Topic: Thatch vs. Thompson

Thatch vs. Thompson

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,582  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,524
  • Post Score: 60

11.13.2014 | 12:13 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Thatch vs. Thompson. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

11.13.2014 | 12:13 PM ET

Prediction: Thatch  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 2

I prayed both that this fight would happen, and that it never would. Love both fighters. This **** should be violent while it lasts.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

bigdoobie
bigdoobie
  • Predictions:  4,891  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  68
  • Post Score: 122

11.13.2014 | 1:06 PM ET

Prediction: Thompson  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 2

Wonderboy tko round 2
Bigj383
Bigj383
  • Predictions:  8,546  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  5,417
  • Post Score: 187

11.13.2014 | 1:35 PM ET

I don't want either of them to lose. 

"It does not make sense that humans deliberately malfunction. - Upgrade"

FantasyMMA
FantasyMMA
  • Predictions:  278  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  712
  • Post Score: 145

11.13.2014 | 3:12 PM ET

Well like everyone else I am a huge fan of both guys. I think Thatch at 100% wins this fight. But it's been a year since his last fight so who knows what he will look like. Wish this didn't happen until they were both closer to a title shot.
Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

11.13.2014 | 8:04 PM ET

Thompson closer to a title shot? He will never even be a top 15 WW. Thatch gonna run through this fool like a cyclone.

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

FantasyMMA
FantasyMMA

11.13.2014 | 8:38 PM ET

@Nomad. He is 10-1 (5-1 UFC) with his one loss to Matt Brown 2 years ago. He is only top 25 and can EASILY go much higher in the rankings. I am not saying he will be top 5, but he can absolutely get closer to a title fight.

Just saying it sucks knocking one of these guys lower, would rather this fight when they are both near the top ten. Too soon for me. Sick fight though.
skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

11.13.2014 | 8:40 PM ET

He's also the only dude in Brown's ridiculous streak of savagery not to be finished. And that was in his seventh pro fight. Brown also said after the fight and since that he's never been hit as hard as he was by Wonderboy.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

Nomad
Nomad

11.13.2014 | 8:53 PM ET

And yet he will never be top 15, a shame isn't it?

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

Nomad
Nomad

11.13.2014 | 10:17 PM ET

He's 32, hasn't faced a wrestler yet, boasts about a fake kickboxing record and I personally think Thatch is the more skilled fighter and subsequently will knock Wonderboy down from 24 to an even lower rank...I personally feel I can name 25 better welterweights as it is. I'm not being a ****, just saying it how it is...he'll never be a top 15 Welterweight and his 24th spot is generous as it is.

TheTnuggs
TheTnuggs
  • Predictions:  2,963  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  667
  • Post Score: 197

11.13.2014 | 10:30 PM ET

Prediction: Thatch  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 1

to be honest, I dont think hes as good as the talk.  yeas hes a good strikers, maybe even great, but i people like Lawlor, Hendricks, Condit, That psycho guy who trains with GSP and will probably snap and murder someone eventually,Woodly and Tarec would all outstrick him, and the rest would grapple **** him. he does really well if you fall into his kickboxing pointfighting style, but if you manage to break that cycle hes very beatable.  Id be very curious to see what Lombard would do to him.  if he was 25, id say hell yea thats plenty of time to adapt to mma, but at the age of 32, past his prime, im suspect to how far hell make it.

"As swift as wind, as silent as forest, as fierce as fire, as unshakeable as mountain"

bigdoobie
bigdoobie
  • Predictions:  4,891  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  68
  • Post Score: 122

11.13.2014 | 10:31 PM ET

Prediction: Thompson  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 2

Wonderboy is the best striker in the division.
TheTnuggs
TheTnuggs
  • Predictions:  2,963  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  667
  • Post Score: 197

11.13.2014 | 10:37 PM ET

Prediction: Thatch  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 1

not even close

"As swift as wind, as silent as forest, as fierce as fire, as unshakeable as mountain"

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

11.13.2014 | 11:53 PM ET

This will be like Thompson vs Matt Brown all over again.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 1 week, 4 days, 18 hours, and 37 minutes from now.
yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

11.14.2014 | 4:46 AM ET

Prediction: Thatch  |  Submission  |  Round 3

Not sure it will ... for one, Wonderboy's grappling's got much better, not saying he's better than Thatch, just don't think that Thatch will choose to smother him for 3 rounds on the ground nor will Wonderboy be as easy to keep there for that long either.

