Tapology Forums

Cain will sleep in the 2nd

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

you know who
you know who
  • Predictions:  27,586  |  62.1%
  • Forum Posts:  25
  • Post Score: -12

10.16.2013 | 10:55 AM ET

Unbelievaable matchup.  Cain is good everywhere.  Junior is his superior in most areas of this mma contast.  This is conditional.  When both fighters are firing on all cylinders (especially the mental game) the art of violence is on full display.  Yeh, Cain did a number on JDS lastime out, no excuses.  He whipped him with his take downs (Junior up everytime after)  Also his strikes (couldn't finish)  Can Cain be any better than he was last time?  (don't think so)  Difference this time out, JDS is very hungry)

"legal & lethal knuckle justice, oh yah!!!!!"

Responses

Franklin880088
Franklin880088
  • Predictions:  1,570  |  59.7%
  • Forum Posts:  3,452
  • Post Score: 120

10.16.2013 | 11:12 AM ET

I think Cain is going to beat him badly. Cain looks like he trains on completely different level then JDS. Also think he just on another level as a fighter as well. Also think JDS mentality going into this fight is going to spell disaster for him.

"here I come to save the day"

mmown
mmown
  • Predictions:  2,384  |  62.6%
  • Forum Posts:  377
  • Post Score: 147

10.16.2013 | 11:32 AM ET

I think Cain will pull off the decision. I disagree that JDS is better in most areas. JDS has the better striking and bjj while Cain has the better wrestling and cardio.

Cain has to tools to nullify JDS's striking by constantly keeping JDS in fear of his takedowns. Even in the attempts that JDS stopped the takedown or clinch, he had to defend it so much that he was unable to land any significant strikes off of them. 
skelliher
skelliher
  • Predictions:  5,670  |  63.4%
  • Forum Posts:  11,051
  • Post Score: 245

10.16.2013 | 11:47 AM ET

Unfortunately, MMA doesn't come down to an equation in most cases. JDS could have better striking and BJJ, but Cain executed better in their second fight on the feet and his wrestling is good enough to negate any minimal BJJ advantage. 

"When a game cannot be won, change the game."

jmcdowell
jmcdowell
  • Predictions:  1,448  |  63.7%
  • Forum Posts:  450
  • Post Score: 188

10.16.2013 | 11:59 AM ET

Wouldn't this be more at home in the Official Thread for this fight?

"“I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious” - Lombardi"

PEACE
PEACE

10.16.2013 | 12:14 PM ET

More durp.

"I probably think you're a ****."

amp112
amp112
  • Predictions:  37,156  |  62.2%
  • Forum Posts:  5,588
  • Post Score: 208

10.16.2013 | 1:19 PM ET

Probably not a good idea for Cain to be napping during a title fight. 
you know who
you know who
  • Predictions:  27,586  |  62.1%
  • Forum Posts:  25
  • Post Score: -12

10.17.2013 | 1:55 PM ET

who did you say is in fear?

Anyone who watched fight #2 must have to agree, there is NO fear in JDS.  Talk about the beat down any way you choose, but how can anyone say Junior was afraid or will be in any kind of fear?  Junior took his beating like very few athletes can.  1. He went through hell, and at no time did he cower away.  2. He's coming back for more looking very confident in himself.  How many fighters can do that after such a one sided destruction?

The fear was, and still is wrestling in Cain's mind.  The punching power of JDS is very scary, who will argue that?  Faster hands, much greater power, and his head in the right place this time.  No take downs, wrestling advantage or good cardio will prevent the inevitable.  I see Cain making it to the second round, no further.    

"legal & lethal knuckle justice, oh yah!!!!!"

legacyofmisfortune
legacyofmisfortune
  • Predictions:  14,159  |  63.5%
  • Forum Posts:  5,349
  • Post Score: 240

10.17.2013 | 2:55 PM ET

@you know who, JDS showed a lot of heart and took his beating like a man and never quit on his fsecond fight with Cain and that´s admirable, but he did said he was wrecked emotionally after the fight and not only because he lost his belt but because his face was damaged really bad, he didn´t go out for weeks and he didn´t wanted to see anyone and he felt just miserable. I know that doesn´t mean he is scared but I find it hard to belive that he won´t remember those feelings when he is being  taken down and punded again by Velazquez, even his trainers have talked about building his confidence up.

"he is going to the hospital, and im going to the after party, ha ha ha" Nate Diaz

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : ‘Not the smartest in the ring fighter’: Robert Garcia not convinced Rolando Romero will beat Isaac Cruz
  • UFC.com : Vicente Luque: Expect Fireworks
  • Middle Easy : Georges St-Pierre Believes He ‘Would Have Beat’ Khabib in Rumored Superfight, Reveals His MMA GOATs
  • UFC.com : Erin Blanchfield Is Having A Full-Circle Moment
  • MMA Junkie : ONE 168 headlined by Stamp Fairtex vs. Jing Nan Xiong dual champion bout
  • UFC.com : Manon Fiorot Has Gold On Her Mind
  • Middle Easy : Brendan Schaub Calls Conor McGregor The ‘Most Underpaid Athlete’ of All Time: ‘No One Wants to Hear This’
  • MMA Mania : Adesanya ‘Ready To Go’ For DDP Fight At UFC 305
  • MMAFighting.com : Alexander Shabliy ‘not fully sure’ Usman Nurmagomedov fight happening, still awaiting contract and terms from PFL
  • MMA Junkie : Tim Welch: Merab Dvalishvili never fought someone like Sean O'Malley, 'who can put your lights out, one punch'
  • Bad Left Hook : Juan Francisco Estrada vs Bam Rodriguez official for June 29
  • Middle Easy : Dana White Makes Promise to His Children That Infamous Wife-Slapping Incident ‘Will Never Happen Again’
  • MMA Junkie : Georges St-Pierre reveals what his strategy would have been vs. Khabib Nurmagomedov
  • MMA Mania : ‘I Thought I Had Cancer’
  • MMA Junkie : Maycee Barber fires back at Erin Blanchfield for calling her pathetic: 'Erin fought my leftovers'
  • MMA Junkie : Conor McGregor opens up about fighting future: 'It's to the grave'
  • Bad Left Hook : Walters turns back clock, beats Adorno in ProBox main event
  • Bad Left Hook : Nicholas Walters turns back clock, beats Joseph Adorno in ProBox main event
  • Middle Easy : Georges St-Pierre Reveals Why He Retired: ‘I Thought Maybe I Had Cancer’
  • MMA Mania : White Vows Wife Slap ‘Will Never Happen Again’