Tapology Forums

T.J. Dillashaw's chances on Aldo???

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

keanuyu
keanuyu
  • Predictions:  1,956  |  57.2%
  • Forum Posts:  17
  • Post Score: -6

11.13.2014 | 5:16 AM ET

So Dillashaw just told the MMA media that he "wants Aldo so bad" and wants to "get a crack him". I have a lot of respect for Dillashaw's skill but i don't think he'll be able to handle Aldo. Yes, he moves kinda like Cruz which might make his style a little problem for Aldo, but i don't think he'll be able to hang with the Featherweight Champ. What do you guys think? I'm kinda curious

Responses

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

11.13.2014 | 5:51 AM ET

Since he's not even gonna be 135 champ after his next fight he should be more concerned about campaigning for an immediate rematch than starting to setup super-fights ... seriously, if you haven't defended your belt at least 2-3 times (or at least once against a true contender), ******* focus on your own division and build your own legacy for a bit. ******!

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

keanuyu
keanuyu
  • Predictions:  1,956  |  57.2%
  • Forum Posts:  17
  • Post Score: -6

11.13.2014 | 6:02 AM ET

My thoughts exactly yossgold. For me, he has to beat Cruz and maybe Barao (again) before he can even think of a shot at Aldo.
MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,258  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,483
  • Post Score: 203

11.13.2014 | 6:15 AM ET

Lol. This dude. Talking about fighting Aldo after beating Joe Soto and right before he's about to lose his belt.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,478  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

11.13.2014 | 6:22 AM ET

Aldo would destroy him.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

FantasyMMA
FantasyMMA
  • Predictions:  278  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  712
  • Post Score: 145

11.13.2014 | 7:01 AM ET

Soto was winning that fight at times and he wants Aldo lol. I don't care who he beat I am not convinced of his ability yet. I don't think he is the best fighter in his gym....or even top 3.
Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

11.13.2014 | 8:29 AM ET

McGregor would kill Dillashaw.

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

slamdistraction
slamdistraction
  • Predictions:  702  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  249
  • Post Score: 117

11.13.2014 | 4:02 PM ET

You guys too hard on Dillashaw. He is the best at that gym. I mean he came out in that first Barao fight with everything just coming together. And he's watched Aldo beat his teammates over and over, so why wouldn't he want to fight him? Against Soto, the dude didn't even have a full day to think about how he was gonna fight, give him a break. And as far as Cruz goes, I love him, but I'm not convinced he beats Dillashaw so easily. I think TJ has all the athletic advantages, and that's a big advantage when two guys are using such movement-heavy styles.

"Beating people up is a positive thing –Tank Abbott"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,258  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,483
  • Post Score: 203

11.13.2014 | 4:18 PM ET

Urijah Faber is the best fighter at Team Alpha Male. I don't care that Barao has beat him twice. When Urijah Faber is on, he is the best fighter at that camp. Styles make fights, and, stylistically, Dillashaw matched up with Barao better than Faber. Hell, even then, a lot of people had Barao beating him in a rematch. Aside from Barao, TJ has fought nowhere near the competition that Faber has. He has fought two quality opponents; he lost to Assuncao, and beat Barao. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

11.13.2014 | 4:50 PM ET

Aldo has more firepower, so he wins, but it would be competitive in the early going.

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

11.13.2014 | 5:11 PM ET

A notoriously large featherweight (who is one of the greatest mixed martial artists to ever live) against a bantamweight? This would be sanctioned **** if it were to somehow occur.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 6 months, 5 hours, and 24 minutes from now.
splashsergio
splashsergio
  • Predictions:  55,128  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  713
  • Post Score: 181

11.13.2014 | 5:25 PM ET

I think the best fight to see in 145lb is McGregor vs Swanson. 5 rounds.  
slamdistraction
slamdistraction
  • Predictions:  702  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  249
  • Post Score: 117

11.13.2014 | 7:53 PM ET

Faber not better than Dillashaw. Maybe he's a better grappler, but their wrestling is similar and Dillashaw has way better striking. I obviously agree that Faber has fought better guys, but come on, you can clearly see Dillashaw has more skills. Can't you? And if all the TAM guys agree that Dillashaw is the best guy there, why you doubting?

"Beating people up is a positive thing –Tank Abbott"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

11.14.2014 | 11:15 AM ET

@MikeLovesTacos XD Everything about your post on Urijah Faber makes me ******* cringe, especially this golden line: "Hell, even then, a lot of people had Barao beating him in a rematch."
Right, because so many people had Dillashaw the first time out, right?

Is T.J. Dillashaw a *********? No ******* ****, and if you need proof you can watch that TUF season (which in my eyes is easily the best one to date). But is he talented? Damn ******* straight, and he would **** Renan Barao again if he had the chance. A fight like that isn't a "fluke", it's not a "styles make fights" type match, Dillashaw is just better.

But Aldo would murder him. Renan Barao's got 4 strikes and if he can't hit 'em he has to get it to the ground.

"الله أكبرl"

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : Ryan Garcia misses weight, will still fight Devin Haney
  • UFC.com : Julian Erosa's Monumental March
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 303 ticket prices: Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler could break promotion's gate record
  • Middle Easy : Max Holloway Snaps Back at Ilia Topuria Over BMF Title Demands: ‘That’s Kind of Un-BMF’
  • MMAFighting.com : Brendan Loughnane details ‘intense’ training sessions with Conor McGregor ahead of PFL return
  • MMA Mania : UFC Trumps Boxing, Named MVP Of Combat Sports
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Weighs in on Herb Dean Controversy at UFC 300, Would ‘Love’ His Next Fight to Be Against Sean Strickland
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 302's Sean Strickland on Paulo Costa: 'I'm going to make that dirty Brazilian bleed'
  • Bad Left Hook : Morrell moves to 175, Berlanga named WBA mandatory challenger for Canelo
  • Bad Left Hook : David Morrell Jr moves to 175, Edgar Berlanga named WBA mandatory challenger for Canelo Alvarez
  • MMAFighting.com : Logan Paul responds to Ronda Rousey criticism: ‘I don’t think she’s a hater’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I see it being an early night’: Haney doesn’t expect Garcia to last the distance
  • MMA Junkie : Jorge Masvidal proud to see fans bring Miami heat on Nate Diaz: 'He definitely felt it'
  • Middle Easy : Frustrated Ketlen Vieira Believes She is More ‘Deserving’ of a UFC Title Fight Than Kayla Harrison
  • MMA Mania : Chandler Reveals Plans For McGregor’s ‘Hurt Leg’
  • MMAFighting.com : Missed Fists: Fighter eats head kick after failing to exploit grounded fighter rule
  • MMA Junkie : Kyoji Horiguchi, Sergio Pettis to rematch at Rizin 47 in June
  • MMAFighting.com : Sergio Pettis vs. Kyoji Horiguchi 2 announced for RIZIN 47 in June
  • MMAFighting.com : Gegard Mousasi lashes out at PFL over lack of communication, refusal to book him since buying Bellator
  • MMA Junkie : PFL heads to Mohegan Sun, Salt Lake City, Sioux Falls for second half of 2024 regular season