Topic: Cerrone vs. Barboza

Donald Cerrone vs. Edson Barboza at UFC on FOX 11

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

02.03.2014 | 5:54 PM ET

Prediction: correct Cerrone   wrong Decision  

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

Responses Page 2

DelRose
DelRose

02.04.2014 | 7:57 AM ET

Prediction: correct Cerrone   wrong KO/TKO   correct Round 1  

Its like fighting Varner all over again, Cowboy got this.

"That hole is tighter than a nuns nasty"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

02.04.2014 | 6:51 PM ET

Prediction: correct Cerrone   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Aldo/Pettis Lite? Dafuqq?

Edson Barboza doesn't have a boxing game and while his kicks are some of the hardest in the game, he fails to set them up as proficiently as Donald Cerrone. Barboza is light.

"الله أكبرl"

hatredincarnate27
hatredincarnate27
  • Predictions:  3,549  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: 200

02.04.2014 | 9:02 PM ET

Sick fight! I do see Cerrone giving Barboza fits due to a questionable chin. He was getting jacked up my Castillo (whos not known for his striking) and got KO'd by Varner (who also isn't a great striker). The main question is to how slow does Cowboy start? If he starts off slow, he could get TKO'd pretty early due to body kicks. If he comes in firing those guns off like he did against Dunham, it will be a short night for Barboza.
Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

02.04.2014 | 9:08 PM ET

Actually Varner a pretty good striker. He has good boxing and leg kicks. His problem is more mental. He normally winning the fights he loses, he just seems mistake prong more then anything, but he a pretty good striker.

"here I come to save the day"

hatredincarnate27
hatredincarnate27
  • Predictions:  3,549  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: 200

02.04.2014 | 10:25 PM ET

I didn't say he was a bad striker, just that he isn't anywhere near Cowboys level. Barboza just has a rough time with guys walking forward at him. Seems like his entire game is completely negated once you are walking him down.
mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

02.08.2014 | 9:18 AM ET

Pretty even fight. I would have liked Cerrone vs Diaz part II but this is probably more fun.

I like how Cerrone is throwing in takedowns now, also his ground game is miles ahead of Edson.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 4 months, 1 week, 16 hours, and 45 minutes from now.
Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

02.08.2014 | 9:41 AM ET

Both these guys get hit way too much, people like to call them "the.best strikers"'because they're uneducated and only.see offense but man....both these guys get hit too much. Barboza has a.bad chin but also hits a lot harder than Cerrone...Martins landed quite a.few big shots before.Cerrone snapped the high kick. Cerrone and Barboza also don't change levels or work out.of many ranges, actually they both prefer staying at mid range with limited body movement...Gotta go with Cerrone, Barbozas chin and lack of grappling make it the right pick. I think Barboza is an amazing athlete but not a smart one. He throws.beast.spinning back and hook kicks but I don't think Ive ever seen him set one or put it in a.combination, he just throws them. Cung Le is a good example in how to set up and work off of such techniques. Barboza has really strong hips though,.Cerrone might.not be able to get the takedown when/if he needs it, if he can walk Barboxa down and then mix it up, he will be able to get it though.

* Edited at 02.08.2014, 9:45 AM ET *

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

jonnyboy6969
jonnyboy6969
  • Predictions:  91,727  |  67.6%
  • Forum Posts:  401
  • Post Score: 225

02.09.2014 | 6:09 PM ET

This one could be a FOTY candidate.

I hope Cowboy decides to keep this fight standing and give us a chance to see a historic stand up war.

"Fortune favors the bold."

edwinx1903
edwinx1903
  • Predictions:  1,280  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,039
  • Post Score: 245

02.09.2014 | 6:15 PM ET

Historic stand up war?

If Cerrone keeps this standing Barboza's going to turn his thighs purple and black.
jonnyboy6969
jonnyboy6969
  • Predictions:  91,727  |  67.6%
  • Forum Posts:  401
  • Post Score: 225

02.09.2014 | 6:37 PM ET

@grizzlyedwin I think it'd be a phenomenal stand up fight. I didn't say Cowboy would win the fight

That said, I do believe Cowboy will win the fight and win the striking battle. If Varner can rock and finish Barboza I can imagine what Cowboy will do to him. As long as cowboy's aggressive and doesn't eat too many leg kicks early he should be able to land some big shots on the feet. Hes much better than Barboza everywhere else. Striking may be the only edge Barboza has in this one.

"Fortune favors the bold."

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,457  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

02.09.2014 | 6:52 PM ET

Prediction: correct Cerrone   correct Submission   correct Round 1  

Only advantage I see Barboza having is leg kicks, Cerrone has a much more diverse striking attack and is leagues better on the ground. Only problem is Cowboy can be erratic, if he comes in like his last 2 fights though and manages to not get curbstomped by a horse before the fight I think he will get the finish.

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

02.09.2014 | 7:28 PM ET

Prediction: correct Cerrone   correct Submission   wrong Round 2  

Think Cowboy's got the better boxing game, I think that'll show in this fight. Cerrone's quite a bit better on the mat too.

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• UFC.com : Weigh-In Results | UFC Atlantic City
  • The Athletic : UFC featherweight champion Ilia Topuria says title fight at Santiago Bernabéu Stadium ‘very, very, very possible’
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! ‘Regretful’ Biter Breaks Silence
  • MMA Mania : An Elite Contender With Only One Combo
  • MMA Mania : ‘Come Over Here Real Quick, Win A Belt, Maybe Win Another Belt’
  • Middle Easy : Conor McGregor Plans To Continue Fighting Until He’s ‘In The F*cking Grave,’ Wants To Face Similar-Aged Opponents
  • Middle Easy : Khalil Rountree Jr Claims Fans Want To See Him Fight Alex Pereira, Doesn’t Care If Pereira Is Champion
  • MMAFighting.com : Vince McMahon unloads another $100 million of TKO Group Holdings stock
  • MMA Junkie : 'That's not who I am': Igor Severino apologizes for bite, hopes one mistake doesn't define career
  • MMA Mania : ‘A Big Spit In The Face Of All The Champions’
  • MMAFighting.com : Payton Talbott rejects Sean O’Malley comparisons after UFC Vegas 89: ‘I don’t want to be compared’
  • UFC.com : Joaquin Buckley: ‘This Is The Reason I’m Here’
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tszyu willing to face Spence next, talks fight with Fundora
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’d love that fight’: Tim Tszyu willing to face Errol Spence next, talks fight with Sebastian Fundora
  • MMA Junkie : 'Super happy' PFL season newcomer Mads Burnell explains excitement for fight schedule, new weight class
  • MMAFighting.com : Conor McGregor scoffs at retirement: ‘It’s to the motherf****** grave’
  • MMA Mania : Whittaker: Chimaev Fight ‘Came Out Of Nowhere’
  • MMA Junkie : Why 2022 PFL welterweight champ Sadibou Sy moved to light heavyweight for upcoming season
  • MMAFighting.com : Robert Whittaker reacts to Khamzat Chimaev fight at UFC Saudi Arabia: ‘It’s a bit of a shock’
  • MMA Mania : GSP ‘Would Have Put Khabib Down’