Topic: Daniel Cormier

The DC Era

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

keanuyu
keanuyu
  • Predictions:  1,956  |  57.2%
  • Forum Posts:  17
  • Post Score: -6

04.06.2014 | 2:42 PM ET

It won't matter who the winner in Jones vs Teixera, Jones vs Gus or Teixera vs Gus will be because in the end, FOR SURE, Daniel Cormier will get the belt from them. There will be a new long reigning champ in the Light Heavy Weight Division and I can see Cormier staying there for a good 4-5 years. I'm sure of it.

* Edited at 04.06.2014, 2:43 PM ET *

Daniel "DC" Cormier

Fighter Details

• Name: Daniel Cormier
  • Pro MMA Record: 22-3-0, 1 NC (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: DC
  • Current Streak: 2 Losses
  • Last Fight: August 15, 2020 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Heavyweight | Last Weigh-In: 236.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: American Kickboxing Academy
  • Height: 5'11" (181cm) | Reach: 72.5" (184cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $4,306,500 USD
  • Born: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
  • Fighting out of: San Jose, California
  • College: N/A
  • Foundation Style: Wrestling
  • Head Coach: Bob Cook
  • Other Coaches: N/A
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

04.06.2014 | 2:50 PM ET

Too old to reign over two men such as Gus and.Jones, sorry.

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

TheTnuggs
TheTnuggs
  • Predictions:  2,963  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  667
  • Post Score: 197

04.06.2014 | 4:43 PM ET

I have to agree Nomad, although I do believe he will get the belt, he's 35, and already said he has problems cutting weight from his wrestling days because his kidneys are ******.  He may be able to hang with Gus and Jones for a few more years but not for long, and Honestly DC vs Gus would be a toss-up for me, I have no idea who would win. My heart goes with Gus because of his boxing and his ability to keep his cool when getting blitzed, But DC has that ragdoll wrestling.  all in all dc may be a future champion, but he wont be a future division king. 

"As swift as wind, as silent as forest, as fierce as fire, as unshakeable as mountain"

subexpert
subexpert
  • Predictions:  1,907  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  81
  • Post Score: 143

04.06.2014 | 5:50 PM ET

DC's definitely got the tools to dominate anyone in the division.
AllHailKrull
AllHailKrull
  • Predictions:  1,522  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,672
  • Post Score: 180

04.06.2014 | 6:11 PM ET

I'm pretty confident he beats Jones. Gus not so much.

"People say ‘oh, so you should retire.’ Yeah, you want me to retire so you won’t get knocked out. - Vitor Belfort"

unbeknownst
unbeknownst
  • Predictions:  5,020  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,679
  • Post Score: 208

04.06.2014 | 6:58 PM ET

I don't think DC will fight for 4-5 years more. But I can see him retiring undefeated.

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

Dr3w Cornish
Dr3w Cornish
  • Predictions:  1,642  |  60.7%
  • Forum Posts:  99
  • Post Score: 142

04.07.2014 | 12:16 AM ET

I don't see DC winning the belt unless Jones, Gustafsson, and Davis are all out of the picture. Personally I see him losing to all 3 of them.

" The human brain can subjugate anything, even real pain. -Bruce Lee. The point is the doing of them rather than the accomplishments. There is no actor, but the action; there is no experiencer, but the experience. -Bruce Lee."

Nomad
Nomad

04.07.2014 | 12:53 AM ET

I just don't see what others do in Phil Davis.

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

Brazilian Jitz
Brazilian Jitz
  • Predictions:  3,516  |  61.3%
  • Forum Posts:  6,816
  • Post Score: 211

04.07.2014 | 1:01 AM ET

what would others be doing in Phil Davis?

"Albert Fish... I mean that guy was a real jerk!"

Nomad
Nomad

04.07.2014 | 2:46 AM ET

Hahaha^ love you.

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

04.07.2014 | 3:08 AM ET

Out of all the names what could Phil Davis possibly have for DC? His only advantage over most fighters is his wrestling which he immediately loses against DC. Whoever thinks Davis can beat DC should rewatch his fight with Vinnie. The worst pitter-patter-fest I've seen in my life. That's Davis' striking, a tiny bit better than Vinnie's completely awful striking. 

