Tapology Forums

8 questions heading into UFC 168:

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

mmawizzard
mmawizzard
  • Predictions:  49,270  |  61.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,206
  • Post Score: 147

12.16.2013 | 11:11 AM ET

1. Will Siyar Bahadurzada bounce back?
2. Which LW is poised to break out (Miller,Camoes,Johnson,Tibau) ?
3. Who is getting booted out of the UFC? Chris Leben or Uriah Hall?
4. Is Diego Brandao legit?
5. Which HW will become a contender? Browne or Barnett?
6. Does Meisha Tate have anything for Ronda Rousey?
7. Will Anderson Silva "Clown" Chris Weidman again?
8. How good is Chris Weidman's cardio?

"Wizzard of Tapology"

Responses

gpitsakis
gpitsakis
  • Predictions:  378  |  67.2%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: 200

12.16.2013 | 11:55 AM ET

Howard is going to win the fight against Bahadurzada

Though his fight with Hall was a little underwhelming, I think he takes the decision here. He is hungry again, realizes the second opportunity given to him. 
amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

12.16.2013 | 4:09 PM ET

1. No. Howard will take this. He went in against another KO artist and didn't give a ****. Keep in mind that he went up in weight to beat Hall.

2. Everyone expects Miller to win, so I'm gonna go with Tibau.

3. Leben because he's been looking really old.

4. The fact that I had to think about this probably means no. But I want him to succeed.

5. Barnett. Not saying Browne won't win, but Barnett is where the smart money is

6. Not anything she didn't have in the first fight.

7. Not really, but he will use some trickery, head movement, and speed, and it will look like it.

8. He hasn't given us a reason to believe it's bad, but then again, he's never been in a 5 round fight. I say this fight ends (Either way) before we get a chance to find out.

ProdigyKid14
ProdigyKid14
  • Predictions:  8,848  |  62.4%
  • Forum Posts:  5,902
  • Post Score: 195

12.17.2013 | 12:33 AM ET

1. Don't think so, especially if Howard can mix things up like he's capable of.

2. Don't think any of them, but I think Johnson has the best chance. I personally don't think the other three can get much higher on the LW ladder.

3. Never thought much of Hall (ever), and Leben's been looking old and worn out lately. Hate to say it because I've always liked the guy, but I think Leben's run in the UFC is up after this fight.

4. Nope.

5. Barnett.

6. No.

7. Probably, but not quite as much as he did the first time.

8. Probably just average, I don't think it's anything special. Not sure if this is the fight where we find that out or not though.

"I fight em all. Men, women, children, ******** people, it doesn't matter. If you hit me, we're gonna fight. -Charles Bennett"

FresnoMMA
FresnoMMA
  • Predictions:  54,464  |  68.6%
  • Forum Posts:  7,431
  • Post Score: 204

12.17.2013 | 12:45 AM ET

1. Yes but it will be a close fight
2. With the exception of Camoes they're all somewhat established.  The ones that have potential to break out would be Johnson if he wins impressive or Camoes if he wins at all.
3. Hopefully Hall
4. Yes, but he's losing to Poirier who is a future champion
5. Barnett
6. She put up a better fight than people give her credit for, but I don't think she'll do as good this time around.
7. Probably, but not to the same extent.  Anderson by KO regardless
8. Not as good as Anderson's
fglop
fglop
  • Predictions:  1,625  |  70.0%
  • Forum Posts:  1,061
  • Post Score: 150

12.17.2013 | 1:13 AM ET

Maybe, but not spectactularly. Howard is tough, pretty technical and doesn't seem to be type you can put away with one punch.
I don't think either of these four will see a high rise in rank after this. I see Tibau stifling Johnson, which means both will stay where they're at and I see Miller beating Camoes which everyone expects to happen.
Leben would never get "booted" imo but he is going to probably lose. 
We won't be able to tell against Poirier, whom he'd lose to if he was legit or not.
I hope Barnett.
A strong desire to win. 
I think he dominates honestly. 
Uhh i'm sure it isn't bad/good to the point where its going to be a deciding factor.
yossgold
yossgold
  • Predictions:  67,502  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  14,550
  • Post Score: 295

12.17.2013 | 7:58 AM ET

1. Will Siyar Bahadurzada bounce back? Not in this fight.
2. Which LW is poised to break out (Miller,Camoes,Johnson,Tibau) ? Tibau (I don't know if beating MJ is a breakout per say, but he's the one that's going to get the tougher win of the 4).
3. Who is getting booted out of the UFC? Chris Leben or Uriah Hall? Leben will lose, Hall will get booted on his next loss because he's not going to win spectacularly.
4. Is Diego Brandao legit? Legit? Yes. Can beat he Poirier? Not at this stage, not with that cardio.
5. Which HW will become a contender? Browne or Barnett? Browne.
6. Does Meisha Tate have anything for Ronda Rousey? Maybe, if she can put her on her back. IF.
7. Will Anderson Silva "Clown" Chris Weidman again? He didn't clown him, that's how he goats people into committing to stuff and can surprise them with deadly counters. Didn't work this time because he's getting slower and Weidman extended more than he expected and tagged him a second before that. And to answer your question, he'll definitely do it again if the fight goes to that place because that's how he fights, it's instinct.
8. How good is Chris Weidman's cardio? I have seen no reason to doubt it yet.

