Topic: Silva vs. Diaz

Silva vs. Diaz

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,550  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,505
  • Post Score: 60

07.29.2014 | 6:07 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Silva vs. Diaz. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 5

AnAlias
AnAlias
  • Predictions:  7,888  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  8,737
  • Post Score: 246

08.05.2014 | 3:25 PM ET

Prediction: Silva  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 1

I don't see Diaz' flat footed boxing style being very effective against Anderson.  
yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

08.05.2014 | 3:25 PM ET

Prediction: Silva  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 2

Diaz may very well win (I doubt it but it can happen), but I think saying Anderson's chin is shattered based on one knockout by someone much much more powerful that Diaz is a bit of a stretch... At least based on the evidence we have now.

* Edited at 08.05.2014, 3:27 PM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

bklettke
bklettke
  • Predictions:  2,109  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  1,761
  • Post Score: 117

08.05.2014 | 3:53 PM ET

Lets not forget how rocked Silva was in Round 1 at UFC 168.

Yeah Weidman has more power than Diaz, that's a given. What i'm saying is if Anderson starts getting over confident against the cage he could get caught, after all that's where Diaz throws his best combos.

In the Bonnar fight he was definately getting punched in the face here and there before he exploded for another Silva"esque" KO, but he was getting hit and that .gif shows it.... Now factor in that Silva has never fought someone who throws combo's against the cage like Diaz, especially mixing in body shots.....

I'm just playing devils advocate here..... if you notice i'm picking Silva by KO - but Silva sitting against the cage trying to bob & weave a Diaz combo could equal something noboby wants to see.

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

08.05.2014 | 4:29 PM ET

I actually do believe that Anderson Silva's once unbreakable chin has now been shattered, but the reason isn't because of the Weidman KO...that punch could have knocked down Roy ******' Nelson for ****'s sake.

I'm worried about the chin because of the rematch; Weidman knocked Anderson down in the first round from a short hook in a single collar clinch.

That punch was not powerful in the least but it really ****** with Anderson, so I can't trust his chin anymore.

"الله أكبرl"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

08.05.2014 | 4:50 PM ET

However, I still think that Diaz body-punching against the cage won't be effective against Anderson quite like it would be against anyone else. If anything, I think Anderson should go against the cage and try to entice Diaz into doing one of his trademark body punching flurries.

If you haven't seen it yet, the reason why I say that is because Nick Diaz exposes not only his head but his neck completely when he does his body punching against the cage. Look at the way he leans his head on Evangelista's. In the picture of the body hook on Frank Shamrock, Nick Diaz's neck is once again susceptible to getting grabbed by Frank's left hand. In the GIF where Nick Diaz is beating down Marius Zaromskis, look at how he leans his head forward as he starts to target the body towards the end of the clip. Finally, if you look at the last image against Paul Daley, Nick Diaz does the same thing only Paul Daley has the knowledge and wherewithal to initiate the double collar against Nick.

Anderson Silva is still a master of the double collar tie plum and with that added size advantage, he'll probably be able to rip Nick Diaz's head straight off of his neck MK-style.

* Edited at 08.05.2014, 4:51 PM ET *

"الله أكبرl"

RamJam420
RamJam420
  • Predictions:  489  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  63
  • Post Score: 29

08.08.2014 | 1:02 AM ET

That's a very good point, Nick will have to watch out for knees if he backs Silva to the cage and fires one of his combos. It could make for some really nice exchanges if Silva launches a knee while Diaz is the middle of a combo.
But like I said, I don't think Silva will look like he used to. Nick would probably clip him upstairs before Silva can land any big knees.
And I actually think his head is relatively safe when its pressed up to the other guys head/neck area. You hear good wrestlers talking about doing that all the time. Its when Nick is rushing in just before he gets right up on hi that the clinch could come.
RamJam420
RamJam420
  • Predictions:  489  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  63
  • Post Score: 29

08.08.2014 | 1:17 AM ET

@franklin3000 Yeah maybe GSP was injured during that fight, I don't know about that. He fights injured pretty often and always butt****s them, like Thiago Alves in UFC100. And yeah sure if the Diaz Condit fight continued it would have continued just the way it did, with Condit *****footing around and running from Diaz. Thats another fight where one guy won it as a sport but we all know who won it as a fight.
DontBeScaredHomie
DontBeScaredHomie
  • Predictions:  44,107  |  58.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,217
  • Post Score: 279

08.17.2014 | 1:51 PM ET

Prediction: Diaz  |  Decision

Pretty sick fan made event poster

"Ohhhhhhhh ****! Look at that door, dude. See that door there? The one marked "Pirate"? You think a pirate lives in there?"

jaykool777
jaykool777
  • Predictions:  25,528  |  61.6%
  • Forum Posts:  3,654
  • Post Score: 158

08.17.2014 | 6:23 PM ET

Remember what Nick Diaz did to BJ Penn? I think that Anderson Silva is going to do the same thing to Nick Diaz. I really love both fighters. In fact they are two of my favs, but I just don't see Nick Diaz being able to hang with Anderson Silva. However, it is possible that Silva is on the downhill slide of his career, and we all saw what Diaz did to Frank Shamrock on the downhill slide of his career.

In all honesty, if Diaz makes out of the 1st round, I'll be surprised. I'm excited for the fight, but then again tentative both for Diaz and Silva. For Silva this a "nothing to gain, everything to lose fight." For Diaz, he's going in there against the greatest MMA MW of all time, and I think that Nick's style plays right into Silva's hands. I wish them both luck.

"Keep it punk rock!!!!"

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

08.17.2014 | 7:01 PM ET

@Ram

GSP injuried himself during the alves fight not prior. That not the same thing at all, GSP had trouble even making weight for the Diaz fight because he injuried his knee prior to the fight. Yes we do all know who won the condit - Diaqz fight, it was Condit, by out landing him the entire fight and having by far the most dominant round of the fight which was the 4th. Diaz fans still butt hurt. COndit has been more then willing to rematch DIaz, but you don't see Diaz taking the fight do you? Condit won that fight and he dam sure win the rematch.

* Edited at 08.17.2014, 7:03 PM ET *

"here I come to save the day"

darth_nanners
darth_nanners
  • Predictions:  2,440  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  619
  • Post Score: 170

08.18.2014 | 10:51 AM ET

Diaz is a great fighter but his style plays right into Silva's. He keeps his head up to much and that equals trouble against Anderson. This fight is gonna be like a firecacker with a long fuse, a whole lot of build up for just a little bang at the end.

"insert random generic/inspirational message here."

foley4ever87
foley4ever87
  • Predictions:  7,048  |  60.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,092
  • Post Score: 86

09.09.2014 | 1:01 PM ET

Nick Diaz has lost both of his fights in the once a year fighting situation in which he has decided to grace us with his middle finger throwing presence. Anderson should take this.

" Stephen Quadros: "How long have you had that mustache?" Don Frye: "Since I was 5. I got it from my mom's side of the family. She's not a pretty woman.""

FaceStomper
FaceStomper
  • Predictions:  4,891  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,399
  • Post Score: 224

10.06.2014 | 6:42 PM ET

Prediction: Diaz  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 1

Nick Diaz:
Loses to Condit, then fights Gsp
Loses to Gsp, then fights Silva
Loses to Silva, fights Weidman
Loses to Weidman, fights Jesus

Diaz is a negotiating genius

"You fight midgets" - Nate Diaz

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

10.06.2014 | 8:21 PM ET

I'm still not sure if I actually believe this is happening. 

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

bispingthebest
bispingthebest
  • Predictions:  1,055  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  185
  • Post Score: 17

10.11.2014 | 12:43 AM ET

Prediction: Silva  |  Decision

People keep talking about Anderson might be on on the downslide of his career I think the skill is still there and will be for a long time! The only questions I have with Anderson Silva are 1.His Chin 2.His Confidence that's it If those two things are there he can beat any man in the world but I do question if those are there. And im not talking about confidence to throw kicks are none of that soft Im talking about Confidence in him self about the guy who used to hop out to the cage shrugging and rolling his shoulders looking like he was unhuman because the guy who walk out to UFC 168 was not that that was a guy who was scared and had doubt in his mind that guy didn't look like Anderson silva he looked like a guy who was second guessing himself  and I think it showed in the fight and now on to his chin I mean look I don't know man when weidmen  hit him with that shot in the clinch Anderson was almost out but what makes me wonder if he just got caught when he when wasn't expecting it. he just got done throwing a knee and got caught right behind the ear bad spot to get hit  and for those of you who don't think that was hard shot think again look at Weidmen's  face he put some force behind that punch and Anderson went down and survived a flurry of hard ground shots. I don't know I think maybe he just got caught but maybe his chin is suspect now only time will tell. I think what matters in this fight what Anderson shows up pre UFC 162 or post UFC 162

"Win,Lose or Tie NICK DIAZ till I die"

FaceStomper
FaceStomper
  • Predictions:  4,891  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,399
  • Post Score: 224

11.04.2014 | 2:56 PM ET

Prediction: Diaz  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 1

"You fight midgets" - Nate Diaz

Joey Hie
Joey Hie
  • Predictions:  2,259  |  59.1%
  • Forum Posts:  44
  • Post Score: 218

11.04.2014 | 3:13 PM ET

dont be scared homie bahahahahahaha

"You will need a shoe horn to put your hat on when Im done with you."

Mayhem14
Mayhem14
  • Predictions:  778  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  270
  • Post Score: 77

11.30.2014 | 11:15 AM ET

"I don't believe in an eye for an eye, I believe in two eyes for an eye." -Bas Rutten

Twister44
Twister44
  • Predictions:  5,181  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  765
  • Post Score: 231

12.09.2014 | 2:59 AM ET

Prediction: Diaz  |  Decision

I'm saying loud and prod. Nick Diaz takes the decision. You will never hit a home run unless you step inside the batters box. And ladies and gentleman, Nick Diaz is stepping in the box. 

I know its unlikely Diaz will get the win, but i'll be damned if I'm not rooting for the guy all the way. Best of luc kto the 209!

"I am the real Nick Miller"

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

12.09.2014 | 3:53 AM ET

If I didn't love Anderson so much I'd be rooting for Nick ... only because it would set up Diaz/Lawler II whichy intrigues the **** out of me.

But I'm on team Anderson ... always have been, always will be. Even when he fought Chael who I love to bits, I was rooting for Anderson.

Chael Sonnen is god.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Page 5

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Andorra And Brazil Bring Stellar AJP Tournaments To Their Territories
  • MMAFighting.com : New video shows Max Holloway’s instant backstage reaction after legendary Justin Gaethje knockout
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Magomed By KO? Pereira ‘Doesn’t Have A Chin’
  • MMA Mania : Bellator Paris Fight Card, Rumors For Nurmagomedov vs. Shabliy
  • MMA Mania : New Title? McGregor Vs. Chandler ‘Should Be For A Belt’
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 300 reactions: Winning and losing fighters on social media
  • MMA Junkie : Deiveson Figueiredo: 'I deserve to fight for the championship next' after UFC 300
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Should Max Holloway go back to 145 or stay at 155 after BMF title win?
  • MMA Mania : Math! Harrison Proves ‘PFL Champions Can Beat Anyone’
  • Middle Easy : Kayla Harrison Calls For Interim Title Fight with Julianna Pena at UFC 303: ‘I Will Make Myself Available’
  • MMA Junkie : Judges Gonna Judge: Did Arman Tsarukyan deserve UFC 300 nod vs. Charles Oliveira?
  • MMAFighting.com : Jorge Masvidal explains frustration dealing with ‘diva’ Nate Diaz for boxing match
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Praised Max Holloway For Making Elite Fighters “Seem Normal,” Talks Alex Pereira’s Success Without Wrestling Skills
  • Middle Easy : Sean O’Malley Reacts To Max Holloway’s “F*cking Legendary” Knockout Win At UFC 300, Thinks Holloway Should Stay At Lightweight
  • MMA Junkie : Bo Nickal explains callout of Anthony Hernandez at UFC 300: 'I want to start fighting better guys'
  • Middle Easy : Former NFL Star Chad Ochocinco Promises to ‘Thump’ Max Holloway’s Chin in Proposed Sparring Session
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway brought back sparring for UFC 300, says fighting Justin Gaethje ‘like going through the gates of hell’
  • MMA Mania : ‘Iconic’ Holloway ‘Always Been That Good’
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Reacts To Max Holloway’s ‘BMF’ KO At UFC 300, Dubs Justin Gaethje ‘Easy Fight’
  • MMA Junkie : Jiri Prochazka sets sights on another light heavyweight title shot after UFC 300