Tapology Forums

MMA Hour: WSOF vice-pres calls for WSOF vs. Bellator PPV

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

mulefloyd
mulefloyd
  • Predictions:  15,476  |  63.0%
  • Forum Posts:  8,786
  • Post Score: 180

01.06.2014 | 1:28 PM ET

Pretty interesting

Spong vs. Rampage - LHW 
Johnson vs. Vegh - LHW 
Arlovski vs. Minakov - HW
Moraes vs. Dantas - BW
Okami vs. Schlemenko - MW
Palhares vs. Lima - WW 
Gaethje vs. Chandler - LW
Karakhanyan vs. Straus - FW  

Fitch vs. Hawn - WW
Dave Branch vs. Brett Cooper - MW? That one's a little strange to include

Overall very interesting.

"Grammar. The difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

Responses Page 2

desauce
desauce
  • Predictions:  16,628  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,272
  • Post Score: 271

01.06.2014 | 7:21 PM ET

Yes please

" I just watched a bum pick up all the trash around him and throw it away what a good bum I hope he has good karma." - Cody McKenzie

bman518
bman518
  • Predictions:  23,181  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,763
  • Post Score: 185

01.06.2014 | 7:25 PM ET

The only Bellator guys I see winning are Chandler, Straus, and maybe Dantas if those exact matchups happen.

* Edited at 01.06.2014, 7:26 PM ET *

"Check yourself before you wreck yourself."

unbeknownst
unbeknownst
  • Predictions:  5,020  |  63.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1,679
  • Post Score: 208

01.06.2014 | 8:36 PM ET

WSOF would have to allow Alvarez/Chandler III to headline the card, plus allow Bellator to take a bigger portion of the revenue split.

I just don't see this happening because this would put all the Bellator champs out of commission and therefore unable to headline the SPIKE TV cards. 

"I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them."

buffalo ben
buffalo ben
  • Predictions:  3,705  |  58.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,348
  • Post Score: 157

01.06.2014 | 8:41 PM ET

i want. Yes do.

"You don't have to be perfect, just dont be fraudulant"

A C Slayed her
A C Slayed her
  • Predictions:  467  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  26
  • Post Score: -138

01.07.2014 | 2:44 AM ET

I'd watch Nick Newell vs Eddie Alvarez.  Half an arm vs half a brain

"I'm an acquired taste, if u don't like what I say, Acquire some taste."

yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

01.07.2014 | 3:19 AM ET

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

* Edited at 01.07.2014, 3:30 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

Woodstock
Woodstock
  • Predictions:  983  |  60.4%
  • Forum Posts:  67
  • Post Score: 209

01.07.2014 | 7:35 AM ET

This is such a great marketing ploy by WSOF; Its a great way of moving their name up the organisation pile as Bellator's only way of saving face would be to go ahead and win big.

If Bellator says no, for whatever reason, WSOF will say that they were scared and knew they would lose, making them look like a worse organisation than WSOF, which moves WSOF up above them in everyone's minds.

If Bellator says yes, but loses the majority of the fights, then WSOF will be seen to have proved that they have better fighters and thus are a better promotion.

If Bellator agrees but wants to change the match-ups then everyone will see it as Bellator not having faith in the talents of their fighters against WSOF's, and wanting to give them easier fights/more certain W's, again promoting WSOF to be seen as a more credible promotion.

So Bellator has to win big, and that's a big ask considering the match-ups they have put forward.

Well done WSOF, what a great piece of work, and its hard to see how they could ever come out of this looking bad.

* Edited at 01.07.2014, 7:38 AM ET *

"You're never alone with schizophrenia"

trevpicks
trevpicks
  • Predictions:  81,833  |  56.1%
  • Forum Posts:  1,853
  • Post Score: 222

01.07.2014 | 10:06 AM ET

That would be a dream night of fights for me, good match ups but org vs org is what's really interesting. One side most likely Bellator would have too much to lose so it will stay a dream, unless after the ppv Bellator buys wsof.

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 live results (7 p.m. ET): Welterweights, featherweights in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : Masvidal ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, But First...
  • MMAFighting.com : Devin Haney vs. Ryan Garcia weigh-in video at 2 p.m. ET.
  • Jits Magazine : ADXC 4: Ffion Davies And Morgan Black Face Each Other In The Grappling Co-Main Event
  • Jits Magazine : Stacked Tournaments Confirmed For Midwest Finishers 18
  • MMAFighting.com : PFL 3 Results: Koreshkov vs. Umalatov
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania: ‘I Decide Who, When, And Where’
  • MMA Mania : Muhammad Goes Off On Edwards And ‘Fakest Team I’ve Ever Seen’
  • MMA Junkie : Ryan Garcia has skill set to compete with Devin Haney. Does he have mindset?
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight; Topuria responds
  • MMA Junkie : Henry Cejudo: Bo Nickal needs to hold his horses, 'maybe 10 fights away from possibly becoming UFC champion'
  • MMA Mania : Frenemies? ‘I Hate To See A Fighter Lose His Confidence’
  • MMA Junkie : 2024 PFL 3 weigh-in results: Welterweights, featherweights set in Chicago
  • MMA Mania : ‘When I Was Your Age, I Already Had Title Defenses, Buddy’
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia fight card
  • Middle Easy : Exclusive: Belal Muhammad Claims He ‘Hates Leon Edwards’ Guts,’ Hopes To Dethrone The Welterweight King In Manchester
  • Middle Easy : Jorge Masvidal Says He’s ‘Definitely’ Returning To UFC, Wants Logan Paul Or Floyd Mayweather Jr In Boxing After Nate Diaz
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Suggests Herb Dean Played a Part in Jamahal Hill’s UFC 300 Loss, ‘Big’ John McCarthy Responds
  • MMA Junkie : Max Holloway responds to the 'un-BMF' demands from UFC champ Ilia Topuria
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘You will be exposed on Saturday night if you are not ready’: Eddie Hearn says things about to get real for Ryan Garcia