I think Thatch takes this on account of having more in the toolbox but wouldn't be surprised if Wonderboy takes it, especially giving how inactive Thatch is.

Also, I personally would like Thatch to take it since I believe Thatch has a Condit-esque future in the sport while as I see a ceiling for Wonderboy which I think he's already very close to.

* Edited at 11.14.2014, 4:51 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

FantasyMMA
FantasyMMA

11.14.2014 | 6:58 AM ET

Fake kickboxing career? You got some type of proof of this or just trash talking?

* Edited at 11.14.2014, 8:24 AM ET *

Nomad
Nomad

11.14.2014 | 9:53 AM ET

It is common knowledge that all of his 56 kickboxing bouts cannot be shown for, and that most are from.amateur and karate tournaments but he markets it as a 56-0 professional kickboxing record. I know he had one loss to Raymond Daniels he doesn't acknowledge either because it was due to injury, when I saw it it was ruled a loss maybe he got it overturned.  It's not my job to prove his fights are fake, it's his job to prove they are real. 

I don't talk ****, I Nomad.

michigandolphin
michigandolphin
  • Predictions:  25,001  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,973
  • Post Score: 261

11.14.2014 | 10:56 AM ET

Prediction: Thatch  |  Submission  |  Round 1

"It's not my job to prove his fights are fake, it's his job to prove they are real."

Burden of proof. You are 100% right. 

"Frig off, bud"

FantasyMMA
FantasyMMA

11.14.2014 | 11:45 AM ET

@Nomad just checking. The Daniels fight is officially a no contest on both fighters records. It was an honest question because I really have not seen/heard any Thompson interview. He is 20-0 as a professional in kickboxing. There are reports of him having 37-0 record as an amateur. Many of his amateur fights came under the IKF banner and they seem to back that claim. Not sure what type of proof you would want though. Do you need videos of every fight? Probably won't happen.

Is there a link to him saying he has 57-0 pro kickboxing record? If so I will join you in laughing at Thompson. 
slamdistraction
slamdistraction
  • Predictions:  702  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  249
  • Post Score: 117

11.14.2014 | 11:55 AM ET

Prediction: Thompson  |  Decision

Lol, you guys are hilarious. You're just a bunch of rednecks. And I'm from KY so I would know. You just don't like Thompson because he isn't a knockout puncher. I think you're all just so high on Thatch because of that mullet, haha. I mean seriously, think about it. The dude's had two UFC fights, one where Thiago just gives up after he gets hit hard once.

Wonderboy is legit. I'm not sure what fights you guys are watching, but he's super fast, throws ridiculously hard kicks, he keeps his hands low and throws punches from hard to see angles. Add in the stance switching and feinting game, I don't see how you guys think he isn't a top striker at 170. He's better than everyone below Matt Brown except for Saff. The way he feinted with his back leg against Cote was beautiful; Cote thought that spinning hook kick was coming and ate a lot of nice kicks to the body.

And have you guys ever seen Thatch move his head? Because I sure haven't. You can say Thompson's kickboxing record is fake or he hasn't faced a wrestler or whatever, but as far as this particular fight goes, Thatch gets battered. He'll get ****** up on the feet and he won't be able to get it to the ground.

"Beating people up is a positive thing –Tank Abbott"

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

11.14.2014 | 12:38 PM ET

Prediction: Thatch  |  Submission  |  Round 3

"I don't talk ****, I Nomad"

GOAT!

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Elijah Dorsey To Challenge Max Hanson For Welterweight Title At Enigma Invitational 15
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings