Topic: Brandão vs. Chope

Brandao vs. Chope

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,552  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,505
  • Post Score: 60

02.19.2014 | 6:29 PM ET

Prediction: Brandão  |  Decision

This is the official discussion thread for Brandao vs. Chope. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses

foley4ever87
foley4ever87
  • Predictions:  7,048  |  60.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,092
  • Post Score: 86

02.19.2014 | 6:29 PM ET

Prediction: Brandão  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 1

Brandao will do his typical come on strong in the first round and probably secure that KO.

" Stephen Quadros: "How long have you had that mustache?" Don Frye: "Since I was 5. I got it from my mom's side of the family. She's not a pretty woman.""

dielegende23
dielegende23
  • Predictions:  20,775  |  71.5%
  • Forum Posts:  7,907
  • Post Score: 268

03.17.2014 | 9:09 AM ET

Prediction: Brandão  |  Submission  |  Round 1

Submission via PSN round 1. (PEN STAPPING to the NECK, in case you were wondering)

" I feel like Davy Crockett on the walls of the Alamo, swinging Old Betsy as the enemy swarmed in with bayonets. Sheesh. Listen you young punks....." - Bill Burgess

gunn4206
gunn4206
  • Predictions:  38,771  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,834
  • Post Score: 249

03.17.2014 | 10:07 AM ET

Last time Brandao fought a Tall FW he looked pretty good .

"RIP Bill Burgess , RIP CthuluJones"

slamdistraction
slamdistraction
  • Predictions:  702  |  61.0%
  • Forum Posts:  249
  • Post Score: 117

03.17.2014 | 2:26 PM ET

Chope is too tall for FW, I think. He's got no strength in that frame.

"Beating people up is a positive thing –Tank Abbott"

nogfan
nogfan
  • Predictions:  15,253  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,269
  • Post Score: 199

03.17.2014 | 3:04 PM ET

Brandao is short enough for FW.  He has plenty of fat on his frame.
ACFMMA
ACFMMA

03.17.2014 | 3:09 PM ET

I dont think its chopes frame. I think the guy just isnt very good. I think he would struggle even in smaller promotions like legacy,titan,mfc ect...

I think brandao can actually make BW if he seriously comitted to it. Needs to shed those belly pounds, eat right, work on cardio. He would be a beast at BW, might not get a title shot with huge guys like faber or assuncao or improving wrestlers like dillashaw tho. But he can do some damage, espcially to wrestler who train with bang and all of a sudden think they are k1 fighters (looking at dillashaw). And man if lineker cant make flyweight and is forced to move to BW, diego vs lineker could be a complete and brutal slugfest. Even though brandao has gotten smartr and used his bjj more.

* Edited at 03.17.2014, 3:17 PM ET *

Howardinlasvegas
Howardinlasvegas
  • Predictions:  2,028  |  61.7%
  • Forum Posts:  6
  • Post Score: 17

03.20.2014 | 8:29 AM ET

Prediction: Brandão  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 2

k
FresnoMMA
FresnoMMA
  • Predictions:  54,320  |  68.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,431
  • Post Score: 204

03.22.2014 | 3:24 PM ET

Brandao looks way better this time at the weigh ins.  Last weigh in he looked really bloated, this time he weighed in ripped at 144.  I was thinking I could get this upset, but Chope looks terrible, not sure what I expected though out of a 6'4" featherweight.
Dr3w Cornish
Dr3w Cornish
  • Predictions:  1,642  |  60.7%
  • Forum Posts:  99
  • Post Score: 142

03.22.2014 | 7:44 PM ET

Prediction: Chope  |  Decision

I havent liked Brandao since he was on TUF. He was a jerk then, he's still a jerk. What kind of "professional" fighter threatens to stab his opponent? 

* Edited at 03.22.2014, 7:51 PM ET *

" The human brain can subjugate anything, even real pain. -Bruce Lee. The point is the doing of them rather than the accomplishments. There is no actor, but the action; there is no experiencer, but the experience. -Bruce Lee."

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,254  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,483
  • Post Score: 203

03.22.2014 | 9:15 PM ET

Will Chope got kicked out of the air force for beating the **** out of his wife and threatening her with a knife. He's all about that Jesus, though. This is acceptable.. but making a racist joke when you're 17 isn't. ******* jokes.

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

03.22.2014 | 9:36 PM ET

Sounds about right, Jesus whipped people with a scourge in the bible.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 2 weeks, 5 days, 2 hours, and 4 minutes from now.
ED209
ED209
  • Predictions:  7,297  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  3,437
  • Post Score: 213

03.22.2014 | 9:53 PM ET

Christian Discipline.

lol check this out

* Edited at 03.22.2014, 9:55 PM ET *

"30-26 Tim Boetsch"

TheTnuggs
TheTnuggs
  • Predictions:  2,963  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  667
  • Post Score: 197

03.23.2014 | 5:46 AM ET

WHAT THE ACTUALLY **** AM I READING...

"He feels like I could have handled a lot more then I did, so for future punishments he says he will do worse. As the spanks landed I truly felt like I could take no more, but within seconds I felt we could continue."

" We care not for censorship; rather, we prefer to provide various points of view regarding CDD."

"What Topics do we not Discuss?

1, Non-Consensual CDD:

We do not condone truly nonconsensual CDD. See this article regarding "Non-Consensual Consent" for more information.

2, Spanking of Children:

We shall leave this to other blokes to argue over elsewhere. It shall not be discussed here in any depth.

3, Eroticism:

Whilst we recognise by its very nature this can be an erotic subject, we will keep this website as clean and wholesome as possible. However, we will not seek to deny the erotic nature of some CDD marriages as we believe it is a natural consequence of following God's plan. After all, He created eroticism and sexuality to be enjoyed within the healthy, safe, and exclusive boundaries of marriage.

