Tapology Forums

UFC 172 Report Card

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Omar 90
Omar 90
  • Predictions:  612  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  20
  • Post Score: -5

04.27.2014 | 8:26 PM ET

http://mmafiends.com/ufc-172-report-card-grades-next-step/

Following a great night of fights check out my UFC 172 report card where I grade each fighter and give suggestions as to where each fighter should go from here. 

Comment and let me know what you think

* Edited at 04.27.2014, 8:27 PM ET *

Responses

amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

04.27.2014 | 10:20 PM ET

Pretty much spot on. The only things I would change are:

I'd give Elliott and Benavidez higher grades. Whenever there's an overwhelming favorite, I feel that some fighters give up before the fight starts. Elliott put his balls to the wall. Maybe a B-. 

I'd give Benavidez an A- because he turned a dangerous position into an advantageous one. ****, I give him an A- just for coming up with the term "Joa Constrictor"

I'd also give Texeira a lower grade for the same reason you gave him a high mark. He kept throwing looping punches even when it was clear that the fight was trending Jon Jones. Shoulda tried to mix it up. We say the definition of insanity is trying something again and again expecting different results. Isn't that what Glover did?

MMAsamurai8
MMAsamurai8
  • Predictions:  1,206  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  152
  • Post Score: 50

04.28.2014 | 1:32 AM ET

I don't think you get a B- for getting tapped out in the first round but maybe you don't get an F because of the strong effort. Glover did prett decent I would give him too bad a grade. Jones looked solid of course. probably the best on the card.

"Be water my freind"

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

04.28.2014 | 4:14 AM ET

Gomi get's and automatic A++ because he's Takanori Gomi.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,254  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,483
  • Post Score: 203

04.28.2014 | 11:35 AM ET

Tim Elliot should be higher. He was having a competitive fight with one of the best Flyweights on the planet. Those ground scrambles were ridiculous. He just got caught in one of those Team Alpha Male guillotines.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

joe kerr
joe kerr
  • Predictions:  241,056  |  68.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,850
  • Post Score: 267

04.28.2014 | 12:04 PM ET

Elliott didn't "just get caught". Joe put him on his back, then improved the position step by step until he could lock it on. Tim knew perfectly well what was going to happen, he just couldn't stop it.

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

04.28.2014 | 1:49 PM ET

Also, Elliott knew he wasn't gonna be able to beat JoeB for 15 minutes. What's the best way to beat a better opponent? Take the fight to them and put them on the defensive. Sometimes the best defense is a good offense. And as the fight goes on, the fighter with the better skills will come out on top. Unless you have some ****** judging.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Exclusive: Belal Muhammad Claims He ‘Hates Leon Edwards’ Guts,’ Hopes To Dethrone The Welterweight King In Manchester
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Says He’s ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, Wants Logan Paul Or Floyd Mayweather Jr In Boxing After Nate Diaz
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Suggests Herb Dean Played a Part in Jamahal Hill’s UFC 300 Loss, ‘Big’ John McCarthy Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway responds to the 'un-BMF' demands from UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Eddie Hearn says things about to get real for Ryan Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Hearn says things about to get real for Garcia
  • MMA Mania : PFL Chicago Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Relive every win of Conor McGregor’s epic UFC career
  • MMA Junkie : Sean Strickland vs. Paulo Costa: Odds and what to know ahead of UFC 302 co-headliner
  • MMA Mania : No Foul Play! ‘The Cutman Used A Boxing Technique’
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 weigh-in video
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 weigh-in video, results
  • MMA Junkie : PFL Chicago fight week vlog 3: Fighters explore the city ahead of fight night
  • MMAFighting.com : Kamaru Usman questions how much Max Holloway’s eye pokes altered outcome of Justin Gaethje fight
  • MMA Junkie : PFL Week 3 predictions: Who are our unanimous picks at welterweight, featherweight in Chicago?
  • MMA Mania : DAZN Leaks Elle Brooke Vs Paige VanZant Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Bo Nickal's response to Khamzat Chimaev's criticism of his UFC 300 win wasn't the best
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 adds several fights to Islam Makhachev vs. Dustin Poirier card
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’m going in there to f— this man up’: Ryan Garcia’s final thoughts on Haney
  • Bad Left Hook : Bill Haney gifts Ryan Garcia ‘Psychology for Dummies’ book