Tapology Forums

UFC UFN 36 underdogs

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Dylman_12
Dylman_12
  • Predictions:  1,077  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: 250

02.03.2014 | 4:26 PM ET

When predicting fights I usually like to pick two or three underdogs per event just based on a gut feeling. While picking the winners for this event I noticed none of the dogs really caught my eye...

I was just wondering who you guys think would be a few fighters that could pull off the "upset" if you want to call it that.

"To be the man, you have to beat the man."

Responses

FresnoMMA
FresnoMMA
  • Predictions:  54,494  |  68.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,431
  • Post Score: 204

02.03.2014 | 4:37 PM ET

I have Musoke, Ronson, Marcello, and Arantes all getting the underdog win.  I think that Tuhugov has a good chance of upsetting Tavares.
michigandolphin
michigandolphin
  • Predictions:  25,001  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,973
  • Post Score: 261

02.03.2014 | 4:53 PM ET

I've got Tuhugov and Arantes.

"Frig off, bud"

Begood2
Begood2
  • Predictions:  654  |  66.1%
  • Forum Posts:  59
  • Post Score: 146

02.03.2014 | 5:08 PM ET

Never bet based on gut feeling. 

Sato is a decent underdog bet. Defended his his King of Pancrase title 6 times. I wouldn't parlay him. Just a single.

Will I pick him on tapology? I'll decide on the day of the event

"Fugazy, fugasi, it’s a wazi it’s a woozy, it’s fairy dust. "

amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

02.03.2014 | 5:16 PM ET

If you're gonna bet on an underdog, I highly recommend not using that pick in a parlay. 

One idea is to have 2 parlays. One without underdogs to make your money and a separate one where you put the dogs in, but bet low. You win that parlay, you hit the jackpot. You lose, you only lost a little money.
Begood2
Begood2
  • Predictions:  654  |  66.1%
  • Forum Posts:  59
  • Post Score: 146

02.03.2014 | 5:22 PM ET

Good advice

"Fugazy, fugasi, it’s a wazi it’s a woozy, it’s fairy dust. "

Live2wrestle
Live2wrestle
  • Predictions:  22,473  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  11,857
  • Post Score: 236

02.03.2014 | 5:52 PM ET

Mousasi, Damm, and Reis have the best chances. I will probably pick Sato just because he's ******* awesome and I would feel like a **** fan if I dont pick him and he does pull off the massive upset but I don't see him having very good chances against Silva.

"She be curvin all the locals, must like foreigns and this is when I had the Martin, I was just like Lawrence so wassup"

flying_frontkick
flying_frontkick
  • Predictions:  9,727  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,777
  • Post Score: 273

02.03.2014 | 6:22 PM ET

I agree with @FresnoMMA that Musoke, Ronson, Marcello and Arantes all have a chance to take those fights. I'll be going with Musoke and Ronson. Arantes most likely because I'm 0-3 picking Blanco in all 3 of those losses.

"For no particular reason beat up everyone"

Dylman_12
Dylman_12
  • Predictions:  1,077  |  62.0%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: 250

02.08.2014 | 3:31 PM ET

whoa guys, I never mentioned the word "bet", this is just all for fun on tapology. I'm too cheap to risk losing money, haha. Thanks for the responses though guys, I appreciate the advice!

"To be the man, you have to beat the man."

michigandolphin
michigandolphin
  • Predictions:  25,001  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,973
  • Post Score: 261

02.08.2014 | 8:46 PM ET

think I'm going to take Reis too. 

"Frig off, bud"

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

02.08.2014 | 8:52 PM ET

Reis is going to get ******* smashed, if you want a good underdog bet Ildemar should hav a great chance.agaknst the Ruskie.

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : ADXC 4: Ffion Davies And Morgan Black Face Each Other In The Grappling Co-Main Event
  • Jits Magazine : Stacked Tournaments Confirmed For Midwest Finishers 18
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 Results: Koreshkov vs. Umalatov
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: ‘I Decide Who, When, And Where’
  • MMA Mania : Muhammad Goes Off On Edwards And ‘Fakest Team I’ve Ever Seen’
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia has skill set to compete with Devin Haney. Does he have mindset?
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight; Topuria responds
  • MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo: Bo Nickal needs to hold his horses, 'maybe 10 fights away from possibly becoming UFC champion'
  • MMA Mania : Frenemies? ‘I Hate To See A Fighter Lose His Confidence’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 weigh-in results: Welterweights, featherweights set in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : ‘When I Was Your Age, I Already Had Title Defenses, Buddy’
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia fight card
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Belal Muhammad Claims He ‘Hates Leon Edwards’ Guts,’ Hopes To Dethrone The Welterweight King In Manchester
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Says He’s ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, Wants Logan Paul Or Floyd Mayweather Jr In Boxing After Nate Diaz
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Suggests Herb Dean Played a Part in Jamahal Hill’s UFC 300 Loss, ‘Big’ John McCarthy Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway responds to the 'un-BMF' demands from UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Eddie Hearn says things about to get real for Ryan Garcia
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Hearn says things about to get real for Garcia
  • MMA Mania : PFL Chicago Weigh Ins Results, Staredowns!
  • MMAFighting.com : Video: Relive every win of Conor McGregor’s epic UFC career