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Nomad
Nomad

04.07.2014 | 3:50 AM ET

Phil looked awful barely beating Nog too. He caught Gus when he was green, had a decisive loss to Rashad, unimpressive wins over Nog and Vinny then beat up three middleweights in Stann, Boetsch.and Rodney Wallace, may I add not even top 10 Middleweights then had a saga against Wagner Prado....whoever the **** that is. Honestly, Phil Davis just has never impressed me. Rumble is his tallest task since Rashad, but Rumble is one big, unproven X-Factor.

Just ehh, Everyone thinks Phil Davis.lost to Machida except his.mother...Just meh, he's like a really ,.REALLY crappy 205lb GSP.

He cries shout not being in the title picture but he never really does anything to put himself there...he was given a number 1 contenders fight that he lost.

OutlawJoseyWales
OutlawJoseyWales
  • Predictions:  10,186  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,392
  • Post Score: -147

08.15.2016 | 7:02 PM ET

i hope glover beats rumble just so cormier gets a new opponent to fight next. then i would tell jon jones to fight one more fight before you get me. someone like krylov who has looked impressive lately and has cracked the top ten. Krylov is young and dangerous and i could see him pose a few problems for jones. if jones wins then he gets to fight cormier. make him wait CORMIER. that bastard deserves no quarter from the ufc.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 7 months, 1 week, 4 days, 6 hours, and 43 minutes from now.
OutlawJoseyWales
OutlawJoseyWales
  • Predictions:  10,186  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  1,392
  • Post Score: -147

04.26.2017 | 5:52 PM ET

i luv me some Cormier but him making a fight on live tv between whittaker and rockhold is just selfish of him. since no one ever calls out Yoel Romero i would like to see Romero fight cormier and i would put 1000 on Romero to whup his azz and romero would be a sizable dawg betting wise. Peace out. no one at MW calls out Romero FACT. romero moves up to 205 to get the title.

* Edited at 04.26.2017, 5:55 PM ET *

This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 7 months, 1 week, 4 days, 6 hours, and 43 minutes from now.
rappinpapsoda
rappinpapsoda
  • Predictions:  71,478  |  59.8%
  • Forum Posts:  8,601
  • Post Score: 69

04.29.2017 | 10:06 AM ET

Its funny how you mentioned Glover possibly beating Rumble.

"The only thing predictable about MMA is that it is unpredictable."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : PFL Week 3 predictions: Who are our unanimous picks at welterweight, featherweight in Chicago?
  • MMA Mania : DAZN Leaks Elle Brooke Vs Paige VanZant Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Bo Nickal's response to Khamzat Chimaev's criticism of his UFC 300 win wasn't the best
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 adds several fights to Islam Makhachev vs. Dustin Poirier card
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’m going in there to f— this man up’: Ryan Garcia’s final thoughts on Haney
  • Bad Left Hook : Bill Haney gifts Ryan Garcia ‘Psychology for Dummies’ book
  • MMA Junkie : Brennan Ward nostalgic for Bellator, but ready to wreak havoc in $1 million PFL season
  • MMA Mania : Latest UFC 303 Fight Card, PPV lineup
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight: ‘That’s not a tone of a BMF’
  • Middle Easy : Video – Drunk ‘Karen’ Tries to Pick a Fight with UFC Flyweight Star Maycee Barber
  • Middle Easy : UFC’s Bo Nickal Claps Back At Khamzat Chimaev, Vows To ‘Rag Doll’ Undefeated Star In Future Fight
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Declines Jamahal Hill’s Challenge: ‘I’d Like to Fight for the Title’
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Declines Jamahal Hill’s Challenge : ‘I’d Like to Fight for the Title’
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping explains why Sean Strickland has 'significant advantage' vs. Paulo Costa at UFC 302
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia press conference video
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia press conference video live now
  • Middle Easy : T.J. Dillashaw Confident Jon Jones Would ‘Easily’ Outwrestle Alex Pereira in Potential Heavyweight Clash
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Haney Vs Garcia Press Conference Video!
  • MMA Junkie : Robert Whittaker: Bo Nickal has 'some work to do' before he's ready for top-10 fights
  • UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | Arman Tsarukyan & Renato Moicano Talk Wins At UFC 300