Topic: UFC Fight Night

So they need to get their naming system down

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,476  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,786
  • Post Score: 180

03.26.2014 | 6:35 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 495 Points   |   Tied for 550th

As reported by several sites and updated on the tapology fight card, Elias Silverio vs. Ernest Chavez & Edimilson Souza vs. Mark Eddiva were just added to this card but they referred to it as Fight Night 42 while the Albuquerque card was referred to as Fight Night 43 to which they added John Dodson vs. John Moraga & Sergio Pettis vs. Yaotzin Meza.

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 05.31.2014 at 10:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Fox Sports 1 | Prelims: UFC Fight Pass
  • Name: UFC Fight Night: Miocic vs. Maldonado
  • Also Known As: TUF Brazil 3 Finale
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Zuffa, LLC
  • Venue: Ibirapuera Gymnasium
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Brian Stann
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Jon Anik
  • Attendance: 8,986
  • TV Ratings: 609,000 avg. viewers (590k Prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Stipe Miocic   defeats   Fábio Maldonado   via KO/TKO, Punches   0:35 Round 1 of 5 Bout Page
Antônio Carlos Júnior   defeats   Vitor Miranda   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Warlley Alves   defeats   Marcio Alexandre Jr.   via Submission, Guillotine Choke   0:25 Round 3 of 3, 10:25 Total Bout Page
Demian Maia   defeats   Alexander Yakovlev   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Robbie Peralta   defeats   Rony Jason   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Rashid Magomedov   defeats   Rodrigo Damm   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Elias Silvério   defeats   Ernest Chavez   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   4:21 Round 3 of 3, 14:21 Total Bout Page
Gasan Umalatov   defeats   Paulo Thiago   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Edimilson Souza   defeats   Mark Eddiva   via KO/TKO, Punches   4:52 Round 2 of 3, 9:52 Total Bout Page
Ricardo Abreu   defeats   Wagner Silva   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   1:06 Round 2 of 3, 6:06 Total Bout Page
Marcos Rogério de Lima   defeats   Richardson Moreira   via KO/TKO, Punches   0:20 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Pedro Munhoz   defeats   Matt Hobar   via KO/TKO, Punches   2:47 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,561
  • Post Score: 275

03.26.2014 | 9:02 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 630 Points   |   Tied for 75th

It has been pretty confusing, we haven't been sure what to name some of these.

"I live, I die, I live again."

giosanti
giosanti
  • Predictions:  1,464  |  66.1%
  • Forum Posts:  340
  • Post Score: 131

03.26.2014 | 10:15 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 465 Points   |   Tied for 650th

Yeah it's because of the foreign TUF finale events.

The TUF Brazil finale fights were on UFC 147, the TUF Brazil 2 finale fights were on a numbered Fuel event, the TUF Smashes fights were on a numbered FX event, and then there was confusion or disagreement or something over the TUF China, TUF Nations, and TUF Brazil 3 events and they've never been considered numbered Fight Night events. UFC referred to the TUF China finale as "Fight Night: Kim vs. Hathaway", they referred to the TUF Nations finale as "Fight Night: Bisping vs. Kennedy" before changing it to just "TUF Nations Finale", and they're calling the TUF Brazil 3 finale "Fight Night: Sonnen vs. Wanderlei", so they've been inconsistent too.

Regarding the numbering, UFC doesn't even use them anymore. And that's probably for the best now that there are 2-3 FN events per month, with that number possibly on the rise, and they all take place in different cities. Back before 2008 the numbering was more useful in differentiating the events because they mostly took place just in Vegas, but now they go all over the place, and they're shown on different days of the week, at different times, and on different networks in different countries, including FightPass. Now's a good time to just stop with the numbering, though I don't think it will.

* Edited at 03.26.2014, 10:16 PM ET *

"I'm what counts out here. You only exist out here because of me."

ED209
ED209
  • Predictions:  7,297  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  3,437
  • Post Score: 213

03.26.2014 | 10:42 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 450 Points   |   Tied for 686th

I hope they go back to making up action movie style names for ppvs

"30-26 Tim Boetsch"

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,561
  • Post Score: 275

03.26.2014 | 10:44 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 630 Points   |   Tied for 75th

Gio is right but we (and other sites) still like numbering them in the database, it helps the hardcore fans keep track of things.

"I live, I die, I live again."

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

03.27.2014 | 5:58 AM ET

Predictions: 9 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 550 Points   |   Tied for 347th

One thing's for sure, this card (which I have listed as UFN 42 in my lists) is turning into one of those Brazilian feeder cards to make the Brazilian crowd happy. I see the 3 fights outside the main event as heavily in favour of the Brazilian dude. 

Maybe it's to get them as happy as they can in so **** doesn't go down when Chael beats Wand, maybe it's because the Brazilians haven't been totally dominating the Brazil cards like they did at the start or maybe it's just me being ignorant and these fights are actually closer than I think.

I don't like it when they do that, but I can understand the business in it ... in general Brazilians fans like Brazilian wins, they don't care if it was a fair fight or not ...

* Edited at 03.27.2014, 6:00 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

mulefloyd
mulefloyd

04.01.2014 | 1:45 PM ET

I've been thinking about this numbering system and while UFC.com doesn't include numbers for any of the Fight Night or TUF finales, my suggestion would be to go back and start numbering the cards that are on TV as Fight Nights starting with Rockhold vs. Philippou as FN 34 and the events that are only on Fight Pass as FP events so Saffiedine vs. Lim would be FP 1. 

I tried to go to the UFC forums to suggest this there but nothing worked.

Is this a fair numbering system? Am I being too American centric? 

mulefloyd
mulefloyd

04.09.2014 | 9:54 AM ET

According to MMAfighting, they added Wilson Reis vs. Pedro Munhoz as well.

mulefloyd
mulefloyd

04.12.2014 | 11:32 AM ET

Hmm, just went to Sherdog to read their "Matches to Make After..." article and they referred to the Abu Dhabi event as Fight Night 40.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings
  • MMA Junkie : Former UFC champion Cain Velasquez gets trial date in attempted murder case
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Love Dana White. There’s No Issues’