Topic: Michael Johnson

Michael Johnson Campaigning for Fight with Nate Diaz

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

edwinx1903
edwinx1903
  • Predictions:  1,280  |  60.3%
  • Forum Posts:  3,039
  • Post Score: 245

01.02.2014 | 5:42 PM ET

@FollowTheMenace: Trying to get on a serious streak here everyone retweet if u would like to see me fight @NateDiaz209 @danawhite id love this match up!!

Source: https://twitter.com/followthemenace/status/418760881728929793
This is a big step up competition for MJ if he gets his wish granted and I honestly don't think he'll be able to pull it off if he gets his wish granted.
Michael "The Menace" Johnson

Photo Source:  

Fighter Details

• Given Name: Michael Julian Johnson
  • Pro MMA Record: 22-19-0 (Win-Loss-Draw)
  • Nickname: The Menace
  • Current Streak: 1 Win
  • Last Fight: February 10, 2024 in UFC
  • Weight Class: Lightweight | Last Weigh-In: 156.0 lbs
  • Affiliation: Kill Cliff FC
  • Height: 5'10" (178cm) | Reach: 73.5" (187cm)
  • Career Disclosed Earnings: $522,000 USD
  • Born: St. Louis, Missouri, United States
  • Fighting out of: Boca Raton, Florida
  • College: Missouri State University
  • Foundation Style: N/A
  • Fighter Links:
  • Personal Links:

Responses Page 2

curtwag84
curtwag84
  • Predictions:  13,940  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  5,695
  • Post Score: 273

01.03.2014 | 7:30 PM ET

1-4 here those blackzillians are so hard to predict. well except Vitor

"I'd like to take this chance, to appologize. To absolutely nobody. -Connor McGreGOAT"

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

01.03.2014 | 7:33 PM ET

Dang, I'm 3-5 in MJ's fights. I'm surprised that that's considered pretty good here, lol. I picked Madadi and Sass to beat him.

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

zarog
zarog
  • Predictions:  2,855  |  63.8%
  • Forum Posts:  4,174
  • Post Score: 241

01.03.2014 | 7:52 PM ET

You guys are all bosses at picking Michael Johnson fights. I am 0-7. 

"Surrender??!! You think this letter on my head stands for France?" - Captain America

Huiop532
Huiop532
  • Predictions:  9,220  |  58.3%
  • Forum Posts:  1,534
  • Post Score: 206

01.03.2014 | 8:10 PM ET

I'm 3-2 in picking MJ's fights, but I've gotten his last 2 fights wrong. So let's hope if this fight happens, Diaz won't lose (cuz I'm sure as hell not picking Johnson to beat him)
Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

01.03.2014 | 9:34 PM ET

I'd be extremely surprised if Nate took this fight.  He's all about advancing his career.  This would help Johnson but give Diaz no bounce at all.  He'd be expected to win and receive no benefit. 

Nate wants only hard contenders to set up his title run.  He's not interested in a gold-digger looking to make a name at his expense.  He doesn't want to be anyone's stepping stone.

* Edited at 01.03.2014, 9:37 PM ET *

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

mikeyg
mikeyg
  • Predictions:  7,871  |  66.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,232
  • Post Score: 113

01.03.2014 | 10:52 PM ET

Gotta agree with Bill that Nate probably wants a higher contender, like Khabib or TJ Grant.
This user is suspended from posting until 4 years, 3 months, 1 week, 6 days, 7 hours, and 48 minutes from now.
Dakej
Dakej
  • Predictions:  2,722  |  62.8%
  • Forum Posts:  1,066
  • Post Score: 201

01.03.2014 | 11:33 PM ET

Nate would have to keep Khabib at range or he would get repeatedly sambo'd on his head. 

I would think he would be more apt to take a fight with someone who is primarily a striker than to take one with Khabib.
ACFMMA
ACFMMA

01.04.2014 | 1:01 AM ET

Personally i wouldnt fight division jumpers like diaz or sanchez. But thats just me. I wouldnt mind seeing Johnson fight Masvidal. They are both pretty close in the rankings. If he wants someone higher than Masvidal, then he could fight Jim Miller. They both just fought and won on the same card.

