Topic: Donald Cerrone

Cowboy looked like a monster in his last fight against Myles Jury.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

embomb701
embomb701
  • Predictions:  353  |  54.4%
  • Forum Posts:  6
  • Post Score: 200

01.06.2015 | 1:49 PM ET

After a dominant performance turned in. (that he was unhappy with), he is scheduled to fight again, this month! Was a warrior!
http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/cowboy-cerrone-steps-in-to-face-benson-henderson-at-ufc-fight-night-in-boston-010515

"Life affords you many lessons, none however teach you more about yourself then competing."

Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Donald Anthony Cerrone
  • Pro MMA Record: 36-17-0, 2 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: Cowboy
  • Current Streak: 6 Losses
  • Last Fight: July 02, 2022 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Welterweight | Last Weigh-In: 170.5 lbs
  • Affiliation: BMF Ranch
  • Height: 6'1" (185cm) | Reach: 73.0" (185cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $3,083,682 USD
  • Born: Denver, Colorado, United States
  • Fighting out of: Albuquerque, New Mexico
  • Head Coach: Greg Jackson
  • Other Coaches: N/A
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,490  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

01.07.2015 | 10:45 AM ET

He sure loves to fight often.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

JCDubs36
JCDubs36
  • Predictions:  5,312  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  12
  • Post Score: 217

01.07.2015 | 12:56 PM ET

Two things, 
1. Mad respect for repping the Moxie soda pop.

2. You've got to wonder if the quick turnarounds will catch up with him, or if they are an indication that he is trying to load up on money for an early retirement? 

"A boxer is like a lion, the greatest predator on land. But you throw him in the shark tank and he’s just another meal."

Griffy
Griffy
  • Predictions:  38,656  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2,503
  • Post Score: 297

01.07.2015 | 2:19 PM ET

I can't see Cerrone doing all of this for an early retirement - the dude strikes me as someone who just loves to fight.

"I think Gayffy suits you better, because you are gay." - Nomad

theMMAmessiah
theMMAmessiah
  • Predictions:  7,993  |  66.5%
  • Forum Posts:  8,433
  • Post Score: 103

01.07.2015 | 2:28 PM ET

I believe he made 140k disclosed for this last fight. So win or lose, by taking this one, he makes anywhere from 300-500 thousand in 15 days. Pretty damn good money for someone who has never even been in a title fight. 
yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

01.07.2015 | 2:41 PM ET

Yup ... also, I'll be damned if saving the day by taking a high profile fight on 15 days notice doesn't come with a whopping locker room bonus ... I'd say if he beats Bendo (considering this fight is most likely going to be front runner for an OTN bonus whether he finishes or he wins a decision) he could potentially close in on a million bucks in January alone, without sponsor money.

Man, I hope he wins.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

psychicdeath
psychicdeath
  • Predictions:  38,296  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,198
  • Post Score: 261

01.07.2015 | 2:53 PM ET

Being co-main on a big selling card on Saturday (and doing the memorable butt-kicking at the end) probably increased his recognition for casual fans, too, which might translate into more sponsorship dollars.

"I shall not cause harm to any vehicle nor the personal contents thereof, nor through inaction let that vehicle or the personal contents thereof come to harm. It's what I call the Repo Code, kid. "

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

01.07.2015 | 2:59 PM ET

I guess so ... well, dude deserves every dime he makes and more if you ask me so you won't hear me complaining about anything that goes his way.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Elijah Dorsey To Challenge Max Hanson For Welterweight Title At Enigma Invitational 15
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings