Topic: Griffin vs. Firmino

Griffin vs. Firmino

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,554  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,506
  • Post Score: 60

06.20.2014 | 3:47 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Griffin vs. Firmino. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

06.20.2014 | 3:47 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Griffin   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Lets go Tyson!

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

benjaminbrandt
benjaminbrandt
  • Predictions:  18,270  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  15,716
  • Post Score: 229

06.21.2014 | 12:11 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Griffin   wrong Decision  

Griffin beats grapplers and loses to strikers, it would appear.

"I have not yet begun to defile myself. "

gunn4206
gunn4206
  • Predictions:  38,849  |  65.7%
  • Forum Posts:  7,834
  • Post Score: 249

06.21.2014 | 12:15 PM ET

i have to go for Tyson here always been a fan . his fights with Guida and sherk were awesome . this is a tough fight hope he can get the W .

"RIP Bill Burgess , RIP CthuluJones"

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,258  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,483
  • Post Score: 203

06.21.2014 | 12:50 PM ET

The Sherk and Guida fights were incredible. So underrrated. 

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

PEACE
PEACE

06.21.2014 | 4:44 PM ET

I graduated with Tyson.

Wonder if he remembers me, heh.  Hope he wins!

"I probably think you're a ****."

thiagosilva9794
thiagosilva9794
  • Predictions:  5,113  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,315
  • Post Score: 142

06.21.2014 | 6:07 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Griffin   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

How long until this fight anyone know?

"I really feel like I'm the most dangerous guy out there" BJ Penn........... UFC on Fox 2 event winner :)

rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,478  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

06.22.2014 | 5:26 PM ET

I picked him to win and he did not.  Looks like he has fallen.  At one time, he was top 5 in the UFC.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

nogfan
nogfan
  • Predictions:  15,253  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,269
  • Post Score: 199

06.22.2014 | 8:07 PM ET

Prediction: correct Firmino   correct Decision  

I have to say for a brazilian with a non-heralded wrestling background Firmino has some of the best wrestling in WSOF. The double legs, high crotch,  cradle, arm drag, and takedown defense was fantastic. Also out-wrestling Volkmann was pretty awesome as well.  Very good fighter and i am excited to see him fight in the future.
PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  31,957  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,972
  • Post Score: 195

06.23.2014 | 12:34 AM ET

Sucks how Tyson has fallen. There was a point where it looked like he had a chance of getting a UFC title shot. His fight with Edgar was one of my favorites and one of the fights that got me into MMA.

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

06.23.2014 | 1:08 AM ET

Prediction: correct Firmino   correct Decision  

Some fighters peak earlier than others. The dude has been fighting since he was 20. Randy Couture was just getting started in his late 30s, some dudes start declining or lose their mojo in their 20s like Joe Daddy and Jamie Varner.

The good thing about peaking early is you still got time to regain momentum. He's only 30. Hopefully, this isn't the end of the line for him.
geezhound
geezhound
  • Predictions:  6,745  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,297
  • Post Score: 193

06.23.2014 | 1:27 AM ET

To say that Tyson has "fallen" is a bit of a stretch. Don't get me wrong, he's definitely in the midst of an extended slump, but at 30 years old, he can still rally and come back with a vengeance.
As was mentioned earlier, his fights with Frankie, Clay and Sherk were fights I can watch over and over, and I can't say that about a lot of fights.
Look at his record for God's sake!! There's not a can or a scrub on the list! I can't think of anyone with a stronger resume at LW. Plus, a few of those losses were pretty damn hard to call. They definitely could've gone either way in a few instances.
I for one certainly hope he pulls it together and gets back on track.

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  31,957  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,972
  • Post Score: 195

06.23.2014 | 11:53 AM ET

That's why Griffin has fallen. He was having competitive fights with the likes of Edgar, Sherk, and Guida but has now lost 6 of his last 8 including getting brutally KOed by Bart Palaszewski, who's not only a worse fighter than any of those but also in a lower weight class. He has had a few questionable decisions, but is still losing to worse fighters than the ones he used to be competitive with or even beat. Don't know how it's arguable that he's been doing badly when he had won 6 of 7 after the Franca fight and now he's lost 6 of 8 since. He can't undo the nasty KOs he took from Gomi and Palaszewski either, and he's with AKA so it doesn't seem like his coaching is a problem. 

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : MMA promotion adds bonus inspired by Max Holloway's UFC 300 knockout, and it's pretty wild
  • MMA Junkie : Daniel Cormier: Michael Chandler 'not driving the sales' in Conor McGregor fight, unlikely to get PPV points
  • Middle Easy : Jake Paul Lays Down $10 Million MMA Challenge to Nate Diaz and Jorge Masvidal: ‘I Want Either One’
  • MMA Mania : Garcia Misses Weight In Latest Circus Stunt
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney vs. Ryan Garcia weigh-in video live now
  • Bad Left Hook : Charlo invokes right to Madrimov title fight
  • Jits Magazine : Free Fight Friday: Renato Canuto vs Damon Morgan
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Diaz sued by Rodney Petersen over 2023 New Orleans street fight
  • MMA Junkie : Nate Diaz sued by 'Not Logan Paul' Rodney Petersen over 2023 New Orleans street fight
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Haney Vs Garcia Official Weigh Ins!
  • MMAFighting.com : Nate Diaz targeted in new Rodney Petersen lawsuit for New Orleans street brawl, Diaz rep responds
  • MMAFighting.com : Ryan Garcia badly misses weight for Devin Haney fight
  • MMAFighting.com : ‘3 pounds is nothing stop crying’: Ryan Garcia, pros react to Garcia missing weight for Devin Haney showdown
  • Bad Left Hook : Ryan Garcia misses weight, will still fight Devin Haney
  • MMA Mania : ‘Half-Mexican’ Costa Is Not A ‘Dirty’ Brazilian!
  • MMAFighting.com : Olympic champ David Taylor says ‘door is open’ for move to MMA; Daniel Cormier tells him ‘stick to wrestling’
  • UFC.com : Steve Erceg Hopes To Open Some Eyes
  • UFC.com : Julian Erosa's Monumental March
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 303 ticket prices: Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler could break promotion's gate record
  • Middle Easy : Max Holloway Snaps Back at Ilia Topuria Over BMF Title Demands: ‘That’s Kind of Un-BMF’