Topic: Condit vs. Woodley

Condit vs. Woodley

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Oddsbot
Oddsbot
  • Predictions:  8,574  |  73.8%
  • Forum Posts:  17,522
  • Post Score: 60

02.02.2014 | 1:41 PM ET

This is the official discussion thread for Condit vs. Woodley. Let's see what you've got.

"This is the droid you're looking for."

Responses Page 3

CthulhuJones
CthulhuJones
  • Predictions:  40,133  |  60.1%
  • Forum Posts:  9,674
  • Post Score: 286

03.12.2014 | 6:02 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Condit   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 2  

Everyone saying they wish this was 5 rounds...it doesn't need to be. This fight's not going the distance. Condit's going to absolutely destroy Woodley. The betting odds being that close are ridiculous. Wanna make a **** ton of money? Take out a massive loan and bet it all on Condit at -175 to -190. You can thank me Saturday night.
This user is suspended from posting until 1 year, 5 months, 3 weeks, 5 days, 5 hours, and 59 minutes from now.
bkt1982
bkt1982
  • Predictions:  2,023  |  53.2%
  • Forum Posts:  135
  • Post Score: 19

03.14.2014 | 4:42 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Condit   wrong Decision  

I dont know i could see it either way.

"I dont fight to win, I fight to survive!"

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

03.16.2014 | 11:04 AM ET

Woodley should definitely face Rory.for a title shot, it was unfortunate he won by.injury but  wasn't seeing him.being Condit short of something like that anyways. Rory won't run at Woodley while he waits on the outside to counter like Carlos did anyways. He  won't get taken down as easily either evenn.though Condit was owning.the chosen one off his.back. Rory vs.Woodley.makes a lot  of sense.

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

joe kerr
joe kerr
  • Predictions:  241,660  |  68.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,850
  • Post Score: 267

03.16.2014 | 12:01 PM ET

Prediction: wrong Condit   wrong KO/TKO   wrong Round 3  

I hope nobody took Cthulhu's advice from Wednesday. I also hope he didn't do what he was advising himself, otherwise we might not see him again.

"If the enemy rejects the ground, I would take him down by tackle. Why didn’t he [Royler] do so? May I introduce him to a good coach? His tackle was... like a girl’s one... Mr. Royler, how are you feeling?" - Kazushi Sakuraba

putaforkinya
putaforkinya
  • Predictions:  10,025  |  59.2%
  • Forum Posts:  736
  • Post Score: 236

03.16.2014 | 12:47 PM ET

wow does condit have a chin or what.

I actually thought that woodley would try to lay and prey condit and take first rd before gassing midway in the second and then have condit steel the fight.

I give woodley credit for standing and banging and my hat goes off to him for his humble post fight interview.  he was respectful of condit and of the situation that ended the fight.

it is to bad that we didn't get to see how this one played out.  i'd still like to see what woodley's gas tank is like.  and it sucks for condit to have this "tko" on his record.

any way it was a good fight up until then.  i hope that CthulhuJones didn't bet the farm on it though.

(see top comment)

" holy **** did you see that?, baddest ***********er ever, hooooly ****" -Dana White seconds after Silva KO'd Vitor

ED209
ED209
  • Predictions:  7,297  |  61.1%
  • Forum Posts:  3,437
  • Post Score: 213

03.16.2014 | 1:04 PM ET

Prediction: correct Woodley   wrong Decision  

I was pleasantly surprised here, like you I thought Woodleys best bet was lay and pray but in the short fight it was he handled Carlos standing, took him down at will and just dominated Condit. That was good to see, very happy with his performance.

"30-26 Tim Boetsch"

ajjets10
ajjets10
  • Predictions:  957  |  58.1%
  • Forum Posts:  88
  • Post Score: -626

03.16.2014 | 5:44 PM ET

anyone thinking condit was gonna win clearly was ignoring his trash takedown defense. This was an easy fight to pick, idk how so many people picked condit tbh
cal1
cal1
  • Predictions:  22,053  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,001
  • Post Score: 251

03.16.2014 | 6:09 PM ET

If fights are so easy to predict why have you gotten so many wrong? This **** is hard for everyone 

"UFC 151 NEVER FORGET"

ajjets10
ajjets10

03.16.2014 | 6:15 PM ET

not saying ALL FIGHTS are easy to predict. What the hell about my post made you come up with that statement? I said THIS FIGHT was easy to predict. Trash takedown defense vs world class wrestling. We have seen this 1000 times in MMA and at least 95% of the time the result is the same, why anyone assumed this would be the exception is beyond me, especially when every one of condits losses is to top grapplers.