Personally id take the masvidal fight. If johnson wins, then hes on a 3 fight win streak. By the time that fight is over maybe bobby green is healthy. Green is on a 3 fight win streak in the UFC. Set both guys up since they are ranked close and would be on the same streak. Winner of Green vs Johnson probably gets a big name somewhere in the top 10. If green is severly injured and will be out for a long time then ask for someone like donald cerrone (if he beats martins) or thomson (if he losses to bendo). Both are top 10 and big names. A win over masvidal and then over thomson or cerrone would probably put him in top 5? And basically anybody in the top 5 is always brought up when title shots are being talked about.
Bill Burgess
Bill Burgess
  • Predictions:  301  |  69.1%
  • Forum Posts:  5,093
  • Post Score: 47

01.04.2014 | 3:06 AM ET

If Nate really wanted to set up his title run, there is one fighter that would set him up nicely.  But he is the one fighter that Nate will never, ever fight.  His good friend and fellow Cesar Gracie team member, Gilbert Melendez.

If Michael Johnson really wanted to set up a big leap up the LW ladder for himself, he would call out Khabib Nurmagomedov.  Funny thing is, about a year ago, Khabib called out Nate Diaz and Nate promptly ignored him completely and blew off his call-out.

Of course, If Johnson were to fight Khabib, Khabid would probably mop the floor with him.

If Johnson were not thinking exclusively about leaping up the ladder, but merely on proving he can whip tough guys, he might consider Rustam Khabilov, Rafael Dos Anjos, Jamie Varner and Jorge Masivdal.  Bobby Green is also appropriate.

"Love God, live with honor, keep your agreements."

Nomad
Nomad
  • Predictions:  3,465  |  66.3%
  • Forum Posts:  5,117
  • Post Score: 181

01.04.2014 | 4:31 AM ET

Khabib has earned his contention fight, Johnson still needs to prove hes consistent. Miller and Diaz are both reasonable fights for Johnson next, if he wins a fight like that give him an A-lister like Khabib, Dos Anjos, Thomson, Grant, Benson. Right now Khabilov, Cerrone and Bobby Green have scheduled opponents, as does Varner. The only fights that make sense for Johnson to me are Jim Miller, Myles Jury, Nate Diaz and Edson Barboza.

"If I have a goal, then it is to escape from this literalism. I'll never achieve it; in the same way that I'll never manage to describe what really dwells within my character, although I keep on trying."

Page 2

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Middle Easy : Iranian MMA Fighter Attacked By Russian Crowd For Kicking Ring Girl, Hitting Opponent With Cheap Shots After Losing
  • Bad Left Hook : Tim Tszyu vs Vergil Ortiz Jr planned for Crawford-Madrimov undercard
  • MMA Junkie : Mayra Bueno Silva vs. Macy Chiasson added to UFC 303 for International Fight Week
  • MMAFighting.com : Watch famous Hollywood artist grade best and worst of MMA posters
  • UFC.com : The Flyweight Title Picture Comes Into Focus For The Next Month
  • MMA Junkie : Video: MMA fighter DQ'd after projectile vomiting blue liquid in the cage
  • UFC.com : Fighters on the Rise | UFC Fight Night: Nicolau vs Perez
  • Middle Easy : Daniel Cormier Explains Why Conor McGregor vs. Michael Chandler Should Be A 165-Pound Title Fight
  • Bad Left Hook : Matchroom wins Ennis vs Crowley purse bid, targets July in Philadelphia
  • MMAFighting.com : Matt Brown lambastes referee ‘clearly’ favoring Devin Haney over Ryan Garcia: ‘You should be fined for that one motherf*****’
  • MMA Junkie : Why Michael Chandler believes he could 'absolutely outclass' Conor McGregor at UFC 303
  • MMA Mania : Fight Motion! UFC Slows Down Its ‘300’ Highlights
  • Bad Left Hook : Luis Alberto Lopez vs Angelo Leo in the works for Aug. 10
  • Bad Left Hook : Lopez vs Leo in the works for Aug. 10
  • Middle Easy : Michael Chandler Opens Up About Doubting Himself After Being Inactive For Too Long, Reveals Gameplan Against Conor McGregor
  • MMAFighting.com : Heck of a Morning: Who should Max Holloway fight next after spectacular UFC 300 knockout?
  • MMA Junkie : PFL's Derek Anderson shares graphic injury photo after alleged hit-and-run, out of Cedric Doumbe fight
  • UFC.com : UFC UNFILTERED | What’s Next For Jamahal Hill, Boxer Anthony Sims Jr. Talks What UFC Gets Right
  • MMAFighting.com : Derek Anderson out of Cedric Doumbe fight after suffering gruesome foot injury
  • Bad Left Hook : Billam-Smith vs Riakporhe rematch official for June 15 in London