* Edited at 12.17.2013, 11:14 AM ET *

"Hay lohh you Mike, ay lov you Mike. Hyou say somesing like di fo me, and naw I say you ... I LOV YOU! See you som. Boy." -- Yoel Romero, UFC 205

MegaDave
MegaDave
  • Predictions:  8,095  |  59.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1,656
  • Post Score: 191

12.17.2013 | 10:35 AM ET

-I don't think so.  If it gets out of the first round, Howard takes it. 
-Break out? Well, Miller and Tibau will never get beyond that ceiling.  Unless Johnson really improves, neither will he.  Not too sure of Camoes.
-Hall gets booted or Leben retires.
-Legit? I don't know what you mean by that, but he is going to lose this fight.
-Barnett will win, both are contenders.
-Doubtful
-I hope not.
-An All American Champion wrestler's cardio?  I'd imagine it'd be pretty solid

* Edited at 12.17.2013, 11:37 AM ET *

"I'm sorry that the brilliance of my words goes over your heads. I'm not going to stop being an eagle just because I am surrounded by turkeys-CS"

Anik
Anik
  • Predictions:  6,592  |  62.5%
  • Forum Posts:  17,508
  • Post Score: 160

12.17.2013 | 11:14 PM ET

1. I think Howard's going to win because I think Siyar's KO over Paulo Thiago was just karma from the MMA gods for KOing Josh Koscheck and then being a bust.
2. Unless Miller chooses to keep it standing, I believe that Camoes could be the unlikely winner of the night. Even if Miller does choose to strike the entire way, Camoes fought 27 minutes bare-knuckled against Anderson Silva; guy's got balls.
3. Uriah Hall because Chris Leben will never be booted out; only forced to retire.
4. Yes.
5. Hard question, I'm going with Barnett 'cause Browne's cardio is questionable.
6. No.
7. If he doesn't his path to victory will be significantly narrower.
8. Not too good but good enough to lay n' pray the Spider for a little bit.

"الله أكبرl"

PilloryChoke
PilloryChoke
  • Predictions:  31,957  |  64.3%
  • Forum Posts:  2,972
  • Post Score: 195

12.18.2013 | 2:21 AM ET

Camoes couldn't do much to Melvin Guillard on the ground and he fought Anderson Silva in 1997. He's tough, but I don't see him having much of a shot.

I think so, he seems to have more power than Howard and Howard doesn't seem like a guy who will take Siyar down and give him problems there. Hard fight to call though. 

I don't think anybody will "break out" per se. I expect Miller and Tibau to win and neither win will be good enough to move them beyond gatekeeper status. 

Leben though as said he will likely be asked to retire instead of being booted. TBH he would have already been cut after the Craig loss if it weren't for stupid favoritism, he lost three straight, failed a drug test, and looked like slow crud against Brunson and Craig.

Legit as a solid fighter? Yes. Legit enough to beat Poirier? Highly, highly doubt it.

I'm going with Barnett as I don't think Browne's wrestling has been shown to be good enough to handle him. Browne will stay relevant though and could still get a future title shot. 

No. It's hard to imagine Tate even doing as good as she did in the first fight. Keep in mind that since that fight she's had an extremely hard-fought fight against Julie Kedzie and a TKO loss to Cat Zingano. 

If he acts or fights anything like he did in the first fight, he's a moron. 

Good enough that it should have a low chance of being relevant in this fight. 

"When Conor fought Cowboy, he looked like a lion. When he fights stronger opponents, he looks like a scared chicken." - Khabib

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• MMA Junkie : PFL Chicago fight week vlog 3: Fighters explore the city ahead of fight night
  • MMAFighting.com : Kamaru Usman questions how much Max Holloway’s eye pokes altered outcome of Justin Gaethje fight
  • MMA Junkie : PFL Week 3 predictions: Who are our unanimous picks at welterweight, featherweight in Chicago?
  • MMA Mania : DAZN Leaks Elle Brooke Vs Paige VanZant Boxing Match
  • MMA Junkie : Bo Nickal's response to Khamzat Chimaev's criticism of his UFC 300 win wasn't the best
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 adds several fights to Islam Makhachev vs. Dustin Poirier card
  • Bad Left Hook : ‘I’m going in there to f— this man up’: Ryan Garcia’s final thoughts on Haney
  • Bad Left Hook : Bill Haney gifts Ryan Garcia ‘Psychology for Dummies’ book
  • MMA Junkie : Brennan Ward nostalgic for Bellator, but ready to wreak havoc in $1 million PFL season
  • MMA Mania : Latest UFC 303 Fight Card, PPV lineup
  • MMAFighting.com : Max Holloway mocks Ilia Topuria’s demands for potential fight: ‘That’s not a tone of a BMF’
  • Middle Easy : Video – Drunk ‘Karen’ Tries to Pick a Fight with UFC Flyweight Star Maycee Barber
  • Middle Easy : UFC’s Bo Nickal Claps Back At Khamzat Chimaev, Vows To ‘Rag Doll’ Undefeated Star In Future Fight
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Declines Jamahal Hill’s Challenge: ‘I’d Like to Fight for the Title’
  • Middle Easy : Jiri Prochazka Declines Jamahal Hill’s Challenge : ‘I’d Like to Fight for the Title’
  • MMA Junkie : Michael Bisping explains why Sean Strickland has 'significant advantage' vs. Paulo Costa at UFC 302
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia press conference video
  • MMAFighting.com : Haney vs. Garcia press conference video live now
  • Middle Easy : T.J. Dillashaw Confident Jon Jones Would ‘Easily’ Outwrestle Alex Pereira in Potential Heavyweight Clash
  • MMA Mania : LIVE! Haney Vs Garcia Press Conference Video!