Fendarr
Fendarr
  • Predictions:  1,564  |  60.8%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: 233

03.16.2014 | 6:15 PM ET

Woodley did a lot better than I thought he would. Still, he was slowing down and Carlos was probably going to steal it. Regardless, good on Tyron for landing the harder shots and good on Condit for absorbing them like it was nothing. I'd like to see Hendricks take a break and Tyron fight Rory for the next shot.

" It's only pain, it will not hurt you. - Bas Rutten"

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

03.16.2014 | 6:23 PM ET

Fendarr you're a G

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

cal1
cal1
  • Predictions:  22,053  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,001
  • Post Score: 251

03.16.2014 | 6:26 PM ET

@ajj You're right, you did say "this fight" so please accept my apologies. 

"UFC 151 NEVER FORGET"

ajjets10
ajjets10

03.16.2014 | 6:30 PM ET

Why does everyone claim woodley slowing down? He was dodging everything condit threw with ease, he was still landing with extreme velocity and pop behind his punches and was still exploding on his takedown attempts. Just cause he wasnt wasting energy and throwing uneffecient strikes by no means means he was slowing down. Its called pacing yourself.

he definitely wasnt gonna steal a decision, and he was gonna need a KO or Sub in the third and nothing about that fight said condit was gonna be able to do that. Landed no telling blows, couldnt touch woodley on the feet, and had nothing for woodley on the ground. Fact is anytime he got aggressive woodley would dodge him and take him down. What makes people think Condit having to get more aggressive would result in anything other than much easier takedowns is far beyond me.

* Edited at 03.16.2014, 6:31 PM ET *

Page 3

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Why Michael Chandler believes he could 'absolutely outclass' Conor McGregor at UFC 303
  • Bad Left Hook : Lopez vs Leo in the works for Aug. 10
  • Bad Left Hook : Luis Alberto Lopez vs Angelo Leo in the works for Aug. 10
  • Middle Easy : Michael Chandler Opens Up About Doubting Himself After Being Inactive For Too Long, Reveals Gameplan Against Conor McGregor
  • MMAFighting.com : Heck of a Morning: Who should Max Holloway fight next after spectacular UFC 300 knockout?
  • MMA Junkie : PFL's Derek Anderson shares graphic injury photo after alleged hit-and-run, out of Cedric Doumbe fight
  • UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | What’s Next For Jamahal Hill, Boxer Anthony Sims Jr. Talks What UFC Gets Right
  • MMAFighting.com : Derek Anderson out of Cedric Doumbe fight after suffering gruesome foot injury
  • Bad Left Hook : Billam-Smith vs Riakporhe rematch official for June 15 in London
  • MMA Junkie : Chael Sonnen rejects Daniel Cormier's idea of Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler for UFC 165-pound title
  • MMAFighting.com : Sean Strickland’s head coach explains what he could’ve done better vs. Dricus du Plessis, previews Paulo Costa bout
  • Middle Easy : Justin Gaethje Reflects On His UFC 300 KO Loss To Max Holloway, ‘Ready’ For Return After 6 Months
  • MMA Mania : MMA Fighter Kicks Ring Girl, Gets Jumped By Angry Mob
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway’s point-to-the-canvas UFC 300 moment was deja vu for Ricardo Lamas
  • Jits Magazine : PGF World Season 6: Best Of Day 1
  • MMA Mania : Feet Are Not Supposed To Bend This Way
  • MMAFighting.com : Mike Perry believes a bare-knuckle fight with Conor McGregor really could happen: ‘Conor’s a real one’
  • Jits Magazine : Midwest Finishers 18 Full Results And Review
  • MMA Junkie : Shawne Merriman launches Lights Out Sports app, touts 'milestone' for MMA promotion
  • MMA Mania : Mac’s Skills ‘Not What They Used To Be’ After Layoff