Topic: Alberto Rodriguez

Rumor: Bellator Looking to Sign Pro-Wrestlers

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

edwinx1903
edwinx1903
  • Predictions:  1,280  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,039
  • Post Score: 245

12.08.2014 | 3:03 AM ET

With CM Punk signing with the UFC, Bellator is looking to continue the trend by signing other pro-wrestlers and Alberto del Rio is rumored of being on their list.

Source: http://411mania.com/mma/bellator-mma-planning-to-sign-pro-wrestlers-to-mma-deals/
Alberto "Dos Caras Jr." Rodriguez

Fighter Details

• Given Name: José Alberto Rodríguez
  • Pro MMA Record: 9-6-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: Dos Caras Jr.
  • Current Streak: 2 Losses
  • Last Fight: December 07, 2019 in CAMMA
  • Weight Class: Light Heavyweight | Last Weigh-In: 209.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: N/A
  • Height: 6'5" (196cm) | Reach: N/A
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $0 USD
  • Born: Mexico
  • Fighting out of: Mexico
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,050  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,481
  • Post Score: 203

12.08.2014 | 6:15 AM ET

Better than CM Punk.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

Last_stand
Last_stand
  • Predictions:  305  |  58.4%
  • Forum Posts:  87
  • Post Score: 86

12.08.2014 | 6:44 AM ET

They will sign fools like this and not Ben Askren? You let him go, Bellator, and then UFC wont take him? WTH

"A man should be able to govern himself, based on whatever concept he sees fit."

Last_stand
Last_stand
  • Predictions:  305  |  58.4%
  • Forum Posts:  87
  • Post Score: 86

12.08.2014 | 9:14 AM ET

BTW I am not calling CM punk a fool- personally I think that he has the tools to succeed- but for me the arts are more important then the money, and that's just not the way the world works. The UFC signed him because he can make them money. The same with all the Gina Carano talk- its not about the fights or the arts, its all about the money and it drives me crazy. I wish that people could truly appreciate what was important in the sport and not the greenbacks behind it. Wi****l thinking I suppose. Again, no disrespect to CM punk whatsoever.

"A man should be able to govern himself, based on whatever concept he sees fit."

Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

12.08.2014 | 10:40 AM ET

They already have Bobby Lashley on their roster, so it's nothing new for them. Not to mention their Pro-Wrestling crossover with Rampage and Tito and Bonnar going full WWE in the promotion of the Tito fight and the addition of fighter centric walk outs with a big video screen. Bellator is fully embracing the angle. I haven't watched Pro Wrestling for over a decade so I couldn't say who is even popular. I know Lashley hasn't made big number jumps for them. 

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

boredoms
boredoms
  • Predictions:  47,181  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,267
  • Post Score: 236

12.08.2014 | 10:43 AM ET

A lot of MMA fans start off as pro wrestling fans. I remember watching RAW on Spike in late 2004 and seeing commercials for The Ultimate Fighter.

"I am trained in gorilla warfare" - Stay Ready

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,457  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

12.08.2014 | 12:15 PM ET

Del Rio actually has a legit wrestling background. He was on the Mexican national team and beat Couture in Greco-Roman and more than likely would had been in the 2000 Olympics had Mexico sent their national team. He also is the one that started the whole DEEP vs Mexican pro wrestlers thing in early DEEP events lol.

Bellator will probably have to pay out the ass for him, from what I understand he is making bank wrestling in Mexico, far more than what any MMA fighter is making.

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

12.08.2014 | 1:24 PM ET

He's got big fight experience. 
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 6 months, 2 weeks, 6 days, 15 hours, and 8 minutes from now.
Elkisland
Elkisland
  • Predictions:  213  |  64.8%
  • Forum Posts:  499
  • Post Score: 132

12.08.2014 | 1:55 PM ET

I'll watch anybody fight. I don't know who any of these pro wrestlers are, but if they can pass the physical, put them in there. I don't like the aspect of legit prospects being passed up for goofy fights... But that's business, baby girl.

"Serious sport is war minus the shooting. "George Orwell""

michigandolphin
michigandolphin
  • Predictions:  25,001  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,973
  • Post Score: 261

12.08.2014 | 2:10 PM ET

^This kills the face

"Frig off, bud"

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,442  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,595
  • Post Score: 69

12.09.2014 | 3:53 PM ET

He fought as Dos Caras in Pride I believe.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,715  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,764
  • Post Score: 273

12.09.2014 | 5:57 PM ET

Cro-Cop must have been pissed. He definitely knows he put Dos Dude out with that head kick but entertains himself by slapping him with a brutal left hook.

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! ‘Regretful’ Biter Breaks Silence
  • MMA Mania : An Elite Contender With Only One Combo
  • MMA Mania : ‘Come Over Here Real Quick, Win A Belt, Maybe Win Another Belt’
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Plans To Continue Fighting Until He’s ‘In The F*cking Grave,’ Wants To Face Similar-Aged Opponents
  • Middle Easy : Khalil Rountree Jr Claims Fans Want To See Him Fight Alex Pereira, Doesn’t Care If Pereira Is Champion
  • MMAFighting.com : Vince McMahon unloads another $100 million of TKO Group Holdings stock
  • MMA Junkie : 'That's not who I am': Igor Severino apologizes for bite, hopes one mistake doesn't define career
  • MMA Mania : ‘A Big Spit In The Face Of All The Champions’
  • MMAFighting.com : Payton Talbott rejects Sean O’Malley comparisons after UFC Vegas 89: ‘I don’t want to be compared’
  • UFC.com : Joaquin Buckley: ‘This Is The Reason I’m Here’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tszyu willing to face Spence next, talks fight with Fundora
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tim Tszyu willing to face Errol Spence next, talks fight with Sebastian Fundora
  • MMA Junkie : 'Super happy' PFL season newcomer Mads Burnell explains excitement for fight schedule, new weight class
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor scoffs at retirement: ‘It’s to the motherf****** grave’
  • MMA Mania : Whittaker: Chimaev Fight ‘Came Out Of Nowhere’
  • MMA Junkie : Why 2022 PFL welterweight champ Sadibou Sy moved to light heavyweight for upcoming season
  • MMAFighting.com : Robert Whittaker reacts to Khamzat Chimaev fight at UFC Saudi Arabia: ‘It’s a bit of a shock’
  • MMA Mania : GSP ‘Would Have Put Khabib Down’
  • MMAFighting.com : Logan Paul reveals he had ‘suicidal thoughts’ amid CryptoZoo scandal fallout: ‘I was spiraling’
  • UFC.com : The State Of UFC During UFC 100 And 200