4, Things What God Defines as Evil:

Though some in today's culture may call CDD an "alternate lifestyle", the Bible gives no clear command either way. Marital discipline is neither commanded nor condemned in Scripture. However, God's word clearly defines some other "alternate lifestyles", such as ****sexuality, as evil. If you don't like it, there are plenty of other sites. We will not accept posts glorifying such lifestyles. We are here to glorify God, not to be politically correct or lauded by the masses.
Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Matt. 7:13, 14

5, Other Topics:

We do not discuss ****sexual relationships, Female Dominant/male submissive relationships, or BDSM. This is not a dating service, nor do we list personal advertisments. We are not interested in your bratting escapades. If that is what you seek, you will find many places on the internet to fulfill your desires. However, this website shall not be that place"

"In CDD, the husband has authority to discipline the wife. The wife does not have authority to discipline her husband"

"Maintenance discipline is a practice of giving your wife regular spankings to maintain her proper behavior and attitude"

"A maintenance spanking will also give your wife the much needed stress relief that has built up since her last punishment spanking, allowing her tears to flow hence relieving her stress."

this ****s hilarious

"As swift as wind, as silent as forest, as fierce as fire, as unshakeable as mountain"

psychicdeath
psychicdeath
  • Predictions:  38,296  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  3,198
  • Post Score: 261

03.23.2014 | 6:16 AM ET

Brandao threatened to stab Poirier.  Chope threatened to stab his wife.

KNIFE FIGHT!

"I shall not cause harm to any vehicle nor the personal contents thereof, nor through inaction let that vehicle or the personal contents thereof come to harm. It's what I call the Repo Code, kid. "

2kTweeK
2kTweeK
  • Predictions:  6,520  |  62.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,103
  • Post Score: 141

03.23.2014 | 6:23 AM ET

Prediction: Chope  |  KO/TKO  |  Round 1

i think diego threatened with a pen lol
yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

03.23.2014 | 6:49 AM ET

PEN FIGHT!

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

gunn4206
gunn4206
  • Predictions:  38,771  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,834
  • Post Score: 249

03.23.2014 | 6:57 AM ET

i actually agree with Tacos for once . so stupid they sign Manuwa , Abel and Chope but oh no we can't sign a kid who has great potential just cause he said the N word when he was 17 ****** years old so stupid ..

"RIP Bill Burgess , RIP CthuluJones"

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

03.23.2014 | 7:18 AM ET

Yup, they're a bit here and there on those things ... they "make a point" with fighters they deem expendable and then Forrest Griffin (at the height of his popularity) can make **** jokes and crickets come out of the UFC offices.

Diego Brandao can miss weight every other fight and threaten to stab a fellow fighter with a pen and life's dandy ... good thing at least Poirier had something to day about it ...

Hopefully Manawaroa is as good as advertised and will end up in the UFC eventually, though it's hard to stay on track fighting in the Auzzie regionals ... he doesn't strike me as the most disciplined of folks.

I think it's their prerogative as a private-owned company, but at least if that's the case they shouldn't parade those cuts as "look at us and our rules of conduct" and put the honest "you're not one of those that are worth us dealing with bad press over" label on it.

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,254  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,483
  • Post Score: 203

03.23.2014 | 9:38 AM ET

Fight's cancelled. Apparently Chope has also been cut.

https://twitter.com/MikeChiappetta/status/447726273079816193

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

03.23.2014 | 9:46 AM ET

This is beyond ******** if true. Let the fight happen and then cut the guy win or lose. Don't rip the fans and Diego off by not letting the fight happen. 
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 6 months, 1 day, 22 hours, and 8 minutes from now.

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Video: Nate Diaz, Jorge Masvidal face off in front of rowdy Miami crowd
  • Bad Left Hook : Zayas vs Teixeira headlines June 8 ESPN show in New York
  • MMA Junkie : Ben Askren: Jamahal Hill's ego 'put him in harm's way' vs. Alex Pereira at UFC 300
  • MMA Mania : ‘F—k It!’ PFL Steroid Gate Result Of ‘Chance To Gain Financial Stability’
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 303 adds 2 more fights for Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler card
  • UFC.com : Where We Stand: Women's Strawweight Division | April 2024
  • UFC.com : All Of Conor McGregor's UFC Wins
  • MMAFighting.com : Diaz vs. Masvidal Miami press conference video
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch The MMA Hour with Topuria, Chandler, Nickal, Prochazka, De La Hoya in studio, Perry, and Xiaonan now
  • MMA Junkie : Alexander Volkanovski: UFC 300 proved Max Holloway never lost it, has 'always been that good'
  • MMA Mania : Sterling ‘Was Probably Done’ With A Loss At UFC 300
  • MMA Junkie : Video replay: Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal Miami press conference
  • MMA Junkie : Video: Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal Miami press conference live stream (6:30 p.m. ET)
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry claims Darren Till turned down ‘over $2 million’ offer to fight him: ‘What is he doing?’ 
  • UFC.com : The Evolution Of The Third Street Savage | UFC FIGHT PASS
  • UFC.com : UFC 300: Pereira Vs. Hill: The Numbers Behind The Record-Breaking Success
  • Middle Easy : Ilia Topuria Unimpressed by Max Holloway’s Viral UFC 300 KO, Demands to Fight for the BMF Title
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Chandler: 'Beatdown of biblical proportions' will retire Conor McGregor at UFC 303
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Louisville official for June at KFC Yum! Center
  • MMA Mania : Usman: ‘Legit Eye Pokes’ Helped Holloway ‘Alter The Outcome’