Tapology Forums

Predicting UFC Champs and Fighters who will rise to 2015 contendership

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Mabemotta
Mabemotta
  • Predictions:  3,670  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: 50

01.20.2014 | 5:21 PM ET

Just to discuss and raise some questions on the sport we love:

CHAMPION:
  • Heavyweight: Velasquez (2-0 against Werdum and Overeem)
  • Lightheavyweight: Jones (2-0 against Glover and Gustafsson)
  • Middleweight: Belfort (2-0 against Weidman and Machida/Jacaré)
  • Welterweight: Hendricks (3-0 against Lawler, Rory/Maia and Shields)
  • Lightweight: Melendez (3-0 against Khabib, Pettis and Henderson)
  • Featherweight: Aldo (3-0 against Lamas, Mendes and Edgar/Penn)
  • Bantamweight: Barão (3-0 against Faber, Assunção and Cruz/Dillashaw)
  • Flyweight: Johnson (2-0 against Lineker and McCall)

NEXT IN LINE FOR 2015:

• Heavyweight: 1) Browne, 2) Gonzaga and 3) JDS
  • Lightheavyweight: 1) Cormier, 2) Evans and 3) Davis
  • Middleweight: 1) Jacaré, 2) Rockhold and 3) Romero
  • Welterweight: 1) Woodley, 2) Thatch and 3) Brown
  • Lightweight: 1) Grant, 2) Martins and 3) dos Anjos
  • Featherweight: 1) Swanson, 2) Poirier and 3)McGregor
  • Bantamweight: 1) Dillashaw, 2) Alcantara and 3) McDonald
  • Flyweight: 1) Benavidez and ??? 

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the Machida era" - FAIL

Responses

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,561
  • Post Score: 275

01.20.2014 | 6:00 PM ET

We haven't seen enough of him yet to know what kind of weaknesses he has, but I think in a couple years we might see Justin Gaethje fight for the belt. This kid is special.

"I live, I die, I live again."

zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

01.20.2014 | 7:00 PM ET

I can't really gauge Gaethje (pardon the pun). He hasn't fought much of anyone. Dan Lauzon hasn't done anything but beat a green Bobby Green (again, pardon the pun). Cavalcante's been all over the place in the last five years. Brian Cobb has perennially been that guy that is the gatekeeper to world class organizations. Fickett's right at the end of his career and really hadn't shown that there was much reason for him to continue fighting in the bouts before Gaethje took him out. I dunno, I'm just not ready to anoint Gaethje as a top guy. I want to see him fight at least one guy that I would have ranked in the top 30 LWs before I say he can contend for a title. Gaethje's young, but there are a ton of young guys at LW including: Pettis (26), Chandler (27), Nurmagomedov (25), Diaz (28), Green (27), Johnson (27), Brooks (27), Khabilov (27), Jury (25), and Barboza (27). 

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

benjaminbrandt
benjaminbrandt
  • Predictions:  18,270  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  15,716
  • Post Score: 229

01.20.2014 | 7:17 PM ET

I wouldn't call that a pun. 

An appropriate pun would be:

I can't figure out who to pick in the Gaethje/Newell fight.  Both fighters are very talanted and coming to a conclusion is proving difficult. 

I guess I'm
stumped.

"I have not yet begun to defile myself. "

michigandolphin
michigandolphin
  • Predictions:  25,001  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  4,973
  • Post Score: 261

01.20.2014 | 7:48 PM ET

"Frig off, bud"

Gregory
Gregory
  • Predictions:  6,817  |  63.3%
  • Forum Posts:  18,561
  • Post Score: 275

01.20.2014 | 7:56 PM ET

Welterweight: Askren (if he got the chance) or Rory Mac (despite the loss to Lawler)

"I live, I die, I live again."

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : Jose Aldo hopes Conor McGregor 'of old' shows up vs. Michael Chandler at UFC 303
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC lightweight Paddy Pimblett announces arrival of twin baby girls
  • MMA Junkie : Ariane Lipski plots her 'best performance ever' against Karine Silva at UFC on ESPN 55
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘This will be one of Canelo’s better performances’: Ellerbe expects showcase victory against Munguia
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight-week press conference live stream
  • MMA Junkie : Video: BKFC KnuckleMania 4 fight-week press conference live stream (6 p.m. ET)
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch BKFC KnuckleMania 4 press conference video live now
  • MMAFighting.com : BKFC KnuckleMania 4 press conference video at 6 p.m. ET
  • MMA Junkie : UFC Louisville lineup announced: Dominick Reyes vs. Dustin Jacoby, but no main event official
  • MMA Mania : Wanna Bet Someone Misses Weight? Now You Can!
  • MMA Junkie : Ronda Rousey thinks Joe Rogan, media turned on her after knockout losses: 'They're a bunch of assh*les'
  • MMAFighting.com : Curtis Blaydes: Tom Aspinall fight at UFC 304 makes sense, but I learned ‘don’t get my hopes up’
  • Middle Easy : Trial Date Set for Former UFC Heavyweight Champion Cain Velasquez in Attempted Murder Case
  • MMA Junkie : Israel Adesanya will always respect 'special fighter' Alex Pereira
  • Jits Magazine : PGF World Season 6: Day 3 Recap
  • MMAFighting.com : Shaq: Vitor Belfort knocked out person ‘talking crazy’ at bar
  • UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | Ariane Lipski, Austin Hubbard, UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez picks
  • MMA Junkie : Montana De La Rosa, Andrea Lee booked for UFC rematch in Louisville
  • MMA Mania : Cannonier Vs Imamov Headlines UFC Louisville
  • MMA Junkie : UFC's Tim Means doesn't expect to fight for long: 'I turned 40, I know my time is coming'