Topic: UFC 169

Disappointing Judges calls at UFC 169.

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

FWPG
FWPG
  • Predictions:  2,148  |  55.2%
  • Forum Posts:  25
  • Post Score: -20

02.02.2014 | 4:41 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 300 Points   |   Tied for 1421st

Those were such a terrible calls by the judges on Makdessi and Watson, they both got robbed. Although I wanted Cariaso to win I think he lost that match. It was very close but unfortunately Martinez was robbed of the win, it was just a bad call by the judges all around. And lets not talk about the quick stoppage by Herb Dean, He was doing his job bad those strikes were all being blocked very well by Faber and given a bit of time he could have stood up and continued. When in that position you just have to Block and wait till your opponent stop, changes his attack or slows down, you need that opening to explode out and/or move. I think a rematch is due for Lamas, Faber, Makdessi, Watson; Lamas was outstanding but he needed to do more in the earlier rounds. Over all good match, looking forward to Lamas vs Aldo II probably at the end of the year, somewhere between November to December.

Keep an eye out for Neil Magny and Clint Hester these two keep improving every match. Al Iaquinta vs Kevin Lee, wow what a match, those two went to war, great match. Jamie Varner vs Abel Trujillo talk about match of the night it was a war from start to finish. Varner should have taken the time to compose him self and stayed away from brawling like he did. He had Trujillo in all sort of trouble but got careless and got caugth. Trujillo is a big and powerful fighter for 155 Lbs, he has one punch knockout power, so was it was a terrible choice by Varner, sure made for a great finish and match though.

As for Overeem vs Mir, Mir needs to take some time off to get his head straight and decide if he wants to keep fighting. He just hasn't been there mentally for his last 3 matches. He was doing very well against Daniel Cormier on the stand up, then he just quit mentally shut down and has been like that since that match. Before that he was terribly beaten and battered by Junior Dos Santos, so who knows he might have some head, psychological trauma or other things outside of the ring that he has to deal with first before coming back. We will have to wait and see what hes future holds for Frank Mir.

* Edited at 02.02.2014, 5:14 PM ET *

UFC 169
  • Saturday 02.01.2014 at 10:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: Pay Per View | Prelims: Fox Sports 1
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Zuffa, LLC
  • Venue: Prudential Center
  • Enclosure: Cage
  • TV Announcers: Mike Goldberg, Joe Rogan
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Joe Rogan
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $1,651,000
  • Attendance: 14,308
  • PPV Buys / Buyrate: 230,000 | TV Ratings: 933,000 avg. viewers (FS1 prelims)
  • MMA Bouts: 12
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Renan Barão   defeats   Urijah Faber   via KO/TKO, Punches   3:42 Round 1 of 5 Bout Page
José Aldo   defeats   Ricardo Lamas   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Alistair Overeem   defeats   Frank Mir   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Ali Bagautinov   defeats   John Lineker   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Abel Trujillo   defeats   Jamie Varner   via KO/TKO, Punch   2:32 Round 2 of 3, 7:32 Total Bout Page
Alan Patrick   defeats   John Makdessi   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Chris Cariaso   defeats   Danny Martinez   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Nick Catone   defeats   Tom Watson   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Al Iaquinta   defeats   Kevin Lee   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Clint Hester   defeats   Andy Enz   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Rashid Magomedov   defeats   Anthony Rocco Martin   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Neil Magny   defeats   Gasan Umalatov   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 2

MikeLovesTacos XD
MikeLovesTacos XD
  • Predictions:  30,326  |  59.3%
  • Forum Posts:  22,484
  • Post Score: 203

02.03.2014 | 12:27 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 1204th

Also, nomad is so smart he said Chinzo Machida is a top 20 LW. Def. one of the sharpest around. DEFINITELY!

"Why are you booing me? I am the GOAT. **** you." - Patricio "Pitbull" Freire

zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

02.03.2014 | 12:28 PM ET

Predictions: 6 of 12 Winners, 2 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 1290th

Mike, do yourself a service and stop trying to defend yourself. I did enough of that for you and now you're making me look bad.

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

2 Nyce
2 Nyce
  • Predictions:  19,158  |  59.6%
  • Forum Posts:  2,852
  • Post Score: 214

02.03.2014 | 12:28 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 3 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 956th

I like you mike, but he didn't say that.
curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

02.03.2014 | 12:32 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 12 Winners, 1 Perfect, 375 Points   |   Tied for 1204th

Cinzo is GOAT he has that dragon blood in him. Soon he will be fighting to controversal split DEC victory's using his karate

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Jits Magazine : Elijah Dorsey To Challenge Max Hanson For Welterweight Title At Enigma Invitational 15
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: Buckley Lands UFC St. Louis Co-Main Vs. Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : UFC Vegas 91 Odds, Under Dogs And Best Bets!
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Just continue being the best’: Crawford looks forward to upcoming title fight with Madrimov
  • MMA Mania : Doumbe Gets New Opponent For Bellator Paris
  • MMA Junkie : Terence Crawford vs. Israil Madrimov official; Isaac Cruz, Andy Ruiz Jr. on undercard
  • Middle Easy : Chris Weidman Compares Alex Pereira’s Wrestling To Ben Askren’s Striking: ‘Such A Deficiency’
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Would Step In The Fire With Pereira And He Knows That’
  • MMA Junkie : Matheus Nicolau done with Manel Kape bookings, focused on title shot after UFC on ESPN 55 headliner
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight card: Perry vs. Alves
  • Middle Easy : ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone Tears Bicep ‘Off the Bone’ While Preparing to Ride Dana White’s Prized Bull
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Spann claims he hasn't watched tape on Bogdan Guskov ahead of UFC on ESPN 55 co-main bout
  • MMA Mania : Keep $300K Bonuses! ‘It Can’t Go Back’
  • MMAFighting.com : Joaquin Buckley vs. Nursulton Ruziboev announced for UFC St. Louis co-headliner
  • MMA Junkie : Joaquin Buckley gets UFC on ESPN 56 co-main assignment vs. Nursulton Ruziboev
  • MMA Mania : Pereira = ... Askren? ‘It’s Weird To See’
  • MMAFighting.com : Cain Velasquez attempted murder trial set to begin in September
  • MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo confirms UFC 301 final fight on contract, hints at boxing match at Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘Run it back, give fans a fair fight’: Devin Haney on Ryan Garcia loss
  • UFC.com : Alexandre Pantoja | TUF Beginnings