303
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC lightweight Paddy Pimblett announces arrival of twin baby girls
  • MMA Junkie : Ariane Lipski plots her 'best performance ever' against Karine Silva at UFC on ESPN 55
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This will be one of Canelo’s better performances’: Ellerbe expects showcase victory against Munguia
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight-week press conference live stream
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight-week press conference live stream (6 p.m. ET)
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch BKFC KnuckleMania 4 press conference video live now
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 press conference video at 6 p.m. ET
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Louisville lineup announced: Dominick Reyes vs. Dustin Jacoby, but no main event official
  • MMA Mania : Wanna Bet Someone Misses Weight? Now You Can!
  • MMA Junkie : Ronda Rousey thinks Joe Rogan, media turned on her after knockout losses: 'They're a bunch of assh*les'
  • MMAFighting.com : Curtis Blaydes: Tom Aspinall fight at UFC 304 makes sense, but I learned ‘don’t get my hopes up’
  • Middle Easy : Trial Date Set for Former UFC Heavyweight Champion Cain Velasquez in Attempted Murder Case
  • MMA Junkie : Israel Adesanya will always respect 'special fighter' Alex Pereira
  • Jits Magazine : PGF World Season 6: Day 3 Recap
  • MMAFighting.com : Shaq: Vitor Belfort knocked out person ‘talking crazy’ at bar
  • UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | Ariane Lipski, Austin Hubbard, UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez picks
  • MMA Junkie : Montana De La Rosa, Andrea Lee booked for UFC rematch in Louisville
  • MMA Mania : Cannonier Vs Imamov Headlines UFC Louisville
  • MMA Junkie : UFC's Tim Means doesn't expect to fight for long: 'I turned 40, I know my time is coming'